Porsche Macan Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1317 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
@vroomcan if you can wait an extra 4-6 weeks to get your car, I highly recommend the PEC experience. Sucks that it is now 475, vs the 385 I paid in 2018 but it is still worth the 475 hands down.

in 2018 I got 5% off my build at Champion in FL

Reactions: vroomcan

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Those are next in the list and they seem to be the way to go for people in the SE region. I'll update my original post with MSRP %'s and good tip on the PEC delivery, I will probably end up doing that.
Welcome to the forum. It looks as if you've done your homework, reading at least some of this thread.

Back in Aug. 2017, my wife and I configured an S, and ordered it through Hennessy (I think I described this process way earlier in this thread). As a result of my reading around that time, it was basically a toss-up between them and Perimeter, i.e., no particular reason, and the deal went smoothly.

And note -- take a look at the very last pic in my gallery (link in the signature block) -- that you don't have to be in the SE to deal with them ... especially if one is interested in PEC, is retired or otherwise has free time and is flexible, and wants to make a mini-vacation of it.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well in year 2018 I received 8% off a GTS on the lot. Going back to order a 2021 GTS September build slot for delivery this November best I could get was 5.5%

·
Registered
168 Posts
3.5 days and still no response from any of the three dealers that I reach out to. Amazing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
3.5 days and still no response from any of the three dealers that I reach out to. Amazing.
Try calling them directly and ask for their "internet sales". Have your build code handy just in case you can email it to them on the spot. I'm not used to chasing down the SA, instead I'm used to dealers of other manufacturers almost spam calling me. But hey, first Porsche, so perhaps it's part of the exclusivity experience.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I emailed one back tonight and he thought he had sent it. It was scary high. More than the pyment on my Tesla with an MSRP of $151k and more more than 40% higher than my 2016 Cayenne with a higher MSRP than the Macan build.

I’ll either stick with my current Macan or buy CPO again.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That is pretty impressive. My local is holding firm at MSRP for a new GTS or GTS order. Won't even discuss a discount of any kind.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
That is pretty impressive. My local is holding firm at MSRP for a new GTS or GTS order. Won't even discuss a discount of any kind.
Don't feel bad about your local dealer not willing to budge on the price. My local dealer who has the market on almost all of the high end cars in my city doesn't deal at all for any of his brands. For my first one they didn't deal, and for the one on order they were not willing to deal either. Thank goodness for the internet, email and PEC delivery (or delivery for non PEC people) for shopping around.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't feel bad about your local dealer not willing to budge on the price. My local dealer who has the market on almost all of the high end cars in my city doesn't deal at all for any of his brands. For my first one they didn't deal, and for the one on order they were not willing to deal either. Thank goodness for the internet, email and PEC delivery (or delivery for non PEC people) for shopping around.
you must live in Charleston SC Met Mr. Baker once at Rue de Jean.

Had enough friends tell me in advance not to buy from Baker or waste my time dealing with them, so I used another dealer and picked up at the Atlanta PEC

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
@g4driver, you are correct I'm in Charleston. I was talking with my neighbor and about fell over when he told me that he got 3,500 off a new AMG GLC43, got a good trade in on his old MB and a good deal on a Range Rover lease for the wife. I guess since he was buying/leasing 2 cars at once they worked with him.

Reactions: g4driver

·
Registered
30 Posts
@Jellybean

Sorry to hear about your totaled GTS, but now have to go back at you newly ordered one. Your last one was a beauty.

I have a friend in MP with a 911 and a Macan Turbo and he was shocked at how little Baker would deal. He bought his vehicles outside of SC. Another close buddy bought his Carrera T from Hennessy last year. And then his neighbor bought a Carrera T from his Hennessy SA.

The oil change due in 18 days " notice popped up today as I hit 1800 mile; that's 180 miles a month so far. 526 is just awful and I don't have PASM with Air like Charleston needs.

PASM with AS is must for our roads. If I order a Macan GTS or Turbo, I will certainly ask for your advice.

My heart says a 911 will be my next ride. Covid 19 made me wait to trade my Macan S , but an Azure Blue 911 is what I want even if I have to drop 11K on the paint. Unfortunately, I discovered this forum after I purchased my Macan S, but hey better late than never. The folks here are great with inputs and advice. Truly appreciate others sharing there wisdom.

I keep most vehicles 20+ years, but my Macan S isn't the one I want exactly. One thing is certain, I will by next ride will be from Perimeter or Hennessy in Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
@g4driver I am ordering my new one from Greenville Porsche and they are giving me a great deal, way more than what the guy at perimeter in Atlanta was willing to do. They have a mamba green coming in with a new GTS in the middle of July so Im going to do a road trip to see the color and test drive the new GTS.

Yes this group has not been good on the pocketbook, like you I found the group after my first build locked so with this new build I have time and I hope I am doing it right.

The guy who details my car has a client who changes his cars like most people change their underwear and I’m talking he builds 911 GT2RS’s and Baker wouldn’t deal for him. He also custom ordered a Range Rover that some guy came in and wanted to buy it and the other guy was willing to go 10 grand over list and Baker sold it out from under him so he stopped dealing with them and now orders all of his cars elsewhere. I just wish they were not the only dealer in town. I don’t want to give them any of my money but the service manager at Porsche has been great to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a dealer in S. FL where they've had a great buying experience (fair discount + overall pleasant purchase process)? I've read that FL should have some of the most competitive discounts given the concentration of dealerships and will soon be reaching out to Champion, Porsche WB, Porsche PB and a couple others. Just wanted to prepare myself ahead of time for what to expect - looking for either a new or 2019/2020 low mileage S. Also considering ordering out of region and shipping to the Atlanta PEC as others have done.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Back in 2017 when I was building my 2018 GTS I ordered through Champion with a PEC delivery and got 5% off my build. When I found myself in the position where I had to build a new GTS I reached out to the salesman who I used with my old build code to refresh his memory and my new build code for a 2021 GTS. This time around he was only willing to give me 3,500 off my total build which is way less than what I got the last time, and I was spending more money this time.

Others have reached out to Perimeter in Atlanta and gotten great deals, 8.5% off. I reached out to them and he was only willing to give me 1,500 off my build. I told him thank you but no thank you.

With doing PEC delivery you can order where ever you find the best deal and enjoy spending the day at Porsche learning about your new car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
On my new GTS build, I have been offered 2.5% by my local dealer and 4.5% off from a dealer about an hour away.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
On my new GTS build, I have been offered 2.5% by my local dealer and 4.5% off from a dealer about an hour away.
I've read on these very pages about the limited number of GTS slots, and how desirable many folks the GTS (as, perhaps, the sweet spot for handling, performance, and bundled options), and yada yada.

That said, I'm still not impressed by those numbers, in general, and given that it's my understanding that a lot of car dealerships are hurting these days.

Are you willing to travel, and perhaps partake of an Atlanta PEC delivery? Or even just pick up the car at one at Hennessy or Perimeter (although @Jellybean's recent experience with Perimeter, a couple of posts above, surprises me), or somewhere else?

If not, I guess in the grand scheme of things 4.5% isn't a complete disaster.

1281 - 1300 of 1317 Posts