Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
No, no skiing. Both places are beautiful . I would say you should gladly accept her proposal. It will make you both happy :)

:) It's version 2.0 of her proposal. Version 1.0, which she made a few weeks ago, was just Tuscany. I love Tuscany in the spring in fall, but I have never been in the heat of summer, or cold of winter, so I wasn't too keen on the idea. Version 2.0 appeals to my winter interests. She's very clever ;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Do be carefull about Italian ski resorts over a New Year, simply because the snow can be a little sparse in coverage.

I have skiied all over the Alps and always found mid/late Jan onwards as the best time for reliable conditions unless going for a high level resort earlier.

Yes, that's my concern as well. I've only skied one season in Europe (back in the '80s). Tignes/Val d'Isere before Christmas was good, but a couple weeks later in Switzerland (Murren) at New Years it was terrible. We ended up doing more hiking than skiing. Also drove to Zermatt one day (where it they did have some OK snow at the top).

It's dicey everywhere at New Years though. I think the best odds are in the Canadian Rockies, but still a risk.

My wife is only suggesting the Italian Alps because she thinks can trick me into going to Italy for the holiday break. But I'm on to her! ;)

As she says though, even if conditions are terrible you're still in Italy, with great wine and food, it's not such a disaster! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.