Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
'23 GTS on order (Oct ETA)
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I haven't even got my allocation yet so no clue when my car will actually show up. My SA is still thinking this year though.

I'm coming from Audis and always bought OEM wheels for my winters, typically I buy upgrade wheels from other models and get them used off craigslist / fb /forums and then put fresh tires on.

Here's where my build is currently sitting, the MY23 price jump ate into my options list. I lost ptv+ and the GT design wheels which aren't available anyway. Still making changes daily though馃槄

Looks very similar to mine. I think the mirrors will look awesome with your silver and obviously love the interior choice lol.

I recieved Aug allocation with Oct delivery so still lots of time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The luxury tax for vehicles and aircraft priced over $100,000 is the lesser of (10% of the total price of the vehicle or the aircraft) and (20% of the total price above $100,000), so if your build will end up being 103k you'll pay only $500 extra, not ideal, but wouldn't stop me from getting my GTS with all the options I want.
You have some options you can consider removing like Porsche crest on central armrest and Power Steering Plus, and add instead Premium Plus Package and Surround View.
For example - PPVEGQH8
This is awesome feedback, I actually hadn't researched the $100k tax implications in depth because I wasn't that close when I had the '22 sales order.

I think you are on the right track about getting rid of power steering plus and crest and potentially going all out on the premium plus 18.

Going to start another build right now as I am headed to the dealership to drop off additional deposit and finalize build tomorrow.

Thanks for the insights!

Registered
2022 Macan Base Miami Blue
All seasons for Vancouver! They comply with the laws to travel on the highways. All you need is M+S on your tires which all seasons satisfy.

Registered
I bought a 21 GTS with premium package. I really wanted the 18's for the slight increase in price. Before I locked in I sat on some 18's and 14's. on the dealer floor. Went back and forth. Found the 14's to be much more comfortable. Your results may vary. I would get dedicated snow tires. Yes it's a hassle and the expense but if they keep you out of one accident they are well worth it plus it's less nerve racking driving in adverse conditions.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks to everyone who had chimed in. Tons of great feedback and suggestions.

Last question for the fellow Canadians, did you get Power Steering Plus? Thinking of skipping it as I prefer the heavier feel personally but am considered with 21" rims at low speeds.

Registered
Thanks to everyone who had chimed in. Tons of great feedback and suggestions.

Last question for the fellow Canadians, did you get Power Steering Plus? Thinking of skipping it as I prefer the heavier feel personally but am considered with 21" rims at low speeds.
I don't have it and never felt like I need it.
AFAIK, it's a software, so you can always go to a dealer to turn it on.

@joesjs, are you getting all your configured options as advertised or there are still supply chain issues and things will have to be retrofitted later by your dealer?

Registered
2020 Macan Turbo
I would add PTV since you ordered chrono

I had roof rails on my 2017, I did not opt for them on my 2022 GTS because they constantly discolored and were not worth the hassle of trying to keep them looking good.
I agree with the roof rails. If you don鈥榯 plan on using them leave them off. I have them on my current Macan but not on my new build. Looks better and makes it easier to clean the roof.

There鈥檚 lots of debate regarding PVT if you search for it. FWIW, I鈥榲e been trying to get some drift or oversteer on corners and it takes a lot. I personally don鈥榯 see need for it unless you鈥檙e going to the track. I also wanted to avoid the brake wear others have reported.

I prefer the heavier steering feel. My girlfriend doesn鈥檛. I鈥檇 save the expense and leave it off if you鈥檙e looking to save a bit.

Same with heated windshield. Current car has it and I haven鈥檛 built it into my new build as I never noticed much difference with it on or off. Having said that, I live in the Rockies which is much less humid than you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

@joesjs, are you getting all your configured options as advertised or there are still supply chain issues and things will have to be retrofitted later by your dealer?
Heading to the dealer today and will keep you posted on what they tell me.

Going to leave the Power Steering Plus off, prefer stiffer control.

LAST QUESTION: anyone regret paying for the Bose or happy they didn't get it?

I have read mixed reviews and am on the fence.

Registered
LAST QUESTION: anyone regret paying for the Bose or happy they didn't get it?
Get Bose as part of the Premium Plus package - it's a good deal. Or spend big and upgrade to Burmester.
If there's one thing I regret about my car almost 3 years after I took delivery it's not paying for Burmester and 100% will get it in my next Macan.

Registered
2020 Macan Turbo
Get Bose as part of the Premium Plus package - it's a good deal. Or spend big and upgrade to Burmester.
If there's one thing I regret about my car almost 3 years after I took delivery it's not paying for Burmester and 100% will get it in my next Macan.
Yup, Bose is a bit disappointing for a premium brand car. My Ram 1500 has better sound. I haven鈥檛 had the chance to hear Burneister so didn鈥檛 opt for it on the new build, but if music is important to you and it鈥檚 within the budget it鈥檚 definitely worth considering.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Big thanks to everyone on this forum. My final build changed quite a bit in 24 hours based on everyone's feedback.

Notable changes:
  • 18 way seats
  • Premium package
  • Removed Power Steering Plus
Final build locked w dealer:

Expecting Oct arrival and it reportedly will be one of the first 2023s to arrive :)

Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
Big thanks to everyone on this forum. My final build changed quite a bit in 24 hours based on everyone's feedback.

Notable changes:
  • 18 way seats
  • Premium package
  • Removed Power Steering Plus
Final build locked w dealer:

Expecting Oct arrival and it reportedly will be one of the first 2023s to arrive :)
You are going to love those 18 ways and everything else. I鈥檓 on day 3 with the 18 ways and I have 2 herniations on my lower back plus rear ended 6 months ago and I鈥檝e never been so pain free driving. I鈥檓 only 32 as well lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
You are going to love those 18 ways and everything else. I鈥檓 on day 3 with the 18 ways and I have 2 herniations on my lower back plus rear ended 6 months ago and I鈥檝e never been so pain free driving. I鈥檓 only 32 as well lol
Love to hear it! I didn't get a chance to try them out but pulled the trigger regardless

Registered
Hello everyone,

Had my name down since Nov '21 and SA just called to say I received an Aug allocation with Oct delivery for a '23 GTS. Wasn't sure about paying the delta ($2800) for the '23 but think I'll make it back on resale.

Anyways I have been following this forum since Dec and am going to be locking very soon. Would appreciate feedback on the build before I lock.

Thanks!
Nice. I noticed no air suspension, any particular reason as I鈥檓 also considering?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts