Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Part 1

When I bought my GTS CPO, one of the options missing that I would have liked was the LED headlights. Thanks to forum member Draper (great seller by the way) I picked up a set of LED headlights and just completed the swap myself and will need to get the headlights coded at the dealer (1hr).

The swap should take about an hour and I rate it a 2/10 as far as difficulty is concerned. For tools, you will need a 10mm wrench, 10mm socket with extension, short flat head screwdriver, T20 torx bit, painters tape and bowl for bolts.

You will first need to remove the 7 pins holding the dust covers around the headlight.

I could not pull the front dust cover out or just didn’t pull hard enough so I just taped it out of the way with the painters tape.

Next you will need to remove hose and wiring harness at the back of the headlight assembly.

Use the short flat head screwdriver to push up on the underside of the wiring harness to release the clip and then pull the harness out.

Use the 10mm wrench to remove the outer bolt

Use the 10mm socket with extension on the inner bolt

Remove the headlight seal by unscrewing the 4 T20 torx screws

Pull up on the front of the assembly a couple of inches to release and leave loose as the headlight washer assembly is still attached

Remove the headlight washer assembly by pulling on the wider clip, it will pop right out with surprisingly little pressure

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Part 2

Headlight completely removed

Drop in the new headlight at the 2 anchor points pop in headlight washer assembly and reverse above steps

Replace headlight seal with 4 T20 torx screws and make sure rubber seal is flush all around, especially around headlight washer

Use the 10mm socket with extension on the inner bolt

Use the 10mm wrench on the outer bolt

Reattach hose and wiring harness

Replace dust covers

Halfway done

Repeat same steps for other side, all done!

Now off to the dealer for the coding

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you so much for this post! I just bought a 2015 Macan Turbo and have been researching high and low how to switch my front headlights to the LED ones. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the dealer charge you for coding the the lights and is it necessary?

Also, do you happen to know the part number of the LED lights you used? When searching for them online I just want to make sure I purchase the correct ones! Thank you!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to Porsche the LED upgrade will only work on MY2016-2018 w/PDLS. You can enter your VIN on most Porsche parts sites to confirm compatibility. I believe there is someone on the forum that had a 2015 and did the upgrade without a problem despite the description saying it only worked on 2016-2018. Coding is about 1 hr of labor so cost is dealer dependent. Coding is definitely needed. You will get an error light and lights will not function optimally. Do you have PDLS on your turbo? Good luck!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice write up!

Did you happen to snap any pics of how the washer is attached on the other end?
I didn’t, only where it attaches to the headlight assembly. I don’t recall how deep the washer sits in there, I didn’t pull it up too far out of where it sits

·
Registered
81 Posts
I noticed the other day I had a small crack in my front passenger headlight. The light works fine, zero issues. I dealer wants to charge me a fortune to replace ($2600). I did some searching on ebay and see several used replacement lights for a lot cheaper than what the dealer wants to charge me for a new one.

How hard is it to replace the entire fixture? Are there any videos on this?

·
Super Moderator
4,451 Posts
I recently posted this URL in another thread:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes light basically pulls out at a 45 degree angle. When replacing you do have to make sure they seat properly. It will feel like a fairly snug whomp as it settles. There is an adjustment up/down lamp tilt port next to the lights on my 2016. I did tilt bulb up some as stock was too far down for me along with changing bulbs out to a brighter model, h7 extreme vision by Philips.

·
Vendor
905 Posts
One of the modules will swap over, but you will also need the LED specific control modules & LED fans (and also have the LED set coded)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks MacanCheez

The kit has the following:

2x module Led control units Mitsubishi Electric Matrix (9A794157200, 7PP941572AB)

2x module Led daytime running light module control units (7PP941597B)

2x fan fan for full LED headlights MATRIX LED (9A790746300, 8U0907463A)

Which is the one the 17 model cars already has?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
The control modules on the 16+ PDLS (xenon) cars is the same as the LED modules.

The black module on the side can be transferred.

·
Vendor
905 Posts
2017 already has the DRL modules beginning with “7PP”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 123 Posts