Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
'23 GTS on order (Oct ETA)
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Had my name down since Nov '21 and SA just called to say I received an Aug allocation with Oct delivery for a '23 GTS. Wasn't sure about paying the delta ($2800) for the '23 but think I'll make it back on resale.

Anyways I have been following this forum since Dec and am going to be locking very soon. Would appreciate feedback on the build before I lock.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
317 Posts
In my opinion your build is great! There will be no need for the Black mirror bases with Volcano Gray though (GTS mirrors come painted in the exterior color, in your case Volcano Gray). Also, I would consider upgrading your seats. I personally am 5’9” and the 18 way are like sitting in a lazy boy to me. Love them. Relatively cheap upgrade.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I added the black base mirrors last second to just have that slight additional contrast. Will potentially reconsider but thought it would look good and work with other black accents.

Will try the seats out this weekend to compare.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
317 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I added the black base mirrors last second to just have that slight additional contrast. Will potentially reconsider but thought it would look good and work with other black accents.

Will try the seats out this weekend to compare.

Thanks for the feedback!
No problem. I must add on that the Black bases are not metallic paint. Your exterior will be tho and mirror bases will be metallic if you decide to remove the black bases. Some will argue the metallic will hold up better over time. Food for thought.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I would add PTV since you ordered chrono

8 way seats come with a manual steering column, nobody is ever getting an electronic one again due to the chip shortages .

I had roof rails on my 2017, I did not opt for them on my 2022 GTS because they constantly discolored and were not worth the hassle of trying to keep them looking good.

Reactions: rasetsu

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking build. Where about in Canada are you? You should maybe consider speccing summer tires. I did on my build with full intentions of getting a dedicated set of winters. I would never run all seasons again.
I am based out of Vancouver. No real need for winters and I did read that most from here go all seasons.

Do you still think summers are the way to go? I don't think I would buy winters when it rarely rains.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am based out of Vancouver. No real need for winters and I did read that most from here go all seasons.

Do you still think summers are the way to go? I don't think I would buy winters when it rarely rains.

Thanks!
If you have no intentions of getting winter tires then definitely stick with the all seasons.
If you are stretching your budget you can also probably do without PTV+ IMHO

·
Registered
2023 GTS arriving in October
45 Posts

Thanks!
I'm in the lower mainland too and have always run dedicated summers and winters on separate wheels. You'll need winters if you want to abide by the tire law and go to any of the north shore ski hills, or head out of town to Squamish or past Hope.

Build looks great, the $100k ceiling is what I've been trying to stick to with my GTS build too. If you do end up going for the 18 way seats (I'm leaning that way too) you might as well add the premium plus package as you have most of the it's price covered with the sunroof, seats and the Bose. The extras that come with it are well worth the sight bump in price at that point.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm in the lower mainland too and have always run dedicated summers and winters on separate wheels. You'll need winters if you want to abide by the tire law and go to any of the north shore ski hills, or head out of town to Squamish or past Hope.

Build looks great, the $100k ceiling is what I've been trying to stick to with my GTS build too. If you do end up going for the 18 way seats (I'm leaning that way too) you might as well add the premium plus package as you have most of the it's price covered with the sunroof, seats and the Bose. The extras that come with it are well worth the sight bump in price at that point.
Good feedback regarding winters. Where did you pick up your set?

I will take a look at Premium package and see how much extra it will be. I'm right on the budget line so may have to sacrifice something or pass.

Ps can you share your build? Would love to see it. When do you get your car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yup, ideally not right at $100k but definitely not above due to tax implications.
The luxury tax for vehicles and aircraft priced over $100,000 is the lesser of (10% of the total price of the vehicle or the aircraft) and (20% of the total price above $100,000), so if your build will end up being 103k you'll pay only $500 extra, not ideal, but wouldn't stop me from getting my GTS with all the options I want.
You have some options you can consider removing like Porsche crest on central armrest and Power Steering Plus, and add instead Premium Plus Package and Surround View.
For example - PPVEGQH8

·
Registered
2023 GTS arriving in October
45 Posts
I haven't even got my allocation yet so no clue when my car will actually show up. My SA is still thinking this year though.

I'm coming from Audis and always bought OEM wheels for my winters, typically I buy upgrade wheels from other models and get them used off craigslist / fb /forums and then put fresh tires on.

Here's where my build is currently sitting, the MY23 price jump ate into my options list. I lost ptv+ and the GT design wheels which aren't available anyway. Still making changes daily though😅

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Vancouver? Give me a break. You can't fool a Seattle person. It rained more here in the first week of May this year than in the entire average for the month. I would go for the All Seasons.
Loool I wrote that on the fly and meant to put snow. Very good catch on your part. Been a horrible spring :(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts