Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Two friends of mine autocross a Cayman R, white, with a Gulf stripe running from nose to tail (excluding the glass, obviously :p) and it looks really nice. Not too brash, and very pleasing to the eye. I'll try to get a picture next time I see them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Generally, a great idea. A bit too fat over the lights, at least over the tail lights.
Else, I like it.
Ciao

Reactions: Trued

·
Registered
489 Posts
Working on a stripe like this. What do You think? If anyone is interested I would be happy to supply You with a set.
Little bit of inspiration from the heydays with the 917´s + the 911´s from the seventies.
I think it is pretty cool, of course the stripe you added was more two dimensional than the photo used, but altogether pretty cool.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been mulling over the same idea about the Martini livery. Unfortunately it does seem like the Martini livery looks best with White or Black, and probably also Rhodium Silver. Not entirely convinced about whether I should go with the livery on my Agate Grey.
@Trued, not entirely sure about the bulges on the front and the rear. Here's my take on the livery decal.

Inspired by the White Martini Macan from earlier post, thought about adding the decal to my painted sideblades. Did a quick mockup for an Agate Grey with Martini (not my picture, btw, found an Agate Grey GTS pic online for mockup purposes only), and not sure if I'm liking it too much.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Working on a stripe like this. What do You think? If anyone is interested I would be happy to supply You with a set.
Little bit of inspiration from the heydays with the 917´s + the 911´s from the seventies.
For some strange reason, I like that! A tiny bit overpowering at the rear would be my only concern, would need to see a workup from a side-on view. Those colours work brilliantly with white though...kudos for the inspiration to do something like this!!

Reactions: Trued

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
How would one go about getting Martini Stripes that change in width? The eBay link where you can choose the width is helpful, but I'm wondering how one goes about spec'ing it where it can start at one width, and end at another.

Reactions: djkmacan

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've been mulling over the same idea about the Martini livery. Unfortunately it does seem like the Martini livery looks best with White or Black, and probably also Rhodium Silver. Not entirely convinced about whether I should go with the livery on my Agate Grey.
@Trued, not entirely sure about the bulges on the front and the rear. Here's my take on the livery decal.

Inspired by the White Martini Macan from earlier post, thought about adding the decal to my painted sideblades. Did a quick mockup for an Agate Grey with Martini (not my picture, btw, found an Agate Grey GTS pic online for mockup purposes only), and not sure if I'm liking it too much.
Nope, not liking it either. "Not enough" pop IMO and it looks too constrained within the sideblade.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts