Porsche Macan Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1241 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Unfortunately- this has been discussed many times.... but I don’t have (recent) links in front of me.

My guess off the top of my head?... you should be able to get between 5-10% discount off a new vehicle price in the current Covid-19 situation. Every dealer is different. Some hardly budge at all; some will go 9/10%... just depends. Others on here can help steer you better...

If buying used, get a CPOd low-mile Macan, especially if you aren’t being picky about colors and options. There are great deals to be had right now. It’s a buyers market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
To reiterate what TXred said, on a new car, dealerships don’t really discount. But CPO, when I purchased mine I only got $500 off. Lol keep in mind my 2017 S is well optioned and was low mileage at purchase. With all of the dealer metrics and price comparison data available at everyone’s fingertips it’s hard to drive a hard bargain unless, the perfect opportunity presents itself. Try to look nationally if you want to get a good deal. Out of state, a small town dealership, etc. They will most likely want to push out CPO/Used vehicles especially because of the pandemic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was recently in the same boat and looked around. Finally found a few service loanesr 2019 Macan S's on the web (mostly in California) that were discounted well I knew what a good price was and when the dealer cut their price on them, I called and snatched one up. 2019 Miami Blue S CPO with 6k miles and good set of options. I dealt with Eric at Rusnak Porsche in Pasadena. Great guy, no BS. Did the deal in less than 30 min; FedEx'ed paperwork back and forth and got the car shipped to me in AZ. I have no affiliation with them but had a great experience. Give them a try; got nothing to lose! Pics to prove it...
IMG_6448.JPG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the replies. And thank you to forum management for merging my thread into this one. I apologize for creating a new one.

I have sent emails asking about discount to my local dealers. Awaiting a response (well it is still 8:50 AM here).

If they show some movement out of respect for the reality that the world is in a pandemic and sales are down I'll make a deal today. My bet is most of the people buying 911s and taycans etc are not impacted much by the pandemic and economic downturn. Hence they still buy. But the Macan is purchased more by people in the upper middle class level and I bet they are slowing their purchasing down. I will let you all know if I get much in a discount offer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the replies. And thank you to forum management for merging my thread into this one. I apologize for creating a new one.

I have sent emails asking about discount to my local dealers. Awaiting a response (well it is still 8:50 AM here).

If they show some movement out of respect for the reality that the world is in a pandemic and sales are down I'll make a deal today. My bet is most of the people buying 911s and taycans etc are not impacted much by the pandemic and economic downturn. Hence they still buy. But the Macan is purchased more by people in the upper middle class level and I bet they are slowing their purchasing down. I will let you all know if I get much in a discount offer.
From what I got out of my homework on this forum, I've seen 15-20% off MSRP on CPOs with less than 10k mileage. As nowadays it's relatively easier to get a 10% on a custom order, I expect to see 11-12% on a new 2020 lot car. Therefore, 20% on CPOs seems to be reasonable to me. If you are not picky on colors/options, I even think 21-23% is negotiable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
From what I got out of my homework on this forum, I've seen 15-20% off MSRP on CPOs with less than 10k mileage. As nowadays it's relatively easier to get a 10% on a custom order, I expect to see 11-12% on a new 2020 lot car. Therefore, 20% on CPOs seems to be reasonable to me. If you are not picky on colors/options, I even think 21-23% is negotiable.
Wow. Well so far the two dealers in my area haven't budged at all. One offered me 1% off general inventory. Only has a few Macan S and not many coming with factory shutdown. If both dealers are like this I'm off to buy a BMW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow. Well so far the two dealers in my area haven't budged at all. One offered me 1% off general inventory. Only has a few Macan S and not many coming with factory shutdown. If both dealers are like this I'm off to buy a BMW
Well if you live in AZ that explains it. The Scottsdale dealer was horrible. Just buy somewhere and have it shipped or drive home. I have a good contact if you need one.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Well if you live in AZ that explains it. The Scottsdale dealer was horrible. Just buy somewhere and have it shipped or drive home. I have a good contact if you need one.

^^^^was just about to say this. If you really want a Macan, just buy out of state and have it shipped. Plenty of good dealers out there that will work with you.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Bingo. Scottsdale.

I am also working with the Chandler store. So far no response as the guy I'm working with had yesterday off. If they are the same I have to decide if I want to make the effort to do as you suggest or just buy a BMW. I am pretty sure they are dealing with the size of their inventory. I mean I prefer the Porsche but at the end of the day I am running out of patience with the process. Not like this is a life altering car. LOL.

I am pretty sure BMW will make it a smooth transaction with discount for me to return my leased BMW and get into another leased BMW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bingo. Scottsdale.

I am also working with the Chandler store. So far no response as the guy I'm working with had yesterday off. If they are the same I have to decide if I want to make the effort to do as you suggest or just buy a BMW. I am pretty sure they are dealing with the size of their inventory. I mean I prefer the Porsche but at the end of the day I am running out of patience with the process. Not like this is a life altering car. LOL.

I am pretty sure BMW will make it a smooth transaction with discount for me to return my leased BMW and get into another leased BMW.
Ya I think Scottsdale gave me $500 off my first 911 and acted like they were doing me a favor. Honestly since then I’ve just negotiated out of state and had delivered. Save several thousand dollars. Had a great experience in Atlanta.
Can do the Porsche Experience delivery and then ship it home

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well it's done and dusted. I ended up preferring the Cayenne due to the drivers seat in the Macan not feeling as comfortable. I'm happy with that. Base model with plenty of goodies. The Scottsdale store and I had completed conversation earlier and they were standing pat at offering only 1% off MSRP. Not rude about it just that's their position. I respect that. If they can get buyers at that capitalism is in full swing.

I went to Chandler and bought a new 2020 Cayenne base model and got 5% off list. Plus 1.95% interest loan. Maybe they would have dropped more but I will never know now.

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
You can order from any dealer in the nation and take LA PEC delivery. Only one day to drive back to AZ.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats on the Cayenne. Just curious, did you happen to check out the Cayenne Coupe at all? Seems that if you were considering the sportier Macan, you might like the sportier Coupe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well it's done and dusted. I ended up preferring the Cayenne due to the drivers seat in the Macan not feeling as comfortable. I'm happy with that. Base model with plenty of goodies. The Scottsdale store and I had completed conversation earlier and they were standing pat at offering only 1% off MSRP. Not rude about it just that's their position. I respect that. If they can get buyers at that capitalism is in full swing.

I went to Chandler and bought a new 2020 Cayenne base model and got 5% off list. Plus 1.95% interest loan. Maybe they would have dropped more but I will never know now.
Congratulations! I had a 2020 Cayenne Base loaner when I was getting my TC replaced and despite it being a base model, it really hauls you know what. The handling is very nimble for such a large vehicle, and the tungsten coated brake rotors are really very impressive, they stop on a dime. I wish we could retrofit them onto our Macans. The new technology takes getting used to (specifically the bigger wider touchscreen PCM), but like all things, it comes with time. Only issues I had with it are the alarm chirp is very low, at first I thought the alarm horn might be broken, but the SA assured me that is the new chirp, it was made purposely with a lower volume.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on the Cayenne. Just curious, did you happen to check out the Cayenne Coupe at all? Seems that if you were considering the sportier Macan, you might like the sportier Coupe.
Yeah I looked at them. I got the impression they didn't get or sell many. Just now checking their webpage looks like they had ONE and it was a service loaner. I confess I was really struggling to choose between Macan and Cayenne, then new or used, and finally just said to myself " you know you want THAT car despite it's price so don't buy something else and hate yourself later".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations! I had a 2020 Cayenne Base loaner when I was getting my TC replaced and despite it being a base model, it really hauls you know what. The handling is very nimble for such a large vehicle, and the tungsten coated brake rotors are really very impressive, they stop on a dime. I wish we could retrofit them onto our Macans. The new technology takes getting used to (specifically the bigger wider touchscreen PCM), but like all things, it comes with time. Only issues I had with it are the alarm chirp is very low, at first I thought the alarm horn might be broken, but the SA assured me that is the new chirp, it was made purposely with a lower volume.
Thanks. I sit here waiting for Wednesday when it is delivered. Got to go return my leased BMW sometime before then and call insurance. Can't wait to start learning all the features of my new car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all - new to the forum. Narrowing down my Macan options as my first Porsche!
I found the CPO I want.....a well equipped 2018. MSRP was $62,900.....and I'm down to $40,000 + $300 admin fee.
Looking at how others are calculating the deal/discount - this looks like about 37% off MSRP.
Personally I will need to have it shipped (about another $1k)...but all in I think it's a great deal for the color combo I want, Premium package plus, and all the other features that are important to me.
Interested in everyone else's thoughts before I pull the trigger!
This will also be the first "remote buy & ship" process I go through. Any tips would be great!
TIA.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think you have a pretty good deal, if this car has what you want, which seems to be the case.

To put in perspective, my first Porsche (actually my wife drove this one) was a White 2018 Macan S. MSRP was $62K before sales tax, so probably not too different than the one you are looking at. We traded it in last September (at the same Porsche dealership), though the deal allowed us to keep the car until our 2020 Macan S was delivered in November. The vehicle was only 18 months old, had under 6,000 miles on it, and not a scratch on it. We got $50,000 for it, which was the number I hoped for to trade up. Not sure what they really needed to do to put it in their lot for sale, but they soon listed it for $57,000. I am sure they dropped the price quite a bit to sell since it has to compete, at some point, with a brand new undriven Macan S.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Hi all - new to the forum. Narrowing down my Macan options as my first Porsche!
I found the CPO I want.....a well equipped 2018. MSRP was $62,900.....and I'm down to $40,000 + $300 admin fee.
Looking at how others are calculating the deal/discount - this looks like about 37% off MSRP.
Personally I will need to have it shipped (about another $1k)...but all in I think it's a great deal for the color combo I want, Premium package plus, and all the other features that are important to me.
Interested in everyone else's thoughts before I pull the trigger!
This will also be the first "remote buy & ship" process I go through. Any tips would be great!
TIA.....
Get a PPI done despite the CPO.

·
Registered
2019 Macan S | Volcano grey metallic on black
12 Posts
Finally made the deposit of $2000 with Porsche Nashua (Yes, I changed the dealership because the Cincinnati one insisted on $10k deposit). 11% off $69,185 MSRP on an ordered S + $595 dealership fee, equivalent to 10.14%. They also require 10% down when locking in the build.
1.95% loan application with PFS will also be submitted but the rates cannot be locked until the delivery in September. So we will see if I can get that rate by then.
Which dealership were you working with in Cincinnati? I believe there are two. Congrats on your order!

1221 - 1240 of 1241 Posts