Porsche Macan Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1442 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is good to know, in case I end up ordering new, I have a feeling my local dealers are not going to come off MSRP much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXRed -

I spoke multiple times with 3 dealers near me. 2 were unable to take anything off MSRP for a special order. The 3rd would, but not very much. PM for details.

·
Registered
902 Posts
My cousin works for Mercedes Benz here in Australia. In 2022 they are going fixed price ... Tesla like. No price reductions no matter how much you plead. He expects other German car companies to follow suit. A dark, dark omen :(

·
Registered
841 Posts
This all depends on whether they want to sell their cars or not.
Exactly. For slow selling models they will have no other choice but to lower the price from the original MSRP, or whatever they choose to call it ("December to Remember" or some such). The price you pay will still reflect how badly they need/want to unload it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
latest pulse on 2021 gts i have seen is 3-5% off msrp, I negotiated with a few dealers across states - more affluent neighborhoods or dealers (eg porsche /ferrari dealer vs porsche/audi) also equate to lighter discounts

·
Registered
6 Posts
After searching for a well-loved CPO (that ticks most of my interest boxes) for a few months without much luck, I think I am about ready to cave and special order a GTS. I have heard from many local owners, our local dealer doesn't offer too many "deals," so I am prepared to shop my code around. If I may survey this lovely group: do you tend to have better luck contacting out-of-area dealers regarding discounts via email or via telephone?

(Thanks in advance for your insights and Mods, please let me know if I've made a posting error)

·
Registered
8 Posts
After searching for a well-loved CPO (that ticks most of my interest boxes) for a few months without much luck, I think I am about ready to cave and special order a GTS. I have heard from many local owners, our local dealer doesn't offer too many "deals," so I am prepared to shop my code around. If I may survey this lovely group: do you tend to have better luck contacting out-of-area dealers regarding discounts via email or via telephone?

(Thanks in advance for your insights and Mods, please let me know if I've made a posting error)
Always negotiations by phone imho - it's good to hear the context and justification on pricing (whether it's completely true or not ... ) to understand where you may have leverage
eg some dealers get paid a commission based on # cars, others on % of sale. Some will say things like "our margin is 2500 bucks -- hint hint i'm not going to drop the price that much "

·
Registered
6 Posts
Always negotiations by phone imho - it's good to hear the context and justification on pricing (whether it's completely true or not ... ) to understand where you may have leverage
eg some dealers get paid a commission based on # cars, others on % of sale. Some will say things like "our margin is 2500 bucks -- hint hint i'm not going to drop the price that much "
Great point. Thanks very much for your reply!

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
From my own sense of value, at present if I don’t get at least 8% off I won’t buy. Period.

When I bought mine at the end of 2014 as Macan first came out, I got $500 off but I was willing to pay full MSRP. Because at that time Macan was a great value even at MSRP, considering other similar Japanese and German luxury cars cost about $10k less.

BTW, my 2015 Macan S cost $60k with $500 off new. Now similarly optioned S costs about $70k MSRP, but with a few extras over my build such as nav., LDW, LED headlights, a better PCM screen, CarPlay, free 1st year maintenance, and a little more hp/torque, which I think is only worth a few grand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's awesome! I only got $1500 off ours. Which Dealer?
Porsche Ontario. They told me the 8% discount they offered was a mistake but they would honor it. According to their story, they thought I was buying a base Macan until I reminded them to look at my Porsche code in the inquiry email I sent over. I could tell that they weren’t too happy about the 8% discount they gave me but they still kept it cool and professional. The whole order process was fairly quick. No chitcha and no “warm & welcome” feeling.

I also inquired Porsche Irvine and received a 4% off offer, and 2% off from Porsche Downtown L.A.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Porsche Ontario. They told me the 8% discount they offered was a mistake but they would honor it. According to their story, they thought I was buying a base Macan until I reminded them to look at my Porsche code in the inquiry email I sent over. I could tell that they weren’t too happy about the 8% discount they gave me but they still kept it cool and professional. The whole order process was fairly quick. No chitcha and no “warm & welcome” feeling.

I also inquired Porsche Irvine and received a 4% off offer, and 2% off from Porsche Downtown L.A.
Yup got ours at the same place. Good job on the deal!

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS -White W/Black-Red Leather Int. Spyder Wheels Blk W/SC
14 Posts
Happy to say I worked out deal here in No. Virginia for a 3.7% discount on my new Macan GTS and also managed to get the 2nd maintenance period thrown in for half price and 1.92% interest for 6 yrs on half the balance.

1421 - 1440 of 1442 Posts