Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Macan Turbo w/Sport Chrono Package
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help with suggestions on where to hunt down some replacement black window trim, and black badging to replace the chrome "PORSCHE MACAN TURBO" emblem on the rear gate of our 2016 Macan Turbo? I'd like to get the same black window molding, badging, and PSE exhaust tips they use on the GTS Macans.

Also looking for a front splitter piece to add to ours, like the one circled in yellow in the blue Macan photo.

And while I'm at it does anyone make an aftermarket headlight to replace the older style with the newer looking ones? I'm really digging the 4 slits over the older 4 dots look...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan Turbo - Sapphire Blue
209 Posts
Window trip find a reputable tint or vinyl wrap shop. If you are confident in your skills but some wrap and DIY.

@Teddis has Black tips from a sport exhaust for sale.

Badging you get get from suncoast, amazon, Ali express, ebay, etc.

That lip will not work on Gen 1 Turbos. I havent seen any aftermarket options for the turbo. (Unless you want to do the full techart body kit).

Headlights @RADHAUS may be able to source some for you or buy new from dealer or suncoast, etc

Wheel gap: if Air you can lower via piwis, install lowering links or purchase a lowering module like CETE or carpgrahics. My car is lowered 40mm via PIWIS

·
Vendor
498 Posts
Thanks @Kapetajr

I can definitely assist with headlights. I’m putting another PDLS+ LED Headlight kit together. Should be available in about 2 weeks :)

@Teddis has a mint set of tips. Very well respected member of the community

I second the vinyl wrap. If done correctly, it’a nearly indistinguishable compared to OE black trim.

Badges, I’d personally opt for the plastidip method. Now, I generally am not a fan of plastidip, but I have done it on my own turbo, and it’s holding up incredibly well after two years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Window trip find a reputable tint or vinyl wrap shop. If you are confident in your skills but some wrap and DIY.

@Teddis has Black tips from a sport exhaust for sale.

Badging you get get from suncoast, amazon, Ali express, ebay, etc.

That lip will not work on Gen 1 Turbos. I havent seen any aftermarket options for the turbo. (Unless you want to do the full techart body kit).

Headlights @RADHAUS may be able to source some for you or buy new from dealer or suncoast, etc

Wheel gap: if Air you can lower via piwis, install lowering links or purchase a lowering module like CETE or carpgrahics. My car is lowered 40mm via PIWIS
Thanks a ton, never would have thought of this in a million years lol!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks @Kapetajr

I can definitely assist with headlights. I’m putting another PDLS+ LED Headlight kit together. Should be available in about 2 weeks :)

I second the vinyl wrap. If done correctly, it’a nearly indistinguishable compared to OE black trim.

Badges, I’d personally opt for the plastidip method. Now, I generally am not a fan of plastidip, but I have done it on my own turbo, and it’s holding up incredibly well after two years.
Please don't hesitate to reach out or send a link once they're done....thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks @Kapetajr

Btw, I am far from a DYI kind of guy. Can you share how to remove them to be able to do that?

Are they just stuck on with adhesive or are they popped in? If it's adhesive then I'm assuming I will need some sort of heat gun or hair dryer at minimum.

Next up would be the plastic dip. Are you talking about just grabbing a rattle can of some type of plastic dip and spraying it? That little bit of badging can't possibly cause that much right?? Well, it is a Porsche, so....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, let me know if I can help.
Thank you sir...will def let you know.

I have the 21 in 911 Turbo wheels, and was thinking of getting them powder coated, or ceramic coated. If that is the route I go, I'd probably just have them do my current exhaust tips at the same time just to save a little $$.

Can you send a picture of what it is that you are selling? Sorry for being naive, but I'm not sure if the muffler comes with or if the tips can be removed individually, so I really don't know what you're selling for $600...figured it'd be worth it just to ask; hope it's not a bother.

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan Turbo - Sapphire Blue
209 Posts
Btw, I am far from a DYI kind of guy. Can you share how to remove them to be able to do that?

Are they just stuck on with adhesive or are they popped in? If it's adhesive then I'm assuming I will need some sort of heat gun or hair dryer at minimum.

Next up would be the plastic dip. Are you talking about just grabbing a rattle can of some type of plastic dip and spraying it? That little bit of badging can't possibly cause that much right?? Well, it is a Porsche, so....

No affiliation but watch this video

Yes hair dryer or heat gun is required for the vinyl wrap. No need to remove the trim. Just go slow and becareful.

Plastidip here :

1 - 11 of 11 Posts