Porsche Macan Forum banner

221 - 240 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
anyone pay $1300 or more for the installation of the springs + an alignment?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've not seen anything to indicate there is any difference in ride height between PASM and non-PASM. Just be sure when you buy lowering springs, they are for a non-PASM application.

The vast majority of folks here have used H&R springs. Eibach seems to be a little late to the party.....but perhaps its time has come.

Over here Eibach has a really excellent reputation for road and motorsport applications. H&R are not so well known.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
1" drop isn't enough for me... I would do 2.5 - 3.

Anyone make that?
I can lower my Turbo as much as 55mm with my Cete Module, which is roughly 2.2 inches.

Looks good when parked, but I would not drive at that level for any significant distance. Ride is way too hard and I'm afraid of damaging AS or other suspension components.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So tire rack has an option that will drop 0-3"

That will work for me.

a stock 911 has 109mm clearance, stock Macan S is 182 so if I drop 3" that would make the car sit a little lower than a 911. That would be amazing... So now I have a goal for next years tax refund...

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
Macan rides lower than 911 makes it eligible for super lowriders competition.

Reactions: Glock19 and Shark

·
Registered
223 Posts
The best thing about the air suspension is that you can lift it up again if you need to.

Mac is already really low for a crossover/wagon, I wouldn't spend money lowering it if you can't reverse it with a flip of the switch.

Don't be THAT guy crawling over a speedbump or high centered trying to get into a parking garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's the question for my 2015 Macan S with non-PSAM Steel suspension (21" wheels). Currently, my car appears to be about 0.5" higher in the rear than in the front. They Eibach kit for my car says it lowers by 1/2" in the front and 1" in the rear. I'm not a fan of rake angle and this kit seems to increase that. Is that really the case? Does the Eibach kit really lower the front further, or is the final result an even gap in the front and rear?

Hello, can you please take measurements of all four corners (From center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender arch), and send them to my email so I can compare them to our R&D measurements? Please attach a few pictures as well so I can have my tech support team verify that everything looks okay. Please send the information over to Koceguera @ Eibach.com and I will do my best to assist you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello, can you please take measurements of all four corners (From center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender arch), and send them to my email so I can compare them to our R&D measurements? Please attach a few pictures as well so I can have my tech support team verify that everything looks okay. Please send the information over to Koceguera @ Eibach.com and I will do my best to assist you.
Already lowered the car on Eibach springs. My personal drop was 1.2" lower on both the front and rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!

Have read all 11 pages on this thread many times. I am about to pull the trigger on the KW kit for my '16 Macan Turbo.

Anything new for 2019? Who is your preferred online source? Other tips to insure an optimized experience?

Am psyched....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Already lowered the car on Eibach springs. My personal drop was 1.2" lower on both the front and rear.
Phewww the ride height is exactly what I want on my non-PASM 2017. Do you have a link of where you purchased the springs? or the exact model?

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is nice subtle drop.! Any updates on drivability after a few months of use.?
Still similar to my first impressions. I'd say it's better than the original springs overall, but wish I had PSAM. On longer highway drives I start to notice the chatter of the tires skipping around over bumps in the road, but that comes with territory of the 21" wheels. Again, better than stock still. I do sometimes think the drop with H&R might have looked better, but this is good enough while still keeping a little more ground clearance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks everyone who had posted lowering info here. I never imagined I would lower any car I ever owned. However after much reading I had Eibach springs installed on my non-PASM Macan to get a "Factory GTS on AS Low mode" look, but I got so much more. The car is now much more settled at low speeds over rough roads (i.e., city driving). There's also significantly less body roll, and it is easier for everyone to get in and out. If I try really hard, I think it even uses less gas on the highway. But best of all, the Macan finally looks the way it should.
Here's an identical before/after for reference. I'm so happy - I never thought one little mod could make me like this car so much more!

221 - 240 of 275 Posts