Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1293 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Even a few months ago, I was actually trying to squeeze in another 1k off... to make it 4k. lol :laugh:

Didn't hurt to ask again, right? And then I got the response, "you know mostly everyone else is paying sticker" >:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Even a few months ago, I was actually trying to squeeze in another 1k off... to make it 4k. lol :laugh:

Didn't hurt to ask again, right? And then I got the response, "you know mostly everyone else is paying sticker" >:D
****, where do you live?

I got $300 off my S in SF Bay area.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Also, I agree with rtarver. If you don't wan't responses from people who paid MSRP (or maybe even a premium) then the results you get will be skewed and misleading.
I agree. What's the point of only hearing about the ones who got discounts. No way to compare then. I called three dealers in NJ and got nothing. I realize I should have called others farther away from me.
I did get Porsche rubber mats, but I guess everyone does?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I agree. What's the point of only hearing about the ones who got discounts. No way to compare then. I called three dealers in NJ and got nothing. I realize I should have called others farther away from me.
I did get Porsche rubber mats, but I guess everyone does?
everyone gets rubber mats? i never heard this.

Reactions: skierdude

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Reactions: Steve2

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
63 Posts
I received 3.78% just outside of Los Angeles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Riverside Porsche. I got this discount partly because I'm a member of the PCA-OC.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Getting even a remotely decent loan APR over "the next guy" will probably net you a better "discount" than some of the little percentage savings over one another being showed here. I wouldn't sweat it for those who paid MSRP. Based on all the data posted online, and me calling and pressing countless Porsche dealers on the West Coast, 99% of Macan buyers are paying MSRP. Lots of guys are saying that dealers who were willing to negotiate earlier, are now finding less reason to do so. In popular cities like L.A and S.F, just about everyone is coming to the same conclusions of no discounts.

Point being, if you paid MSRP, I wouldn't feel bad about it, because those posting in this thread are a lucky minority, and will much more happily post a deal rather than an opposite thread where the majority of buyers who paid MSRP will feel "excited" to state it.

I also don't think that saying "xxxx on the internet got this deal" will help coax a dealer unwilling to deal in the first place, unless they're in direct competition. However, getting the name of the exact dealer who dealt will obviously put them in a position to have to fess up if you notify them that you "know" someone else got that deal from them.

I'll add: Based on my observations of the vast majority of dealers unwilling to deal on Macan's (and some people paying over MSRP on used models, or over by way of paying to move up a notch in a waiting line at some dealers), and how allocations are mostly sold out (i.e any remotely popular dealer won't be desperate, so your hope is that they're willing to sacrifice some profit in order to take business from the competition); I'd advise to tread lightly on bombarding these dealers with numerous random calls of "I heard you gave 1,2,3,4,5% off to someone". Considering the circumstances, I can see the dealers getting peeved and mandating to no longer discount Macan's if their deals "leaked" (if they're not happily transparent about it), since truly, most all don't "have to".

·
Registered
969 Posts
A little, since I'm a long time customer, but not enough. :)

The danger of this thread, IMHO, is that some may show up at named dealership with print out in hand, and demand the same % discount, not knowing or caring about other variables like prior purchases, relationships, trade-ins, lease terms....and so on. Not to mention the leg work and negotiating that occurred.

I'll pass on naming names. Good luck to new buyers.

21 - 40 of 1293 Posts