Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out today that our 2021 GTS is locked (not yet loaded!)! Build date expected around September 25, and expected delivery late November / early December.

It’ll be easier than 2016 as we have the 2017 GTS to drive until then. At least I hope so!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Found out today that our 2021 GTS is locked (not yet loaded!)! Build date expected around September 25, and expected delivery late November / early December.
It sure is nice to have certainty but the time between it's build and finally delivered (2 to 2 1/2 months) seems long. Or is this typical?

·
Registered
603 Posts
It sure is nice to have certainty but the time between it's build and finally delivered (2 to 2 1/2 months) seems long. Or is this typical?
Two months seems right based on what I have read on here. After 'build' it has to get to the port, wait for a ship, travel across the Atlantic (for those of us in NoAm), get unloaded at the port (in my case Rhode Island), transport to the dealership and then get prepped.

Reactions: Canuck

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dates from Porsche are usually conservative, so I’m hopeful it is sooner than later. If I remember 2016, the longest wait was from arrival at port (Halifax) to arrival at the dealership (about 4000 km).

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
That’s great that your GTS is locked and you have a September build date. I think it is the waiting that is the hardest, but there will be a very fabulous prize at the end of the long wait. Can’t wait to see pictures once you finally get your hands on her.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@MDJAK and @Jellybean, Porsche code is PMYMN4E7. The pictures there will have get me by for the next 3 months!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RJE, I see your ordered 21" wheels, which will come with summer tires which could get dicey in the the Great White North! Any plans to get a separate set of wheels & winter tires?
I’ll be using the 18’s with winters I use on our 2017 GTS (it came with summers on 21’s too). Another week or two and I’ll have to do the fall changeover.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I’ll be using the 18’s with winters I use on our 2017 GTS (it came with summers on 21’s too). Another week or two and I’ll have to do the fall changeover.
Short summers up there, eh? Down here in Minneapolis/St. Paul area I've always waited until the first significant snow is forecast (usually mid-November to early December). Then again I've never had pure summer tires to change out of.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Short summers up there, eh? Down here in Minneapolis/St. Paul area I've always waited until the first significant snow is forecast (usually mid-November to early December). Then again I've never had pure summer tires to change out of.
Short summers indeed, but not too much shorter than Minnesota, at least in my neck of the woods. My understanding is pure summers don’t work too well below 5C (40F), so I change ‘em mid to late September when the nights get consistently cool around here.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, 2010 Cayman S
19 Posts
The dates from Porsche are usually conservative, so I’m hopeful it is sooner than later. If I remember 2016, the longest wait was from arrival at port (Halifax) to arrival at the dealership (about 4000 km).
My order was locked in July 18th in Edmonton. I haven't heard anything about delivery date other than the very approximate date offered by the SA when I ordered the car. Assuming most German manufacturing shuts down for August, as in the rest of Europe, I assume a Sept. build and a Nov. delivery. Might be on the same truck/train as yours.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our 2021 GTS started its journey through the factory today. Yay!

·
Registered
40 Posts
@RJE Mine should be right around yours as was set to be in factory 9/25....but then shipping process is forever for me, not expected at dealer until 12/4. Argh.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished production last Thursday (Sept 29). Hopefully it can make it to port for the Oct 5/6 sailing to Halifax (not the way my luck works, though).

Reactions: TripleL

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heard some disappointing news today. Our GTS sat at the factory compound for two weeks before heading to port this week. Expected to be out of factory and to port same day. It should on next ship bound for Halifax.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
OK this seems so weird! Your car was finished on the 29th and sat at the factory. My car started on Oct 2nd and is already on a ship ahead of schedule according to the paperwork that my dealer initially sent me. But my ship is heading to Baltimore first. I’m sorry that you all are having to wait even longer.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK this seems so weird! Your car was finished on the 29th and sat at the factory. My car started on Oct 2nd and is already on a ship ahead of schedule according to the paperwork that my dealer initially sent me. But my ship is heading to Baltimore first. I’m sorry that you all are having to wait even longer.
Obvious conclusion: you took my spot!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Following the Swift Ace as I am hoping this is the ship our GTS is on. A bit worried as the ship went south, passing Portugal, but it looks like it has finally started heading west off the coast of Morocco. I’m guessing it will be late getting into Halifax.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts