Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wow, that is a massive turbo. Will the car be reliable at that HP? Will it need forged internals or a transmission upgrade?
It will last probably last close to stock in my kind of usage, since the engine will be much stronger than stock, at idle and normal driving, the engine will last much longer. The only increase in wear effect would be when driving hard. Here in daily traffic 90% of the time I'm not driving hard, only 10% is hard driving when on outside the city highway trips.
Even though 300 hp per liter is a lot, keeping max rpm stock, when the forged internals are rated higher and engine oil temp is kept on the low side, I think at the minimum it would last half as long as stock which is probably half of 200,000 miles.

If someone were to do 100% pure track or vmax mileage, stock ea888 (golf R) would probably last 40,000-50,000 miles and the 600 hp build would last 20,000-25,000 miles. A 9k revving 991 GT3 engine would probably have similar wear life but that's because that's a NA race engine on a roadcar, a 600 hp 2.0 tfsi is also considered a race engine.

Forged piston and rods, pins and bearing also the valve train upgrades. Forged head and main stud bolts. 5w50 mobil 1 and an oil cooler addition is a must have to keep engine oil temperatures below 100c. Spark plugs and ignition coils. Fuel injectors and high pressure fuel pump upgrade (the base low pressure fuel pump remains stock as it is the same as the 3.6L)
It won't need a new crankshaft and camshaft since stocks are already forged steel, a fluidampr pulley will reduce the increased vibrations in that area.
A 600 hp turbo will generally have around 700+nm on the 2.0 TSI, probably could reach 800nm with a turbo heatshield, blanket but I wouldn't have that since higher heat can wear the turbo's bearings. So the DL501 clutch pack upgrade is still needed at 700nm unless torque is tuned down. The driveshaft is strong enough since the 3.6L and turbo macans use the same part as the 2.0 2017+.

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
It will last probably last close to stock in my kind of usage, since the engine will be much stronger than stock, at idle and normal driving, the engine will last much longer. The only increase in wear effect would be when driving hard. Here in daily traffic 90% of the time I'm not driving hard, only 10% is hard driving when on outside the city highway trips.
Even though 300 hp per liter is a lot, keeping max rpm stock, when the forged internals are rated higher and engine oil temp is kept on the low side, I think at the minimum it would last half as long as stock which is probably half of 200,000 miles.

If someone were to do 100% pure track or vmax mileage, stock ea888 (golf R) would probably last 40,000-50,000 miles and the 600 hp build would last 20,000-25,000 miles. A 9k revving 991 GT3 engine would probably have similar wear life but that's because that's a NA race engine on a roadcar, a 600 hp 2.0 tfsi is also considered a race engine.

Forged piston and rods, pins and bearing also the valve train upgrades. Forged head and main stud bolts. 5w50 mobil 1 and an oil cooler addition is a must have to keep engine oil temperatures below 100c. Spark plugs and ignition coils. Fuel injectors and high pressure fuel pump upgrade (the base low pressure fuel pump remains stock as it is the same as the 3.6L)
It won't need a new crankshaft and camshaft since stocks are already forged steel, a fluidampr pulley will reduce the increased vibrations in that area.
A 600 hp turbo will generally have around 700+nm on the 2.0 TSI, probably could reach 800nm with a turbo heatshield, blanket but I wouldn't have that since higher heat can wear the turbo's bearings. So the DL501 clutch pack upgrade is still needed at 700nm unless torque is tuned down. The driveshaft is strong enough since the 3.6L and turbo macans use the same part as the 2.0 2017+.
Why not just go purchase an already working car instead that provides this performance?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not just go purchase an already working car instead that provides this performance?
The higher models 2.9L can definitely reach 600 hp but it would still need TTE640 turbocharger, oil cooling upgrade, forged piston and forged connecting rods. That's simpler and would be longer lasting but it would still require modifications. But it's mainly the costs, upgrading the current car is a lot cheaper than switching to a 2.9L and also upgrading it.

The only porsche suv that comes from the factory with this performace is the cayenne turbo GT, at 630 hp but over 1065 lbs heavier, 3902 lbs vs 4967 lbs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is this just an adventure? It will be a good one! But is there a goal in mind? I get the impression that this is going to be a daily driver? If that is correct I would be more concerned about the drivetrain, brakes and chassis set up.
The lightest of how the 2.0 drives with the power level stated would be awesome. Beware the transmission and the transfer case. It may be a ob5 dl501 that can mechanically handle the power but the Porsche software possibily not met what you need. I would definitely put a divorced transmission cooler on it and use different fluids than the Oem brand.
Following with great interest

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Is this just an adventure? It will be a good one! But is there a goal in mind? I get the impression that this is going to be a daily driver? If that is correct I would be more concerned about the drivetrain, brakes and chassis set up.
The lightest of how the 2.0 drives with the power level stated would be awesome. Beware the transmission and the transfer case. It may be a ob5 dl501 that can mechanically handle the power but the Porsche software possibily not met what you need. I would definitely put a divorced transmission cooler on it and use different fluids than the Oem brand.
Following with great interest
I got AP racing 8520's 6 pot on order, only fronts for now though with 410mm discs.
Piston area is about 62.5cm² it's about the largest piston street front caliper in the brembo and AP line up. The only street caliper stronger is Akebono's 10 pot caliper, which has a piston area just under 90cm². Urus and Cayenne turbo GT uses that but they need it at 5k lbs. For suspension Im considering blistein, but that's really for track use.

The dl501 has been unlocked before to 700nm on a tuned 2.9 Macan turbo.
Dekaclutch offers race billet clutch packs to handle over 1000nm for the dl501.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good brake package! Ok no air suspension. That does give you more options. This chassis responds very favorability to lowering. There is some talk about some aftermarket sway bars that are made for the Audi q 5 that will work on ours. Performance wise it is the transitions that gI've it the most problems. You may want to consider a square wheel / tire set up. It is too bad that the front suspension doesn't have more adjustability.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blistein offers upgrade replacements for both air sus and coil over macans..
their top product b16 doesnt have air suspension, has damptronic function though.
While the b4 is a direct air suspension replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts