Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed these in my Macan, easy install and work fine. Got an email today they are running a sale.

AutoTecknic sale

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did smoke. Got a post on here somewhere. Look awesome on my volcano grey.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

I was able to find a set a little bit cheaper :) at Flat 6 Motorsports that I have already ordered for the new car.

With shipping and taxes I paid 69.45.

I always wanted to do this to my GTS when I had my Carmine Red one, and now that I am looking at the Mamba Green for my new GTS I think the clear side markers will look sharp.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I was just looking at this thread, now I kind of wished I ordered the smoked ones instead.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Here's Carmine Red with clears.
4752E708-D643-4AA9-B9AF-95044CD036C5.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I was just looking at this thread, now I kind of wished I ordered the smoked ones instead......
The clear side markers can always be tinted darker.

You could even go with a green tint film.....except I think an amber light and green film results in a brown color when illuminated. 😐

·
Registered
392 Posts
Like the look of the strip of LED’s rather than a bulb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the post. Just ordered mine. I had called them more than 6 months ago. They didn't know when the clear markers would arrive. I stopped checking after a few months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my smoked LED side markers from iJDMTOY (check Amazon or their site). They have smoked and clear LED side markers at great prices. And also have both with bulbs instead for less.

·
Registered
882 Posts
@flat6ix does this work on the 2020 macans also?

·
Supporting Vendor
745 Posts
@flat6ix does this work on the 2020 macans also?
Yes, all the Macans through 2021 use the same side marker.

FYI - We moved to the halogen bulb vs LED as some folks were reporting issues with faults, etc. It wasn't widespread but we don't want to offer a product that is going to have potential issues. I can't speak for other LED solutions out there but just wanted to add some insight on why we only offer the halogen ones now. All in all, we felt they look pretty similar lit up and during the day, they look the same. We'd rather have our clients have zero issues so we made the change. At the end of the day, a massive improvement over the ugly orange side markers from the factory!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yes, all the Macans through 2021 use the same side marker.

FYI - We moved to the halogen bulb vs LED as some folks were reporting issues with faults, etc. It wasn't widespread but we don't want to offer a product that is going to have potential issues. I can't speak for other LED solutions out there but just wanted to add some insight on why we only offer the halogen ones now. All in all, we felt they look pretty similar lit up and during the day, they look the same. We'd rather have our clients have zero issues so we made the change. At the end of the day, a massive improvement over the ugly orange side markers from the factory!
Nice! I have some LED bulbs any way its just T bulbs right?

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nice! I have some LED bulbs any way its just T bulbs right?
The Autotechnic side lights come with resistors to prevent error codes when using LED, presumably to increase the load. LED bulbs might throw error codes.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts