Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in London this week for work and I am amazed with the number of Macans I saw on the streets here. This morning while walking to the office in Mayfair I saw not one, not two but SIX Macans parked on the street in a stretch of less than 2 blocks. Two things that called my attention: None of them had a model designation. Only one had red brake calipers so I assumed it was a Turbo. The others were either S or base model. Also, one of the six had the infamous big lip in the front bumper which actually didn't look that bad. Can't wait to get back home to drive mine again. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Red calipers could have been GTS

Reactions: Arnold_T

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hope you are enjoying my capital.

The Macans you see show how popular the Macan is in the UK, indeed there is a thriving Macan Owners Club forum where member meets are organized a few times a year.

The one you saw with the lip will be the Diesel engined variant which is by far the most popular variant here in the UK.

Myself I have owned a diesel or SD as we refer to them but now I have a Turbo complete with red calipers, not sure how the Turbo looks in the States but here a Turbo has the red calipers and square exhausts unless it has PSE when they are round.

It is also very common to have debadged cars which makes IDing the variant a real test for none Porsche folks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was touring through Ireland, Scotland and England over the Xmas/New Year break and was surprised at how FEW I saw actually!
I put it down to the long wait times you guys seem to have. I did see a plethora or Ferrari California's and Lamborghini Hurracan's in London though!

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Myself I have owned a diesel or SD as we refer to them but now I have a Turbo complete with red calipers, not sure how the Turbo looks in the States but here a Turbo has the red calipers and square exhausts unless it has PSE when they are round.
It's the same . I think the one difference is the clock . We get it even if the car lacks sport chrono .

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I just arrived from Milan Malpensa and on the way to city center, I have seen 3 volcano Macans . Two Base and one S . We pulled up to the hotel Principe Savoy and guess what the first two cars were? A Volcano Turbo and a Black S.

Yikes! They like Macans in Milan, and apparently Volcano is a thing here ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
636 Posts
It's the same . I think the one difference is the clock . We get it even if the car lacks sport chrono .
You get the Clock, but we get a free 1/2 day session at our PEC which is next to the Silverstone motor racing circuit. It is a fantastic chance to get to know just how good the Macan handling is for 2 tonne car.

Reactions: Louie Zoi

·
Registered
577 Posts
I just arrived from Milan Malpensa ...

planning on doing any skiing in the Italian Alps? I don't know much about ski resorts in Italy, but my wife is proposing Christmas in Tuscany and New Years in the Italian Alps.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just arrived from Milan Malpensa and on the way to city center, I have seen 3 volcano Macans . Two Base and one S . We pulled up to the hotel Principe Savoy and guess what the first two cars were? A Volcano Turbo and a Black S.

That is my favorite hotel in the world. I love Milan.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
planning on doing any skiing in the Italian Alps? I don't know much about ski resorts in Italy, but my wife is proposing Christmas in Tuscany and New Years in the Italian Alps.

No, no skiing. Both places are beautiful . I would say you should gladly accept her proposal. It will make you both happy :)

Reactions: RJMcInnis

·
Registered
636 Posts
Do be carefull about Italian ski resorts over a New Year, simply because the snow can be a little sparse in coverage.

I have skiied all over the Alps and always found mid/late Jan onwards as the best time for reliable conditions unless going for a high level resort earlier.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am in London this week for work and I am amazed with the number of Macans I saw on the streets here. This morning while walking to the office in Mayfair I saw not one, not two but SIX Macans parked on the street in a stretch of less than 2 blocks. Two things that called my attention: None of them had a model designation. Only one had red brake calipers so I assumed it was a Turbo. The others were either S or base model. Also, one of the six had the infamous big lip in the front bumper which actually didn't look that bad. Can't wait to get back home to drive mine again. :)

Why do you think we get 0% discount on these?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts

I live in Milan, here there are many Macan (especially diesel), mostly black and white.
My Turbo is rhodium silver.

·
Registered
577 Posts
No, no skiing. Both places are beautiful . I would say you should gladly accept her proposal. It will make you both happy :)

:) It's version 2.0 of her proposal. Version 1.0, which she made a few weeks ago, was just Tuscany. I love Tuscany in the spring in fall, but I have never been in the heat of summer, or cold of winter, so I wasn't too keen on the idea. Version 2.0 appeals to my winter interests. She's very clever ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Do be carefull about Italian ski resorts over a New Year, simply because the snow can be a little sparse in coverage.

I have skiied all over the Alps and always found mid/late Jan onwards as the best time for reliable conditions unless going for a high level resort earlier.

Yes, that's my concern as well. I've only skied one season in Europe (back in the '80s). Tignes/Val d'Isere before Christmas was good, but a couple weeks later in Switzerland (Murren) at New Years it was terrible. We ended up doing more hiking than skiing. Also drove to Zermatt one day (where it they did have some OK snow at the top).

It's dicey everywhere at New Years though. I think the best odds are in the Canadian Rockies, but still a risk.

My wife is only suggesting the Italian Alps because she thinks can trick me into going to Italy for the holiday break. But I'm on to her! ;)

As she says though, even if conditions are terrible you're still in Italy, with great wine and food, it's not such a disaster! :)

·
Registered
7,568 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I go to Milan quite often. Just curious which restaurants you like there. I often try to avoid the expensive tourist ones and go to where locals go.

Also home to some of my favorite restaurants in the world :) Lucky you.

Reactions: WHT TGR

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I go to Milan quite often. Just curious which restaurants you like there. I often try to avoid the expensive tourist ones and go to where locals go.
I like several but :

La Bricola is my favorite- for everything

Ristorante BBQ- for meats

Giacomo ( in Brera ) for old school, though the Duomo one, I like for the view

and, I used to like Bagutta for seafood but they just closed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts