Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The other danger is that people are often full of crap on the Internet. I got a discount and have had some troubles with my dealership; but I choose not to deal with them by posting on the Internet about it. There is nothing that can be gained from discussing either issue.

As someone mentioned on another thread, a relationship with a dealership is a two way street. I respect them, they respect me. We work out our differences privately and to everyone's satisfaction and hopefully have a long standing relationship.

·
Registered
546 Posts
The other danger is that people are often full of crap on the Internet. I got a discount and have had some troubles with my dealership; but I choose not to deal with them by posting on the Internet about it. There is nothing that can be gained from discussing either issue.

As someone mentioned on another thread, a relationship with a dealership is a two way street. I respect them, they respect me. We work out our differences privately and to everyone's satisfaction and hopefully have a long standing relationship.
Amen, there are enough games being played both ways with car deals. I have always kept my deals private. I deal in luxury products for a living and don't like games played on me. I am very keen to spot a "player" and actually hold my ground firm with pricing. Someone who is cool and looks like they will stick with me for a long haul business relationship will always get my best service and discounting.

At the end of the day, the Macan is such the beautiful car and in hot demand. When I have something that I cannot produce enough of why give big discounts, it does not make business sense.

Life is also too short for me to be playing dealers against each other and in the end getting a grand. All that time spent I'd lose 2 grand since I was not keeping my eye on my own businesses.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Amen, there are enough games being played both ways with car deals. I have always kept my deals private. I deal in luxury products for a living and don't like games played on me. I am very keen to spot a "player" and actually hold my ground firm with pricing. Someone who is cool and looks like they will stick with me for a long haul business relationship will always get my best service and discounting.

At the end of the day, the Macan is such the beautiful car and in hot demand. When I have something that I cannot produce enough of why give big discounts, it does not make business sense.

Life is also too short for me to be playing dealers against each other and in the end getting a grand. All that time spent I'd lose 2 grand since I was not keeping my eye on my own businesses.
I like discounts. If you dont like them, pay full price. But me I like to "feel" like I got a deal ;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
138 Posts
I managed to get about ~$2000 off MSRP for a car to be delivered next spring.

But having done this, I'm glad I didn't play one dealer vs. another (I just asked each dealer for the best deal they could provide). This is my first Porsche and it's only after making the deal that I have come to realize that buying a Porsche is different than buying most other car brands.

Since there are fewer dealers, I will probably be dealing with the same small set of people for sales and service as long as I continue buying the brand. Relationships matter far more here than if I was just buying a Lexus / BMW / Mercedes, etc.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I did not say I paid full price, I just will not disclose (I did not but that is all I will say ;))
SBU you prude!:x

·
Registered
665 Posts
I got $500 off list price, free carpet mats ($300) and free first service ($650).

This is my first Porsche and I ordered back in August from Porsche Centre Melbourne.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discount was $1,185.00. Got full Kelly Blue Book value for my trade-in (other dealers were trying to steal it for wholesale at around $4,000.00 less) and also got 1.79% rate for 72 months. Overall very happy given when I ordered.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: ranrey1

·
Registered
31 Posts
Porsche Macan S - fully loaded:
Original price in Switzerland CHF 124'570.00
Paid CHF 109'500* with company fleet rabate of 12.5%

*Yes I know, it's still FAR more than the US prices!

·
Registered
694 Posts
I like discounts. If you dont like them, pay full price. But me I like to "feel" like I got a deal ;)
I can haggle ok. The art of negotiation is something I do often. However, I like to have some leverage. The only leverage I can figure out with the Macan is that if I am happy, I will send referrals to them and I am already definitely interest, (if I can ever afford it) in adding a Cayman or 911 to the garage in the future. What leverage or bargaining points do we have when we order before ever negotiating any prices or trade, we are buying a car where the demand outnumbers the supply, and I think it is going to be a great car! I welcome any suggestions!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just remember - a good deal is a state if mind.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well said! My good deal was that the dealer paid Porsche Germany 3K for me to do ED, it was the best 3K of someones else's money I ever spent! ;)

The other little bit that I negotiated was no where nearly as dear as the ED! Something everyone on this forum needs to do once.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
The Macan S and the turbo are great buys for a Porsche. My co worker just bought a Cayman close to a Macan turbo MSRP.

I nearly bought a Cayenne with the VW V-6 a few years ago. The price was almost ten thousand more than my ordered S.
Thank you Porsche for both Macan S and Turbo. No matter what we all paid ,we have or soon will have a finely crafted sought after World class CUV.

Reactions: ranrey1

·
Registered
395 Posts
My good deal was that the dealer paid Porsche Germany 3K for me to do ED, it was the best 3K of someones else's money I ever spent!
Wow, that's a lot of blue pills, it will make your S.O. very happy for many years. ;)

41 - 60 of 1299 Posts