Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1106 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the benefit of people purchasing the Macan I think it would be great if people who have already made a deal can list what discount they received and at what dealer.

No need to name the SA, just the dealer and location. With this info we can all approach dealers and show that some are indeed receiving discounts and we can take our business elsewhere.

PLEASE DONT COMMENT TO SAY
YOU DIDNT GET A DISCOUNT

·
Registered
487 Posts
Park Place Porsche Dallas - waived the destination fee, waived 1k off price, threw in tint and floor matts.

Going to see if they can do the opticoat and clear bras for lights at a discount too once it gets here.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$1000 off MSRP... No penny discount on anything else nor any freebies... All I got was a fricking key chain with dealer information. I removed it immediately...
which dealer?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
To be fair (it's the scientist in me) is it fair to show that deals are being made and ask our dealer "why won't you discount when others are?" True, others are. But what if the reality is that only 5% of the deals made include a discount worth mentioning? Are we setting ourselves up for frustration when we think everyone is getting a deal and we aren't? I ask this because of the request to exclude deals that didn't have discounts.

I'm game for either way, but prefer to know the playing field. I'd hate to go in and leave in a tiff because I couldn't get a discount when I thought everyone else was getting one.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
For the benefit of people purchasing the Macan I think it would be great if people who have already made a deal can list what discount they received and at what dealer.

No need to name the SA, just the dealer and location. With this info we can all approach dealers and show that some are indeed receiving discounts and we can take our business elsewhere.

PLEASE DONT COMMENT TO SAY
YOU DIDNT GET A DISCOUNT

which dealer?
Sorry, I saw your original post update and do not care to reply. It is important to be more courteous when you post a request to fellow forum members.

Unfortunately this is not a one off in your case...

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
My dealer would not allow any discounts, the joy of living on an isolated island.

My solution was to pay a big deposit via credit card to get cash back. I could only do $2500 at a time though, that was their limit. I made it to $12500 before they decided I couldn't deposit anymore. I wanted to get to $30K-$40K, so that is disappointing.

Sort of my own fault. I didn't realize my SA was walking a grey area as far as deposits. He was out, and I asked his tag team member to add deposit... Think I got my SA in trouble. I honestly didn't know, or I would have just waited or come back the next day.

Oh well.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I saw your original post update and do not care to reply. It is important to be more courteous when you post a request to fellow forum members.

Unfortunately this is not a one off in your case....
I'm trying to compile a list for the benefit of people getting the best price they can on a car. I don't think saying you're happy that you payed full price has to do with the post topic, so I asked to exclude those posts. Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities. Next time I'll as pretty please with a cherry on top and sugar canes too. :x

·
Registered
691 Posts
3K off msrp here no matter what the final build was... I negotiated/secured it back in May when my build's msrp was 60,870. It was delivered just over a week ago and my msrp ended up as 66,685 due to adding many more options.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3K off msrp here... negotiated/secured it back in May and delivered just over a week ago.
Very nice! Thank you Stingray, may I ask where?

·
Registered
487 Posts
At park place porsche they had a white turbo there last week MSRP at 88k and they were about to sell it to me for 84k but i opted to wait for my custom build. just an fyi

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
My deal from yesterday was 5% off MSRP on a Macan S($3,050.75 off).
I ordered it at Porsche of Atlantic City, New Jersey. They were incredible to deal with!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
MSRP straight up

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sewickley Porsche - >5% off my Turbo in August. Full disclosure: Somebody else spec'd the car and then backed out when it arrived. So I was a bit lucky.

That said, I was able to negotiate a similar deal at two other dealers (TN & NC) without too much difficultly.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I suspect that not all of the numbers being quoted here will be strictly comparable to each other due to other factors. For example, was a trade-in involved? Did you finance through the dealer? Was the vehicle you purchased brand new, with only delivery mileage on the clock and zero test-drives by other people?

Also, I agree with rtarver. If you don't wan't responses from people who paid MSRP (or maybe even a premium) then the results you get will be skewed and misleading.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I suspect that not all of the numbers being quoted here will be strictly comparable to each other due to other factors. For example, was a trade-in involved? Did you finance through the dealer? Was the vehicle you purchased brand new, with only delivery mileage on the clock and zero test-drives by other people?

Also, I agree with rtarver. If you don't wan't responses from people who paid MSRP (or maybe even a premium) then the results you get will be skewed and misleading.
Fair enough... as for me:

- No trade-in involved.
- I arranged financing/approval through my preferred bank 3 days before delivery. (Note: I ordered/received my discount 171 days prior.)
- It was brand new since it was a special order for me and no other test-drives besides me.

1 - 20 of 1106 Posts