Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wandering how much difference there is between the three different interior packages.

Standard interior has leather/alcantara seats, the standard interior with leather package adds full leather seats and the leather interior seems to add a porsche logo under the PCM.

Since there is no description in the configurator to whats added, can someone confirm?

How more premium does the interior feel with the different packages?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The leather packages are like most Porsche options ....overpriced eye candy. We test drove a pretty basic vehicle and when we sat in a turbo with full leather in the showroom the 1 single thing that grabbed both my eye and my wife's was the stitched leather across the top front of the dash. That really added a premium look to the interior and its always in your line of vision. So basically I'm paying $1740 so I can look at this patch of leather on my dash lol. It also includes I believe additional leather added to the seats which you can't tell the difference and the center console and door arm rests.

Reactions: BatuKMan

·
Registered
503 Posts
There is a marked difference between the standard and the full* leather option. Full leather adds leather to the whole of the top of the dash (the top/front of the dash has leather with the partial option) all of the door (including the deviated stitching at the top of the door), the front of the dashboard/glovebox, and the centre console. Everyone has there own valuation of worth but personally I am glad that @gobobbie talked me in to getting full leather. The interior is a lovely place to be regardless so it depends what matters to you.

*there are plenty more things you can have wrapped in leather btw.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, so the standard interior has plastic dash rather than a leather one?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks for the input, so the standard interior has plastic dash rather than a leather one?
Yes, the tactile/dimpled plastic. Partial adds leather to the first couple of inches of the dash top (as well as the door handles and more of the seats (in the U.S. At least)).

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

The standard interior the dash has that cheap plastic look yes. Depending on the interior color you chose .... for example black doesn't look as bad for some reason as the beige looks. I thinks its the way the sun reflects off the beige. Of course the full leather is certainly the way to go if costs are no option. I was already at my $$$ limits so I just did the partial leather.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, I think I'll have either the partial or full leather, the thing is getting out of budget...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The base price is appealing but once the options start to pile-up one sees that it's buying a true Porsche.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There was a lengthy thread about this topic many months ago, which included a chart showing exactly what was leather and what was not for each option, and also discussion about whether the outside portions of the seat covers were or were not really leather in the standard interior. I suggest you use the search function and find and review that thread.

Reactions: RJMcInnis

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried to use the function but got too many hits.

If someone remembers the title of the post or something to narrow the search it would be great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On the configurator under the summary tab there is an Information Icon on the right for the selected leather option which details exactly what is leather.

I agree the base package looks/feels cheap. If you are buying a Porsche you expect better quality and craftsmanship. While full leather is nice, I think the leather package makes a big difference, plus with full leather, that is a lot of leather to maintain and would be a little concerned w/ leather baking in the sun on top of the dash.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
The base plastics and rubbers are about as tactile and high quality as you'll find in a car. Part of me prefers them for their durability and carefree maintenance. Also I like when you can perceive the true underlying craftsmanship via core materials with no makeup.

However, the leather additions, especially the stitching along the front portion of the dash, definitely richen up the interior and add a Porsche essence.

I went with the base stuff because other things took budgetary precedence, and am really happy with the core quality exemplified. However, of course I recognize that the leather packages look and feel better. Though I'm not a fan of worn leather seats and such, so that may change after several years of use.

Reactions: WHT TGR

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Macan I sat in had the full leather trim, which did give it an upmarket feel however forking over €3000 it's too expensive to justify.

Maybe I can justify the Standard Interior with leather package which costs 50%.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
However, the leather additions, especially the stitching along the front portion of the dash, definitely richen up the interior and add a Porsche essence.
I wish they just offered that one piece as a stand alone option thats what i would have ordered.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The base plastics and rubbers are about as tactile and high quality as you'll find in a car. Part of me prefers them for their durability and carefree maintenance. Also I like when you can perceive the true underlying craftsmanship via core materials with no makeup.

I went with the base stuff because other things took budgetary precedence, and am really happy with the core quality exemplified. However, of course I recognize that the leather packages look and feel better. Though I'm not a fan of worn leather seats and such, so that may change after several years of use.
The Porsche configurator clearly states that w/ the standard interior, 14-way and 18-way seats are finished in smooth leather. Some Porsche guy told me (can't remember who) that's because they're available ventilated (perforated) and I guess you can't perforate mouse fur. Not PC or something.:)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
With Porsche I really think the Full Leather option is worth it. The cabin is where you spend all your time and dimpled/textured plastics however high quality they might be just don't jive with the Porsche brand. Alcantara is a nice alternative, however, until the Macan GTS arrives we are not going to see an Alcantara interior that does the Macan justice. The least I would do is go with the leather package.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Love me some leather... so this comment is not against leather upgrades, but I can't help but think that of all the options available, the leather ones probably have the highest % of profit for Porsche. I mean, I can get an entire leather sofa for the $1,740 they charge for a few pieces of leather!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Love me some leather... so this comment is not against leather upgrades, but I can't help but think that of all the options available, the leather ones probably have the highest % of profit for Porsche. I mean, I can get an entire leather sofa for the $1,740 they charge for a few pieces of leather!
I bet if that sofa had the Porsche logo on it then it would cost 10K ! >:D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts