Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to Macan's and probably be my first Porsche purchase.

Originally wanted a Macan S but now the price difference doesn't seem that large to a Turbo. 2nd hand market seems to be about $60-$80k for a Macan S and $80-$95k for a Turbo.

Is there an extensive list of standard options on the Turbo that is an extra on the Macan S. From what i've seen

• Bose Stereo
    Comfort lighting package
    14/18Way seats
    Air Suspension
    Roof lining in alcantara
    Full leather
Just trying to justify getting the Turbo over the Macan S (apart from the bigger engine, brakes, kit etc..)

Also with the Porsche warranty does it matter if you use a 3rd party service place rather than a Porsche center?

Thanks in advance!

Porsche website has taken down the car configurator for the old Macan so a bit harder to check

·
Registered
893 Posts
The GTS is more dressed up. More bells and whistles in the form of custom stitching and leather covered stuff. For me, I like performance more than pretty... So for me, I chose the Turbo.

You will find a lot of discussion regarding springs vs. air suspension (AS). I chose the AS. For seating, again more discussions. My body needed the 18-way seats for adjustability. IMO, I can make an 18-way fit like a 14-way but not the other way around.

I bought mine new. I had three qualifiers: AS, 18 way seats and no trailer hitch. It just happened to come with the PSE, AS, CF trim, 18-way seats and NO trailer hitch. And it's red! The hitch was a differentiator for me. It detracts from the looks and I would never consider towing something with my Porsche.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Melbourne. Have been to the Doncaster Porsche Centre to check out the cars but only had all diesel models.

Looking to go to the Brighton/City one pending on time and stock.

I have pretty much memorised the Carsales Macan Turbo stock in Aus and Macan S Vic stock lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am in Melbourne. Have been to the Doncaster Porsche Centre to check out the cars but only had all diesel models.

Looking to go to the Brighton/City one pending on time and stock.

I have pretty much memorised the Carsales Macan Turbo stock in Aus and Macan S Vic stock lol

The turbo does have air suspension and bose as well as upgraded leather so going to full leather is much cheaper. Also pdls is included so going to pdls+ is cheaper too. You will notice how GTS cars are almost on par for price as the new turbo has come out, which makes a second hand turbo a really good deal.

A few turbo PP's around but they really are a premium, about $150K plus still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts