Porsche Macan Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1344 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in AZ. One of the dealerships here said 4% off base model is aggressive. I know there is more to be had. Everything is fluid from month to month with this pandemic and they probably aren't hurting like they were 2 months ago. Anyone seeing better discounts in SoCal or Vegas area?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I’m not on that region but that seems weak for a base model. I’d expect 8% for a base.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That may be hard to achieve unless it’s a car on the lot.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Then push for at least 8%. Assuming MSRP around $60,000 you should be able to get $5000 off, I would think.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That doesn’t surprise me too much as my 2018 had an MSRP of about 64k and it was nicely equipped but nothing over the top.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just ordered my 2021 GTS and negotiating a discount was really hard. Ended up close to 5.5% net (including some accessories that they threw in - which were things I wanted vs some random unnecessary swag!).

Reactions: Masscan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered my 2021 GTS and negotiating a discount was really hard. Ended up close to 5.5% net (including some accessories that they threw in - which were things I wanted vs some random unnecessary swag!).
Congrats, that's a good discount for the GTS. They are harder to negotiate. You have a build code?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here is my build code: PMF44F90

and now, in the words of the late Tom Petty, “the waiting is the hardest part”.

Reactions: Masscan

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I’m glad to see that you were able to find a discount, and even get some accessories thrown in to sweeten the deal. Here’s hoping that time will fly by so your new GTS will be here sooner

Reactions: MAPC

·
Registered
5 Posts
North Jersey
2021 Macan S
Factory Build
MSRP $78,870
Price $74,500
Discount 5.5%

Dealer agreed pretty much immediately so not sure if I could have gotten more. Overall just happy to have a Macan S on the way. November can't come soon enough!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure if I should just browse more myself before asking, but I haven't seen too recent info on Chicago dealers on this post.
I live in Chicago and am looking to order a Macan S. Is there any reputable dealer that would provide a good discount I should be aware of in the region? I'm definitely willing to go ~200-300 miles out of the way and drive the car back if the deal is good

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think we all prefer to buy locally (unless we want the PEC experience), wanting to believe that if one dealer can give us a certain discount, they all can, if they want to. We also prefer to think that buying locally may serve us better for ease of servicing and dealer loyalty, though we understand that a service dept. is a different profit center than sales, and in the end, they all want our service business regardless of where we buy vehicle. That said, it comes down to deciding what is our breaking point to go out of our local area to pick up or ship a vehicle. I find it interesting how big the price differences are from one dealer to another. One says little to no discount, and another says 5-8%. Certainly makes one wonder how they can compete with each other.

·
Registered
436 Posts
One says little to no discount, and another says 5-8%. Certainly makes one wonder how they can compete with each other.
It seems to me that the bigger discounts can be had in very large and immediately surrounding metro areas that are served by multiple dealerships, i.e. they have to complete against one another to get sales. Unfortunately for buyers in smaller areas, where there is less (or no) competition for dealers to secure sales, buyers have little or no power to negotiate.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not sure if I should just browse more myself before asking, but I haven't seen too recent info on Chicago dealers on this post.
I live in Chicago and am looking to order a Macan S. Is there any reputable dealer that would provide a good discount I should be aware of in the region? I'm definitely willing to go ~200-300 miles out of the way and drive the car back if the deal is good
I have purchased 2 cars from Loeber and got strong discounts each time; I posted details earlier in this thread. PM me if you have other questions.

1321 - 1340 of 1344 Posts