Porsche Macan Forum banner

1141 - 1158 of 1158 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
My wife got a 2018 Macan S from Huntington Porsche two years ago, our first Porsche. It was replaced with a 2020 Macan S last month. I am getting my own Macan S in the next 10 days. Both from Huntington. I checked with South Shore since they are closest and I pass by their showroom often, but they were not competitive. They didn't seem to care if we did business with them as much as others. In all fairness, which I'm not sure they deserve, is that I stopped there early in the process and maybe I didn't come off as serious as I really was. They eventually followed up and seemed surprised when I told them they were way off with their proposal. I deal with someone at Huntington who is very pleasant and there was little haggling to get to a decent deal, including the trade in of the 2018 Macan S.
Funny, Huntington didn't treat me seriously. Told the salesman I was dealing with that I was ready to pull the trigger on both a Cayenne and a Macan and I wanted his best price considering I was getting 2 cars. He replied he was going on vacation for a week and will get back to me when he returns. He never got back to me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, funny. Seems that we got similar treatment from 2 different dealerships. I only mentioned looking for 1 new Macan initially, figuring I'd then add the possibility of a 2nd purchase if they gave me a fair trade on my 2018 Macan. In Freeport, we never got that far. You had similar experience in Huntington. Just shows that it's more the salesperson than the overall dealership. But, they do call to follow up and you would think they'd take the comments as to why no deal was made more seriously.

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for the info. i was reading this thread to find someone who bought CPO as I too am in the market for a 2017 CPO S.
Your Welcome , they claimed internet was aggressively low , but there was still wiggle room .. True Car for nationwide prices is a good barometer .. Good Luck !

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife got a 2018 Macan S from Huntington Porsche two years ago, our first Porsche. It was replaced with a 2020 Macan S last month. I am getting my own Macan S in the next 10 days. Both from Huntington. I checked with South Shore since they are closest and I pass by their showroom often, but they were not competitive. They didn't seem to care if we did business with them as much as others. In all fairness, which I'm not sure they deserve, is that I stopped there early in the process and maybe I didn't come off as serious as I really was. They eventually followed up and seemed surprised when I told them they were way off with their proposal. I deal with someone at Huntington who is very pleasant and there was little haggling to get to a decent deal, including the trade in of the 2018 Macan S.
Larry, I plan on visiting Huntington very soon as I sort out the options list. I'm looking at the Macan S. Looks like Porsche figures you either want it or you don't. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Over the past several years, since we first looked at Porsche, we have (at least) stopped in at the 4 Porsche dealers in the LI area. I probably could have gotten the same deal at any of them. Some easy, some with a little work. Huntington was the best overall experience, monetary and non-monetary. Therefore, I am certain you can work things out there. Funny, but of the 4 dealers, Huntington is the least convenient for me. Keep us posted on what you end up doing. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Over the past several years, since we first looked at Porsche, we have (at least) stopped in at the 4 Porsche dealers in the LI area. I probably could have gotten the same deal at any of them. Some easy, some with a little work. Huntington was the best overall experience, monetary and non-monetary. Therefore, I am certain you can work things out there. Funny, but of the 4 dealers, Huntington is the least convenient for me. Keep us posted on what you end up doing. Good luck.
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any Porsche customer who recently ordered the 2021 Macan GTS? Please list your discount if any and from where? I'm reading from past log that some dealer gave 10% on new order 2018 GTS back then.
I find it odd that 2 dealers I know willing to do 9.3% discount [Porsche North in Houston & Porsche of the Village, OH...….after months of negotiations] on custom order Macan S but can't budge on the new Macan GTS. Not even the well know Steve Dooley from Perimeter Porsche in Atlanta would budge on this new 2021 GTS. These guys usually do 8.5% discount, no questions asked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
At the end of December (3 weeks ago), I just bought a nicely equipped new 2018 Macan Sports Edition, Sapphire Blue in Fort Collins, CO. I was looking for a deal on a 2019, but they had this one on the lot that they got in as a late model 2018 and never sold. Not a demo, not a loaner. MSRP $70,440, paid $59,700 -- a $10,740 / 15.2% discount.

1141 - 1158 of 1158 Posts