Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I bet if that sofa had the Porsche logo on it then it would cost 10K ! >:D

Yes but if you want seat cushions for the Porsche Sofa that's extra and arm rests ? Well that's another option . Question is does one opt for PASM and or AS for the sofa ?

Hmmm??? :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
And we would buy it, according to Car and Driver, along with Porsche badged yoga pants.:D

Reactions: ejvette

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
@ejvette $10K sounds low for a couch. This is over $5K by itself:
Porsche Seat Office Chair:Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories

@BatuKMan The full leather in Red/Black is the most striking feature of my car. EVERYONE comments about it. The quality is fantastic, and without question was money well spent. Even the inside of the door cubbies are leather! The deviated stitching looks amazing.

YMMV but honestly I don't regret it at all.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I actually like the alcantara inserts enough to feel that when I get into a leather optioned Macan (with 14's which are the exact same seat yet without extra controls), it seems a little less interesting (the seats). The "suede" two "tone" look/feel gets compliments all the time as well. I've jokingly told some friends that I paid $2K for the "suede" inserts (to see initial reactions) and they didn't bat an eye. It's not exactly GTS style, as the GTS instead takes the 18 way style seats (yet only comes standard with 8 ways on GTS cars) and puts alcantara in the same places yet soft leather around it, but fairly close and cool looking, imo.
@Hokie That's what I mean. I like the leather look (and smell), but in several years the leatherette and plastic surfaces will look as good as new, and if the leather starts to wear, imo it starts working against it. Some do like the "patina", however.

A couple of random benefits and cons of base seats or leather, via my observations:

-One area my base seats lack is that distinct Porsche leather smell. The car smells good, but not as "stimulating". This probably improves as you add more leather to the car.

-Base seats especially with alcantara probably save more weight than anything after a Pano roof. The lack of "ways", passenger memory settings and accompanying electronics as well as no steering adjustment motor probably save a decent bit.

Otherwise, speaking personally, I do find benefits to plastic/vinyl (and alcantara) over leather (durability, ease of care, less cows had to be skinned to make the car). But you'll know right away if that will factor in with you. Otherwise, like leaving out any other option, lack of leather feel/stitching/smell could lower your quality of experience with the car. So in that regard, like any other expensive option, it could be worth it's weight in gold.

Reactions: Hokie

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
-Base seats especially with alcantara probably save more weight than anything after a Pano roof. The lack of "ways", passenger memory settings and accompanying electronics as well as no steering adjustment motor probably save a decent bit.
Funniest thing I've read in a while from you K-A. You honestly think there is more then a couple of kilo weight difference between an 8 way seat and a 14 way seat vs a ~60 kilo pano roof. ROFL :D

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Funniest thing I've read in a while from you K-A. You honestly think there is more then a couple of kilo weight difference between an 8 way seat and a 14 way seat vs a ~60 kilo pano roof. ROFL :D

Oh god. Not the poo flinging again.

Not just the seat, but the entire PACKAGE. Comprehension (I even spelled it out in the exact line you quoted).

Of course I said "after" Pano roof.

The entire upper seat packages surely weigh a bit. Not just the seats. There are added motors (even for the steering wheel, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if maybe 20 to 30 lbs in total with the full leather packages over a bare 8 way package.

I remember seeing doc of stripping a car with a bunch of electronics apart. You'd be surprised at how much some of those motors thus even long wires being routed, can add up to.

Of course, this isn't to say it's a reason to get one or the other. Just technical.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Not sure about the weight of the leather vs microsuede (aka Alcantara) or how much the adjustment mechanism weighs but it's all about the pin holes. The 14/18 way perforated seats could hold umpteen more pounds with all the stuff that can get caught in the pin holes. Heck... I must have at least ten pounds of Starbucks coffee grind particles on my seat alone. >:D

Dang I'm funny :D

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Not sure about the weight of the leather vs microsuede (aka Alcantara) or how much the adjustment mechanism weighs but it's all about the pin holes. The 14/18 way perforated seats could hold umpteen more pounds with all the stuff that can get caught in the pin holes. Heck... I must have at least ten pounds of Starbucks coffee grind particles on my seat alone. >:D

Dang I'm funny :D
I had those pinholes on my Mercedes with cooled/heated/active bolster hugging/massaging seats. They drove me insane. I think I clogged them up using some sort of leather cleaner. Maybe that's why I find some relaxation factor in the "cheap seats". :D

Reactions: jaco

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Oh god. Not the poo flinging again.

Not just the seat, but the entire PACKAGE. Comprehension (I even spelled it out in the exact line you quoted).

Of course I said "after" Pano roof.

The entire upper seat packages surely weigh a bit. Not just the seats. There are added motors (even for the steering wheel, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if maybe 20 to 30 lbs in total with the full leather packages over a bare 8 way package.

I remember seeing doc of stripping a car with a bunch of electronics apart. You'd be surprised at how much some of those motors thus even long wires being routed, can add up to.

Of course, this isn't to say it's a reason to get one or the other. Just technical.
LOL, you take things way too personally. It was meant to be a light hearted reply.

I actually asked this question when I purchased my 911. The weight difference between an 8 way all the way up to an 18 way seat is maybe 5-10 lbs at the most. (Some weight I could personally stand to loose) The motors that run these things are fairly tiny. Look at the physics of it logically. It really doesn't take that much effort to move a bolster (which is essentially the difference between an 8 way seat and a 14 way). While I prefer not to have a pano roof given the location of the weight, I highly doubt 14-way seats are going to increase the time it takes to get to the local grocery store in my 4200 lb SUV.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Without being controversial in any way I am really curious as to what this preoccupation is with what chit weighs? I ordered AS to hold my fat azz will that also compensate for the extra weight of my leather? And now I'm feeling guilty ordering leather because I may be responsible for the death of an entire cow :crying:. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Nylon

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Without being controversial in any way I am really curious as to what this preoccupation is with what chit weighs? I ordered AS to hold my fat azz will that also compensate for the extra weight of my leather? And now I'm feeling guilty ordering leather because I may be responsible for the death of an entire cow :crying:. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
As per the factory, these are Austrian cows. I have the highest respect for them.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I had those pinholes on my Mercedes with cooled/heated/active bolster hugging/massaging seats. They drove me insane. I think I clogged them up using some sort of leather cleaner. Maybe that's why I find some relaxation factor in the "cheap seats". :D
Haaa ! Actually the "cheap seats" on the Macan are just fine. I almost got them because I actually like the way they look and feel but I really wanted the adjustability and lumbar. I have a long a-- commute . All seat choices on this car are pretty sweet. They sure do a good job of putting them things together.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Haaa ! Actually the "cheap seats" on the Macan are just fine. I almost got them because I actually like the way they look and feel but I really wanted the adjustability and lumbar. I have a long a-- commute . All seat choices on this car are pretty sweet. They sure do a good job of putting them things together.
For me the ventilated seats were a total must have option it gets really humid here in the summer.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
LOL, you take things way too personally. It was meant to be a light hearted reply.

I actually asked this question when I purchased my 911. The weight difference between an 8 way all the way up to an 18 way seat is maybe 5-10 lbs at the most. (Some weight I could personally stand to loose) The motors that run these things are fairly tiny. Look at the physics of it logically. It really doesn't take that much effort to move a bolster (which is essentially the difference between an 8 way seat and a 14 way). While I prefer not to have a pano roof given the location of the weight, I highly doubt 14-way seats are going to increase the time it takes to get to the local grocery store in my 4200 lb SUV.

C'mon my man. We both know via response style showcased that I'm not the one taking things personally. ;)

That's interesting. Makes sense. They do definitely reduce some weight, a little sounds right. The Macan will probably a little more than a 911. But certainly could be less than I assumed.

Some options we find too much benefit to care about weight. But it's always a perk to find savings out of things you didn't want to select anyway, which we seem to agree on. Every 100 lbs = 10 HP or .1 in the 1/4 mile, not to mention minute improvements across the board. Even on a car so heavy. ;)

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
For me the ventilated seats were a total must have option it gets really humid here in the summer.
Yes, you are correct. It does get humid during the Summer in your part of the world but it sure is beautiful. I spent quite some time in your nice little town on a few occasions.

Reactions: ejvette

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
C'mon my man. We both know via response style showcased that I'm not the one taking things personally. ;)
It's all in your my mind my friend. When you make good comments, as you did in another thread recently, I praised it. Try not to be so cynical. :D

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
It's all in your my mind my friend. When you make good comments, as you did in another thread recently, I praised it. Try not to be so cynical. :D

Who really cares. This banter is unimportant in every way imaginable, anyway.

Let's just stick to figuring out how much more the cooling seats motor and feature (which I believe is routed all the way to the back?) add. :D

And yes, before anyone anythings; that's a joke (even though and if technically meaningful).

21 - 40 of 62 Posts