Porsche Macan Forum banner

241 - 260 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
should I change my struts out if I go with the HR sport springs? I have heard different things. I’ve also heard it will take a few months before you will notice any issues. Any long term updates?

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
What struts are you going to replace with? I have been on the H&R springs with the OEM PASM struts for over 35k miles so far and no issues at all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They are saying I should replace with a shorter sport shock. I know many people do recommend replacing but haven’t heard of anyone here doing that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a 2016 Macan S and was thinking about lowering my car. Any recommendations on a manufacturer? I read on this forum that the H&R springs results in a hard ride. I want the ride to be equal to me current Macan S but sitting lower.

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
That won't happen. It is always a compromise.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you use just lowering springs, in my experience with a lot of cars of various makes and models the ride is going to get stiffer. If you leave the stock shocks/struts in with the shorter springs, the shocks/struts will fail sooner as you have shortened their range of operation. I would go with coil-overs if you want to lower your Macan so it can be dialed in to the height you want and the shocks/struts are designed to work with the springs that come with the coil-over kit. Do it right or please do not do it as you will come to dislike the ride. Just my thoughts. Cheers, Michael

Reactions: V6TT

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
Merging this thread with the 5 others, which already contain 244 posts related to lowering springs.

OP: Take note - please search for the topic before creating a new, redundant thread.

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
I have a 2016 Macan S and was thinking about lowering my car. Any recommendations on a manufacturer? I read on this forum that the H&R springs results in a hard ride. I want the ride to be equal to me current Macan S but sitting lower.
Lowering springs will generally cause the ride to become firmer. Whether it's noticable and significant will depend somewhat on the road conditions in your area.

If your car does not have PASM, you might consider the Eibach springs which don't drop the car as much as the H&R's. If you do have PASM, then Techart springs might be a good alternative to the H&Rs. Here is one thread on the Techart's......

TechArt Springs Installed and...

As mentioned above, there are coilover options, and also adjustable height springs......but they come with extra cost and slightly more complexity. You can have a look at some of the offerings on the Flat 6 Motorsports site.....

Macan Suspension

Best of luck with your search. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had Eibach's installed, here's how the car sits. I think it's 1.5 inch front and 1 inch rear. For those in the Bay Area, The Shop in San Bruno did the job. The price would have been around $1000 with alignment - I ended up paying more because the installation had to be done twice since I initially purchased the wrong kit (for PASM).
So if anyone's looking to get a PASM kit let me know :cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had Eibach's installed, here's how the car sits. I think it's 1.5 inch front and 1 inch rear. For those in the Bay Area, The Shop in San Bruno did the job. The price would have been around $1000 with alignment - I ended up paying more because the installation had to be done twice since I initially purchased the wrong kit (for PASM).
Perfect drop on the Eibachs.

Post up the Eibach PASM kit in a separate thread since I'm pretty sure they'll go quick.

Lots of people itching to get a drive in as we head into the Summer.

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
View attachment 230997 I had Eibach's installed, here's how the car sits. I think it's 1.5 inch front and 1 inch rear. For those in the Bay Area, The Shop in San Bruno did the job. The price would have been around $1000 with alignment - I ended up paying more because the installation had to be done twice since I initially purchased the wrong kit (for PASM).
Nice! What's the shop's name?

I have the H&R springs for PASM and they lower 1.5" front and rear. I thought the Eibach's only lower 1".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice! What's the shop's name?

I have the H&R springs for PASM and they lower 1.5" front and rear. I thought the Eibach's only lower 1".
The shop's name is The Shop San Bruno.
I believe Eibach's lower 1'' rear and 1.5'' front.

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
Strange that the Eibach’s give an uneven front and back lowering.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just installed HR Sport springs, lowered 1.5" all around, the ride equal to OEM on smooth roads, a bit firmer on rough roads, should have looked like this when delivered, really happy with the mod

·
Registered
61 Posts
B6 are for standard ride height. B8 are for use with lowering springs, but Bilstein does not make B8 for Macan. As of now I believe the only "proper" way to lower a steel suspension car is with a KW or Bilstein coilover kit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've run Eibach Pro on a BMW 3 series before and never had any issues, but the rake of the Macan set looks off, should be more level.

Does anyone know of a coilover that runs custom spring rates?

241 - 260 of 275 Posts