Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK - there seems to be some confusion among the newer members.

Whatever module you choose, the Normal/Low button in your Macan still functions as it normally would.

The module, if/when engaged will lower your Macan by whatever amount you've set it to in the module. So, when engaged,
if the Macan ride height button is set to Normal the engaged Normal will be Xmm lower. The Low setting will also be that
same Xmm lower - with whatever you've configured the module to be - -10mm, -20mm, etc.

With the lowering module DISengaged, the Macan's ride height button will behave as it did if/when there is/was no module present.
It will be at factory defined/programmed ride heights.

Better?

Wakatta?
Thank you for clarifying that! That was my concern....if the functions of the Macan's Low & Off road buttons were rendered useless and any quick adjustments (normal/low/off roading) had to be made through the app (Cete) or module.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thank you for clarifying that! That was my concern....if the functions of the Macan's Low & Off road buttons were rendered useless and any quick adjustments (normal/low/off roading) had to be made through the app (Cete) or module.
I would point out, at least with the Cete module, you have the ability to program the off-road height separately, and similarly for the Sport and Sport + buttons.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there,

i am looking at a used H & R lowering module, and i was wondering if it has the 'on / off' switch ??
similar to the cargraphic?

i cannot find any information on the web about this. the used for sale post pictures don't seem to have this switch, and the online retailers stock pics don't show a switch either.

i would prefer to have a switch, but i want to ensure i'm buying the right thing since its used.

thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi there,

i am looking at a used H & R lowering module, and i was wondering if it has the 'on / off' switch ??

i cannot find any information on the web about this. the used for sale post pictures don't seem to have this switch, and the online retailers stock pics don't show a switch either.

i would prefer to have a switch, but i want to ensure i'm buying the right thing since its used.

thanks!
I'm not sure, but why don't you ask the seller. He/she should know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sure, but why don't you ask the seller. He/she should know.
He doesn’t know. Dealer installed and removed it and it’s posted for sale. Pics don’t show a switch, but I just want to know if the original h&r module had a switch to begin with and I can’t find that anywhere online ..

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi there,

thanks!
I am under the impression the H&R and Cargraphic are identical. I assume that means that someone else is manufacturing it for them, and they are slapping their brand name on it.

I believe that probably explains why when people have had difficulty with these, they have had trouble getting support from H&R and Cargraphic. They don’t seem to be knowledgeable about the product.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi folks,

i've recently purchased a used macan and joined the community. after spending the past month reading through 5 years of interested posts, i managed to get my hands on an H&R Module.

This module doesn't come wired with an on / off switch.
I have no electrical experience - and was wondering if i can just wire one myself? Also notice that this H&R plug is the exact same as the picture from the email instructions from cargraphic that was posted earlier in this thread... down to the same color wires and missing 1 & 3 pins.

thanks in advance for any instruction / direction to wire my own On/Off switch!

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
149 Posts
I'm looking at the Cete as my next upgrade. I hope for improved handling and a more appealing lower stance. Few questions please:

1) If you lower the Macan 25mm (for example) compared to the factory low setting, does the Macan handle better? How noticable?

2) A few people have implied the ride gets poorer. How noticable? Do you often hit the bump stop?

3) How much lower can the Macan go safely without risking damage to the airbags and safety of the vehicle? I'm not looking for a ground hugger,

FYI: The dealer I'm looking to buy from claims this is mostly a cosmetic upgrade. He recommends no more than a 20-25mm (1 inch) drop from the low setting, he claims our crappy Toronto roads could allow the airbag to travel beyond it's design limits.

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
This 2015 post by Macanuck answered most of my questions: Cargraphic lowering module installed. Wow, wow, wow !

Like to get some additional up-to-date feedback.
Most folks have found that around 40mm below A/S low is the sweet spot for improved handling, decent comfort, and improved looks. If you have a GTS, subtract 10mm and shoot for 30mm below A/S low.

I've been running 35mm below A/S low on our Turbo for 75,000 miles without issue.

It would be nice if you got an alignment at the lowered setting. It's just the toe that will need adjustment. Ideally you would also have your control arm bushings loosened and re-tightened at the lower setting. But, many folks have done neither, and haven't reported any subsequent issues.

Go for it. (y)

Reactions: FAST

·
Registered
20 Posts
Most folks have found that around 40mm below A/S low is the sweet spot for improved handling, decent comfort, and improved looks. If you have a GTS, subtract 10mm and shoot for 30mm below A/S low.

I've been running 35mm below A/S low on our Turbo for 75,000 miles without issue.

It would be nice if you got an alignment at the lowered setting. It's just the toe that will need adjustment. Ideally you would also have your control arm bushings loosened and re-tightened at the lower setting. But, many folks have done neither, and haven't reported any subsequent issues.

Go for it. (y)
Did u disable the auto raise?

wow 75K miles... glad to hear this! and thanks for still replying and answering our questions. i spent a week reading through the WOW thread... you guys have been at it for 5 years +.. kudos for still helping us newbies!

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Did u disable the auto raise?.....
I did disable the auto rise. On the early versions of the Cargraphic lowering module, it was clipping two wires. I gather that on later versions, the wiring changed, and it was about that time that folks had a hard time getting good information out of the Cargraphics team.

Reactions: nsx88

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

Go for it. (y)
I had mine at -40mm below AS normal (not low) for a while and thought it was too aggressive from a ride comfort point of view. (That may have something to do with my 21 inch wheels which tend have a stiffer ride than 20's).

Ended up settling at -20mm below AS normal with comfort PASM for local everyday driving, and then I press the lowering button to go down 10mm more for more aggressive driving and smooth interstates, and when I press the lowering button I'll also often change PASM to Sport, and sometimes even Sport Plus.

The beauty of the lowering modules is the ability to custom tune to suit your preference/ mood/ road conditions, especially the Cete where it can be done on the fly.

SoCalS5, tell me more about loosening and re-tightening control arm bushings. I don't recall any discussion about that, must have missed that. What's the thinking on that?

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
149 Posts

Go for it. (y)
Thanks!

I indeed have a GTS, so I will take the 30mm and alignment advice.

Read through the wow, wow and several other Cete threads last night. Looks like meaningfully improved handling is a given as well as braking improvements. No-one seems to have suffered an air-suspension failure, shock issues or abnormal tire wear (other than those who regularly pushed the car's handling). Most people appear to go with a 35-45mm drop range.

Cete's web site and installation instructions are still largely in German. It was mentioned there was now a plug and play version, but it doesn't appear on their website that I can see.

Fortunately Toronto now has a Cete dealer/shop so I can let them deal with the repinning.

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
149 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
.....SoCalS5, tell me more about loosening and re-tightening control arm bushings.....
I'll refer to the post below in a thread on premature bushing failure. The Service Manual also confirms that final bushing tightening should be done at typical ride height, with the wheels and suspension carrying the car's weight.

But to be honest, I did not do this when I lowered my car. And, so far, I have not had any issue with the bushings. Still, it's a valid point.

Control Arm Bushing Replacement - Help Needed

·
Registered
20 Posts
When installing the module do I need to shut off anything?
Shut off AS? Pull a fuse? Does it have to be at regular height first?

the instructions made no mention of it..

21 - 38 of 38 Posts