Porsche Macan Forum banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Headlamp

@Miras Don't believe they are Porsche Genuine unfortunately , Try the Original OEM Sellers and you may get lucky with a full kit Put together the Parts . I am going to do it soon as soon as I get some extra cash that i am ready to burn .

If your Car has PDLS+ they would work But from picture i can tell they are updated model which is not the right fit and I would not recommend those at all.

But hey I ain't your DAD so you do you mate ;) !
To be honest I don’t like how looks old headlights pdls+; I like headlight on Macan 2019. But this one doesn’t fit for my Macan 2015, unfortunately

· Vendor
910 Posts
In case it’s any consideration, I have another OEM 2015-2018 LED PDLS+ kit that I will be posting for sale soon :)

· Registered
19 Posts
Hello!
Has anyone installed these headlights?
From China. Is it possible to install? please share your opinion View attachment 259681
I have not seen this in other places - what I did is I used the current halogen housing and simply bought LED bulbs. The item you're looking at is expensive so I would take my time to make sure it would fit as should.

· Registered
3 Posts
Buonasera qualcuno saprebbe dirmi se per cambiare i fari anteriori di una Macan 2018 con PDLS, da Bi Xenon a fari a Led basta solo sostituire con nuovi fari o bisogna anche cambiare centraline/moduli e poi settarle. grazie

· Registered
3 Posts
Sorry i rewrite in English,
Good evening someone would be able to tell me if to change the front headlights of a 2018 Macan with PDLS, from Bi Xenon to LED headlights, you just need to replace with new LED headlights or you also need to change control units/modules and then set them.
thank you

· Registered
Macan S MY18
87 Posts
Bit the Bullet and Bought the brand new kit , I'll keep this thread posted . Paid $5500 (AUD) approx for GTS style Blacked out Pair with all associated Parts.

Part number : 95B04490091

· Registered
Macan S MY18
87 Posts
DRL do turn on but only for Locking and walking away .

LOW beam works as normal but error is on the screen and no High beam at all

All Parts confirmed Porsche genuine by Tech at the shop , he was very frustrated as well . its a heavy investment and now not working . I reached out to local Porsche dealer only one in my city but they are not playing ball of course .

Edit for Module part numbers :

2 X 9A790746300
2 X 9A794157200

Font Electronic device Technology Rectangle Metal

Computer Laptop Personal computer Netbook Output device

· Registered
2,384 Posts
I PM’d you… but it seems that the technician may had skipped the headlight commissioning process. Can you confirm with him? See instructions in post #54 of this thread. The process requires for tech to go “Maintenance of Vehicle Data” first, to select appropriate headlights… then go to Headlight Central and select Headlight Commissioning (it may be labeled “Startup” in PIWIS III, but not sure).

Then Automatic Coding.

If Headlight Commissioning is missed, the modules will not be coded appropriately.

If the tech had followed all instructions in post # 54 to the letter, then, it may be a hardware issue.

· Registered
2,384 Posts
@snipe I was able to grab some screenshots from PIWIS 3.

In PIWIS 3 version 38.250: go to headlight central, maintenance repairs and select Headlight Commissioning
Computer Personal computer Laptop Output device Product

Piwis 3 version 41.400.000, go to Headlight Central / Maintenance Repairs, then select Teach Headlights
Computer Personal computer Laptop Netbook Output device

Then, follow process:
Computer Personal computer Laptop Output device Netbook

· Registered
Macan S MY18
87 Posts
@Santirx No joy mate , he followed the procedure few times , It timed out on him at Commissioning the lights . he is using Pwis 3 with 39.XX version , he is wiling to give it one last try with Pwis 2 .i asked him about he controller and he is of the opinion that they are fine its the Light commissioning that is being troublesome , All components work on lights just individually . e.g. DRL's work when i exit the car and Lights work on Low beam with cornering Lights on all the time . another thing he mention4ed that his system does not connect ot PORSCHE online portal as it is not a law here so no access for indy's - is this something crucial for coding ?

No auto , no DRL's while driving , No cornering ect. ect.

On the side for anyone , just cant help but laugh at my situation . with all checking prepping and making sure to order the right parts and what not they still did not work .

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Just for Reference for Light number and module :

The control module is not the right one…. Apologies, I gave prior recommendations with the assumption that the correct modules were installed. I should’ve ask that before as well.

The one you show in the video ends with 329M, the correct module is 329T. If you have a Macan 2015 model and just moved this module from your old headlights to the LED ones, is not going to work. You need to source two 7PP.941.329T modules. That’s your problem. I would not even try PIWIS 2 until you address this.

Rectangle Font Fashion accessory Metal Monochrome

The other module seems like the right one (see below for reference):

Ballast module:
Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior

4-point LED module (this one is located inside):
Material property Font Electric blue Metal Fashion accessory

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Also, are you original headlights Halogen or Bi-Xenon?

You can‘t go from Halogen to LED without some massive modifications to wire harness and other things… complex and I have not done that,

You can only do this conversion seamlessly (once you have the right modules) from Bi-Xenon to LED.

· Registered
Macan S MY18
87 Posts
@Santirx Modules came with the light and I have 2018 S with Bi-xenon . I can try to get the modules for sure but why would they send me the wrong modules ? , would that be error on the seller part ?

· Registered
2,384 Posts
@Santirx Modules came with the light and I have 2018 S with Bi-xenon . I can try to get the modules for sure but why would they send me the wrong modules ? , would that be error on the seller part ?
I'm not sure. Did you confirm with the seller that these work before in a Macan? I would question the seller. When you do a quick search, you'll see that the 329M module is spec'd for Audi (different models) and Porsche Panamera. The only module that shows up for Macan LED is the 329T.

You do what you want... but I have my very strong suspicion that the 329M never worked with these LED headlights. Now, if you have a 2018S, what module do you have in the BiXenons you will be taking out? It probably is the 329T, then you can just swap them, and the recode them to the new headlight.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts