Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I am posting in the right section, but I just wanted to let anyone looking for a highly optioned 2023 Macan S that my Gentian Blue with 321 miles was just picked up yesterday and is being taken back to the Porsche dealer in Cleveland. It just wasn't the right model for me. I have a GTS on order now.

I have no idea what they will sell it for, but I had an installer PPF the front, door handles, rockers, rear bumper and entire wheels $2,700. I also prepaid maintenance and $1,500 for dent protection. My loss should be a free bonus for the new buyer.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice ride. How did it compare to your M40i?
Hesitate to say, as last time I did, I got blasted. Which I totally expected because of posting on a Macan forum. But, here goes. I like the M40i mostly more than the S, and it was $10,000 less. I love all the techie touches inside the BMW, the HUD is awesome. The acceleration is better. The seats are nice, but they are stiff. That is something they should really change. Every time I drove my '17 GTS with the 14-way seats my butt/leg hurt after an hour of driving. I drove the M40i four hours yesterday, and no pain. Hoping the 18-way seats on the GTS will not hurt like the 14-ways did.

While I really like the M40i, I have ordered a Macan GTS to replace my 2017 GTS, so that must say something. My comparison of the two is that the M40i is a sporty SUV, the GTS is more like a sports car. And, its a PORSCHE!

My last struggle is what exterior color to get. Right now I have Jet Black Metallic, but thinking about standard Black because of its deep black. But, I swore after having three BMW's with Jet Black that I would never do that again. I really like the Gentian Blue until I drove it in the garage next to the M40i in Tanzanite Blue.

Reactions: Rogue One

· Registered
644 Posts
Hesitate to say, as last time I did, I got blasted. Which I totally expected because of posting on a Macan forum. But, here goes. I like the M40i mostly more than the S, and it was $10,000 less. I love all the techie touches inside the BMW, the HUD is awesome. The acceleration is better. The seats are nice, but they are stiff. That is something they should really change. Every time I drove my '17 GTS with the 14-way seats my butt/leg hurt after an hour of driving. I drove the M40i four hours yesterday, and no pain. Hoping the 18-way seats on the GTS will not hurt like the 14-ways did.

While I really like the M40i, I have ordered a Macan GTS to replace my 2017 GTS, so that must say something. My comparison of the two is that the M40i is a sporty SUV, the GTS is more like a sports car. And, its a PORSCHE!

My last struggle is what exterior color to get. Right now I have Jet Black Metallic, but thinking about standard Black because of its deep black. But, I swore after having three BMW's with Jet Black that I would never do that again. I really like the Gentian Blue until I drove it in the garage next to the M40i in Tanzanite Blue.
not sure what you are expecting the GTS is not going to be the silver bullet you are looking for. A 2023 gts and 2023 s are not a night and day difference you’re in a Porsche forum I feel that people tend to over play the difference here. You may just be a BMW guy not a Porsche guy it happens nothing wrong with that.

· Registered
14,863 Posts
not sure what you are expecting the GTS is not going to be the silver bullet you are looking for. A 2023 gts and 2023 s are not a night and day difference you’re in a Porsche forum I feel that people tend to over play the difference here. You may just be a BMW guy not a Porsche guy it happens nothing wrong with that.
I think there’s a tremendous difference in each variant of each model of every Porsche. Although they are related, they are not identical ever.

· Registered
644 Posts
I think there’s a tremendous difference in each variant of each model of every Porsche. Although they are related, they are not identical ever.
I agree in the 911 and Cayman range but the Macan? I don’t think the Macan S 2023 and the Macan GTS 2023 are night and day.

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope it's not a silver bullet, silver is my least favorite color. I understand there is not a perfect vehicle for everyone, but I am pretty sure after owning a GTS, that the GTS model is for me. Your Macan is beautiful and I am glad you are very happy with it. I believe I am both a BMW and a Porsche gal, after owning BMWs for years, my Brother turned me on to Porsche. I love my little Boxster, but oh how I yearn for a 911 cab, but a newer one is not in my price range.

· Registered
76 Posts
I recently purchased a 2023 Macan S and 2023 X3 40i and enjoy both cars. The Macan as spec’s cost 20K more at and in my opinion is worth the extra cost for the driving experience. The X3 does have a bit more utility and is a very sport oriented SUV, I just prefer the sport/luxury combo of the Macan. A luxury hot hatch vs a sport SUV so not really that comparable.

Attachments

· Registered
14,863 Posts
I hope it's not a silver bullet, silver is my least favorite color. I understand there is not a perfect vehicle for everyone, but I am pretty sure after owning a GTS, that the GTS model is for me. Your Macan is beautiful and I am glad you are very happy with it. I believe I am both a BMW and a Porsche gal, after owning BMWs for years, my Brother turned me on to Porsche. I love my little Boxster, but oh how I yearn for a 911 cab, but a newer one is not in my price range.
I know you want a Cab but significantly cheaper and quite impressive is the new Carrera T . For starters Porsche reduced the weight , deleted rear sets (one can add them at not cost), placed lightweight glass , and took the sound deadening out. They also added limited slip diff , a short shift Manual or PDK ..( manual is not available on a base 911) , and offered rear axle steering (not available on base 911) . PASM is standard. This is a serious little car . I did put a few options and its not far off from a Macan GTS. The Porsche Code

· Registered
31 Posts
To each his own.
I unloaded my 22 x3M40i after just 293 miles to get back into a Macan S. I was a loyal BMW enthusiast, have officially converted to Porsche. Personally, learned that I value ride quality/dynamics and overall refinement over a few extra HP and the latest tech.

ding ding ding !

· Registered
644 Posts
I have had BMW’s as loaners and rentals before and they just did nothing for me the latest was a 540i which I thought was too big and I hated the nav setup. I know tons of people who love BMW’s I am sure they are great cars but just not for me. I have been driving a Porsche for 16 years and find it difficult to drive something else. I am so used to having the ignition on the left lol.

Reactions: John2716

· Registered
164 Posts
I agree in the 911 and Cayman range but the Macan? I don’t think the Macan S 2023 and the Macan GTS 2023 are night and day.
Have you actually driven a 2023 S and a 2023 GTS back to back, not just watched a few Youtube videos ? I have driven both cars, on identical road trips and in my opinion the GTS is a far superior machine to the S. That's exactly why I bought my GTS...it might have cost a lot more than a visually similar S but I think it's worth every penny. 😊

· Registered
644 Posts
Have you actually driven a 2023 S and a 2023 GTS back to back, not just watched a few Youtube videos ? I have driven both cars, on identical road trips and in my opinion the GTS is a far superior machine to the S. That's exactly why I bought my GTS...it might have cost a lot more than a visually similar S but I think it's worth every penny. 😊
Sure have

· Registered
63 Posts
Loved my M40i, which I owned prior to my Macan S with PASM. No longer have either but the M40i ticked all of the boxes. Awesome engine note, ridiculous acceleration, fuel efficient, better tech, better cabin (I like airy cabins for SUVs), quieter at speed (less wind and glass smooth inline 6), far more cargo and people space. Lower cost and much lower running/maintenance costs were just the cherry on top. Loved how the Macan could travel confidently at very high speed, loved the exterior design, but that was honestly it for me. Strongly disliked some of the annoying noises (high frequency turbo/intake screeching - whatever people are still complaining about in new models, brake squeal). For me M40i is the category king.

· Registered
71 Posts
I know you want a Cab but significantly cheaper and quite impressive is the new Carrera T . For starters Porsche reduced the weight , deleted rear sets (one can add them at not cost), placed lightweight glass , and took the sound deadening out. They also added limited slip diff , a short shift Manual or PDK ..( manual is not available on a base 911) , and offered rear axle steering (not available on base 911) . PASM is standard. This is a serious little car . I did put a few options and its not far off from a Macan GTS. The Porsche Code

Not sure if you posted the full specs. I have driven both, preferred the GTS in general (but not for cost), IMO air suspension makes a notable difference (which I added on to my S order).

· Registered
14,863 Posts
Not sure if you posted the full specs. I have driven both, preferred the GTS in general (but not for cost), IMO air suspension makes a notable difference (which I added on to my S order).
This is a very common point made in every model Porsche makes. For some reason the S owners believe that if they tweak their car with various components and modify it, and they somehow will end up with a GTS they never consider the fact that a GTS can also be modified and tweaked.

So I’m going to talk about stock to stock. The ride height and throttle map of the GTS is different than the S . In fact, the current S despite having the same engine as the 2021, GTS does not have the same throttle map and ride height as that outgoing car it is not identical to the former GTS

This battle has been ongoing for years with the Macan. All of the cars have changed one thing hasn’t. In the first generation, the battle became so heated that somebody went out and really broke down the differences piece by piece the thread still stands as a sticky. THIS is what makes the GTS different...

· Registered
305 Posts
Not sure if I am posting in the right section, but I just wanted to let anyone looking for a highly optioned 2023 Macan S that my Gentian Blue with 321 miles was just picked up yesterday and is being taken back to the Porsche dealer in Cleveland. It just wasn't the right model for me. I have a GTS on order now.

I have no idea what they will sell it for, but I had an installer PPF the front, door handles, rockers, rear bumper and entire wheels $2,700. I also prepaid maintenance and $1,500 for dent protection. My loss should be a free bonus for the new buyer.

View attachment 262894
Just curious if you mind disclosing what you were able to trade it back in for? I tried doing the same thing 4 months ago and I was taking a 20k hit for 1500 miles on odo.

· Registered
644 Posts
This is a very common point made in every model Porsche makes. For some reason the S owners believe that if they tweak their car with various components and modify it, and they somehow will end up with a GTS they never consider the fact that a GTS can also be modified and tweaked.

So I’m going to talk about stock to stock. The ride height and throttle map of the GTS is different than the S . In fact, the current S despite having the same engine as the 2021, GTS does not have the same throttle map and ride height as that outgoing car it is not identical to the former GTS

This battle has been ongoing for years with the Macan. All of the cars have changed one thing hasn’t. In the first generation, the battle became so heated that somebody went out and really broke down the differences piece by piece the thread still stands as a sticky. THIS is what makes the GTS different...
I get what you are saying about the differences but to be honest I am never going to take a Macan to the track and I drive the car everyday to drive my kid to and from school and on the weekends grocery shopping. Most of my driving is local stop and go traffic, it is not like I am racing from red light to red light. I am never going to push car hard enough to see the differences. My wife says I am 50 going on 75, I take everything slow. The most exciting thing I do is goto the gym everyday and workout like 20 year old.

· Registered
76 Posts

That's a fairly obnoxious thing to say about “S” owners and no one prompted you. Have you driven a 2023 GTS and and a "S" of course you have... So have I and the difference isn't 20-30K.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 93 Posts