Porsche Macan Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1158 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 Macan S (August 2019) Metallic, 20", Lane Change, Premium, etc $72,800 list, discounted to $68,000 3 year lease total cost of $35,000 (no matter what you pay "down" and what the per month cost is...what is the 36 month total )
Champion Porsche Florida

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just ordered a 2020 Macan Turbo - build code PLP9J3I7. Received 9.3% discount from Aziz at Porsche of the Village in Cincinnati. Essentially a 9.0% off MRSP and the other 0.3% discount was to cover all dealers fees and licensing.
Posted details of build on New Member forum yesterday. I received 3 bids total 1 from Chad in Atlanta at 8.5%, the other at 9% from Porsche of Kings Auto Mall in Cincinnati. Delivery March, 2020 hopefully.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Factory ordered 2020 Porsche Macan S with only a few options: $65,900 MSRP.

Negotiated by sending emails inquiries to many Porsche dealers nationwide. Out of 13 dealers contacted via email, 7 responded with offers. Also negotiated with 2 other local dealers in-person.

The best:
Porsche South Bay (9% off MSRP) after some negotiation. [Email / phone]
Porsche Barrington (8.5% off MSRP) after some negotiation. [In person] [Ordered with them b/c they were local, so less hassle on pickup, also lower doc fee.]
Porsche Atlanta Perimeter (8.5% off MSRP). [Email / phone] Note: Chad Pierce is no longer in sales, but Steven Dooley is honoring the same discount / terms that Chad had in the past.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For the benefit of people purchasing the Macan I think it would be great if people who have already made a deal can list what discount they received and at what dealer.

No need to name the SA, just the dealer and location. With this info we can all approach dealers and show that some are indeed receiving discounts and we can take our business elsewhere.

PLEASE DONT COMMENT TO SAY
YOU DIDNT GET A DISCOUNT

Stratham Porsche and Nashua Porsche (both located in NH); both dealers offered me 10% on an order of a 2020 Macan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$1K off a 2020 Macan S $75K MSRP - Steven Creek Porsche (San Jose-CA). Seem like Porsche does not want me to purchase their vehicle lol

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
$1K off a 2020 Macan S $75K MSRP - Steven Creek Porsche (San Jose-CA). Seem like Porsche does not want me to purchase their vehicle lol
LOL when I bought my 2015 S in Dec. 2014 Carlsen Porsche offered $1k off. You can do much better now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOL when I bought my 2015 S in Dec. 2014 Carlsen Porsche offered $1k off. You can do much better now!
California is a joke, they jack up the price for everything. I'm still looking for mine but don't want to wait for 4 months order from East Coast. Hopefully more discount end of the year so i can get it locally or 400-500miles away dealers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if a dealer is more willing to give a discount on a Macan that is on their lot vs if you custom order one from the factory? If there is a difference, why?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Does anyone know if a dealer is more willing to give a discount on a Macan that is on their lot vs if you custom order one from the factory? If there is a difference, why?
Well, if I understand the situation correctly (and I've never been an auto dealer, never worked for one, not a CPA, etc.), on a lot car, the dealer has paid for it, or is paying for it. The point is that the dealer is losing money on it, as it sits there, either through depreciation, or finance charges, or merely that it's taking up space in a finite area. It may look nice, and may draw in customers, but it's certainly not making the dealership any money, just sitting there.

An ordered car, OTOH, may be built up more extravagantly, leaving more room for profit (by both Porsche itself and the dealer, I would guess). And there is not much overhead involved; I mean, the dealer forwards the order, and when the car arrives it does not take up space.

So there are differing factors here.

Back in the summer of 2017, when my wife and I were shopping at our sole local P-car dealer, the SA who was showing us around, and gave my wife a couple of test drives, said that they would discount lot car about 5%, lot cars from other dealerships that they could arrange to get there c. 2-3%, and ordered cars 0%. So that's one way to look at it.

As it turns out, when we were about to order a car -- elsewhere -- I gave him an opportunity to get in the ballpark, and that 0% magically crept up to 5 or 6%. But we still went elsewhere, at c. 8%. The point here is that there is almost a certain degree of BS involved.

And you have to factor in how long a lot car's been on the lot, not making money. Especially as the next model year approaches (or maybe even the end of the month approaches, if monthly sales quota are involved), the incentive to get rid of that car increases. There is no equivalent situation with an ordered car -- well, maybe there is, if quotas are involved, but it's not to the degree that a dealer will get stuck, as with a lot car that someday might turn into last year's model.

Finally, there may be quirks in certain localities. Atlanta comes to mind, where there seem to be two big dealerships that compete with each other, and seem to do so (from my reading) on ordered cars. We used one of them. In those cases, they may have decided to make a decent amount of money by giving very good discounts on orders, but making up for it in sheer volume. This is probably not an option for smaller cities, or at least one that most small dealerships choose not to use.

So I think what you encounter, in terms of discounts on lot vs. ordered cars, depends in large measure in the particular market you decide to deal in, and how long a lot car has been sitting there, and perhaps how likely it will sell (e.g., you'll probably get a better discount on a lot car that was all decked out, as you know how quickly those Porsche options add up).

A lot of things to consider. Good luck.

1101 - 1120 of 1158 Posts