Porsche Macan Forum banner

Looking to buy a Macan

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Hi-Toro 
#1 ·
Hi All,

New to Macan's and probably be my first Porsche purchase.

Originally wanted a Macan S but now the price difference doesn't seem that large to a Turbo. 2nd hand market seems to be about $60-$80k for a Macan S and $80-$95k for a Turbo.

Is there an extensive list of standard options on the Turbo that is an extra on the Macan S. From what i've seen

• Bose Stereo
    Comfort lighting package
    14/18Way seats
    Air Suspension
    Roof lining in alcantara
    Full leather

Just trying to justify getting the Turbo over the Macan S (apart from the bigger engine, brakes, kit etc..)

Also with the Porsche warranty does it matter if you use a 3rd party service place rather than a Porsche center?

Thanks in advance!

Porsche website has taken down the car configurator for the old Macan so a bit harder to check

See less See more
#2 ·
The GTS is more dressed up. More bells and whistles in the form of custom stitching and leather covered stuff. For me, I like performance more than pretty... So for me, I chose the Turbo.

You will find a lot of discussion regarding springs vs. air suspension (AS). I chose the AS. For seating, again more discussions. My body needed the 18-way seats for adjustability. IMO, I can make an 18-way fit like a 14-way but not the other way around.

I bought mine new. I had three qualifiers: AS, 18 way seats and no trailer hitch. It just happened to come with the PSE, AS, CF trim, 18-way seats and NO trailer hitch. And it's red! The hitch was a differentiator for me. It detracts from the looks and I would never consider towing something with my Porsche.

#4 ·
I am in Melbourne. Have been to the Doncaster Porsche Centre to check out the cars but only had all diesel models.

Looking to go to the Brighton/City one pending on time and stock.

I have pretty much memorised the Carsales Macan Turbo stock in Aus and Macan S Vic stock lol

#5 ·
The turbo does have air suspension and bose as well as upgraded leather so going to full leather is much cheaper. Also pdls is included so going to pdls+ is cheaper too. You will notice how GTS cars are almost on par for price as the new turbo has come out, which makes a second hand turbo a really good deal.

A few turbo PP's around but they really are a premium, about $150K plus still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.