Porsche Macan Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1350 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am definitely willing to travel and/or go the PEC route.

I haven't found a dealer who is hurting yet though!

·
Registered
324 Posts
He and I chatted yesterday. ;)
He’s trying to convince me to go S vs GTS.

I am considering it but not there yet.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you plan to lease and only if you intend to spec an "S" way below the MSRP of a "GTS" it would not behoove you to pull the trigger on a "S" as the money factor and residuals on the "S" and "GTS" are identical.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My S build is 78k and my GTS build is 87k. I’m assuming about a $200 diff in lease payment- more if they are discounting the S more than the GTS

·
Registered
2019 Macan S
25 Posts
He and I chatted yesterday. ;)
He’s trying to convince me to go S vs GTS.

I am considering it but not there yet.
I have watched some of his videos and have seen that he offers to help with pricing. Glad to see that folks are taking him up on it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
He was very responsive and I really enjoy his videos but, full disclosure, his info on pricing wasn’t particularly helpful...but I still enjoyed chatting with him and validating my assumptions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My S build is 78k and my GTS build is 87k. I’m assuming about a $200 diff in lease payment- more if they are discounting the S more than the GTS
I think you need to compromise and reduce your S build substantially since your S is in base GTS territory, or reduce your GTS build to +/- $82,500 (your halfway mark between them). Pre-Covid, the GTS has always held its own market - and faired better than an S. Post-Covid - who knows.

Personally, I do not believe it prudent to spec nearly $18k in options on an S.

Since you are leasing, take advantage of the same residuals on an S and GTS. If you were leasing a Turbo, the residuals would be much lower.

·
Registered
2019 Macan S
25 Posts
I was wondering how much he could really do in regards to pricing. The dealer needs to move inventory, but also maximize profit...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think you need to compromise and reduce your S build substantially since your S is in base GTS territory, or reduce your GTS build to +/- $82,500 (your halfway mark between them). Pre-Covid, the GTS has always held its own market - and faired better than an S. Post-Covid - who knows.

Personally, I do not believe it prudent to spec nearly $18k in options on an S.

Since you are leasing, take advantage of the same residuals on an S and GTS. If you were leasing a Turbo, the residuals would be much lower.
Reducing the options doesn't cut it for me--I know what I like and I like certain features a lot. For example, I know I'd be happier with the 78K S than a 82K GTS- just too many compromises. I could shave $2K off the GTS by dropping the Chalk paint (and going with Jet black...but in the scheme of things I know I'd regret not getting it. I suppose if I did that and dropped the 18 ways it would reduce a little...but you can't get Prem+ with the 8 ways so the savings from that package would evaporate if I added back in the options individually.

I went in to see how low of a $$ I could get to with the GTS and the lowest I'd go would be $83,560----which to me isn't enough of a reduction to justify giving up the color and options that I like (that is the lowest I could get with ACC and 18 way seats).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Reducing the options doesn't cut it for me--I know what I like and I like certain features a lot. For example, I know I'd be happier with the 78K S than a 82K GTS- just too many compromises. I could shave $2K off the GTS by dropping the Chalk paint (and going with Jet black...but in the scheme of things I know I'd regret not getting it. I suppose if I did that and dropped the 18 ways it would reduce a little...but you can't get Prem+ with the 8 ways so the savings from that package would evaporate if I added back in the options individually.

I went in to see how low of a $$ I could get to with the GTS and the lowest I'd go would be $83,560----which to me isn't enough of a reduction to justify giving up the color and options that I like (that is the lowest I could get with ACC and 18 way seats).
I understand your dilemma, however, given that PFS' MRM on the S is $75,900 vs the GTS' $90,800, the $2k overage on your proposed S will not be residualized. While you may not be concerned about the slightly higher payment, perhaps you should consider why PFS chose that cut-off.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The wheels put it over the top unfortunately.
I thought that the limit was higher- I’m supposed to talk to my local dealer tomorrow. I wonder if it will any higher for 2021.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
32 Posts
For what it’s worth I really enjoyed the ACC on previous cars but in hindsight didn’t use it much..I really don’t miss it and with your numbers I think you would be best served with a slightly less optioned GTS just my 2 cents.... in the end there is no going wrong with your considerations best wishes!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have ACC on my Macan now and there is no way I’d buy one without it.
The only way I can see to get the GTS down would be to fore go the Chalk paint. That means settling for Jet Black to save $3000.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
32 Posts
Don’t give up the chalk if you can... I did for availability and financial considerations and am totally happy BUT I still
Think about life with the chalk... a Porsche classic I would forgo ACC for chalk in a heartbeat !!! Again just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1 Posts
looking to order a '21 GTS. E-mailed a couple of S.Calif dealers and got from full MSRP to 3% off. Anyone doing better?

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS (Build Code PMRTSSB5, Ordered, expected October '20)
9 Posts
I ordered a 2021 GTS for $87k last week and got 6% off MSRP at Jack Daniels Porsche in NJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
I’m getting the same on a 2021 GTS in CT...but it wasn’t easy and my closest dealer wouldn’t discount at all. Fortunately there are 4 dealers within 30 min or so of me.

Reactions: Convert and Hoyad
1301 - 1320 of 1350 Posts