Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2019 2.0
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Can someone with a base Macan that has done the Pedal Commander install give some feedback on if it was worth it?
I have looked at lots of threads on the subject, but the majority of folks commenting have an S or better, so I can't really find good information.
I love my Macan in sport mode, but would like to have something between the slow reacting standard mode and sport.
Thanks!
Here is an obligatory Macan pic, cause why not!
Car Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

· Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
1,139 Posts
I don't have a base or a 2.0, but you can definitely use it to get something that feels between comfort and sport and sounds like exactly what you are looking for. Given the price and that it's just a few minutes to install, you can get one and if you don't like it send it back within 30 days, though I haven't heard of anyone returning it.

· Registered
2022 Macan
841 Posts
I immediately noticed the the terrible pedal response when I got my Base Macan. My Acura RDX, also with a 2.0 engine, felt much quicker. Pedal Commander made a massive difference to me, and I highly recommend it if you are disappointed with the factory pedal response.

Reactions: Toytruckmike

· Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
708 Posts
What is the purpose of porsche softening the feel of the pedal / delaying the response - are they trying to save fule, make it easier to drive, or safety ?
From my experience Comfort Mode is to not annoy or make your passengers sick. As soon as I put it into Sport the lag is gone but then your passengers can feel your throttle on and throttle off every time unless you are super careful, there is no delay.

· Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2020 Macan 2.0 with JB1 and Pedal Commander. The Pedal Commander is great and makes a dramatic difference. With all the different settings you should be able to find one that works for you. For me the City setting is perfect with the JB1.

· Registered
69 Posts
Here is a plot I stole from a Google search (look at it as pedal position (x) vs. throttle movement y) ):
Slope Rectangle Plot Triangle Line

The lower black line represents something like Comfort Mode, while the dashed is Sport Mode, and the red as Sport Plus (not sure if they change the mapping between Sport and Sport+). In Comfort, it takes more movement at the beginning of the travel to get an equivalent amount of throttle in Sport. However, they all end up at the same place with 100% pedal travel.

What these devices do is play with those curves.

· Registered
16 Posts
So if I have sports and sports plus in my sport edition, is the Pedal commander still worth it?
That depends on what you are looking for. The Pedal Commander only changes the throttle response. The other modes, sport and sport+ I am guessing change other things like shift points, steering, awd system and suspension as well as throttle response depending on options on your car. If you want to just change the throttle response and not have any of the other changes the pedal commander may be worth buying.

· Registered
281 Posts
That depends on what you are looking for. The Pedal Commander only changes the throttle response. The other modes, sport and sport+ I am guessing change other things like shift points, steering, awd system and suspension as well as throttle response depending on options on your car. If you want to just change the throttle response and not have any of the other changes the pedal commander may be worth buying.
so the pedal commander, only changes throttle? no change in shift points? i find comfort mode too quickly shifts all the way to 7th gear and then feels lazy. sounds like PC wont help me in this situation?

· Registered
2022 Macan
841 Posts
so the pedal commander, only changes throttle? no change in shift points? i find comfort mode too quickly shifts all the way to 7th gear and then feels lazy. sounds like PC wont help me in this situation?
No, the only thing it changes is the throttle response, see What Does Pedal Commander Do

1 - 17 of 17 Posts