Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yup- the Aussies will have that brand...
In case the Prince of Wales drops by.....

The bottle has his seal of approval on it !!

haha

·
Registered
878 Posts
Lexol Cleaner & Conditioner.
Dyson to vacuum the seats first, apply cleaner and wipe clean w/ MF towel. Wait 10 mins to completely air dry, apply conditioner.

chemical guys products r mediocre at best.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I ordered some of that Back 4 and . . . from reading here and a couple online reviews . . . it sounds incredible.

Eager to try it on the old MG and see how it does.

Thanks for the "heads up" !

·
Registered
58 Posts
For brand-new leather seats, do you know if Porsche has treated the leather with any protectant that could be removed with some of the products that are mentioned here? I'm getting full leather in Agate Grey.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Been using this stuff on my boots for years

Brick 4. Google it. Awesome stuff.
This is the best leather conditioner ever, I have used it on Boots, dress shoes, furniture and auto upholstery, I would not use any thing else. I also use Brick 1 cleaner and I usually purchase the kit that includes both and some buffing material.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is the best leather conditioner ever, I have used it on Boots, dress shoes, furniture and auto upholstery, I would not use any thing else. I also use Brick 1 cleaner and I usually purchase the kit that includes both and some buffing material.
I just discovered they now have a Bick 5 formula which comes in a spray bottle. The Bick 4 is a creamy solution in a pop top bottle. I think the spray would be easier to use on a vehicle interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Lexol Cleaner & Conditioner.
Dyson to vacuum the seats first, apply cleaner and wipe clean w/ MF towel. Wait 10 mins to completely air dry, apply conditioner. ...
That is NOT what the instruction state on my Lexol products. I wish it were that easy, I'd do it much more often.

·
Premium Member
5,832 Posts
The leather in the car is sealed/painted so no need for leather conditioning.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
The leather in the car is sealed/painted so no need for leather conditioning.
If you never sit on the seats.
;)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
With ventilated seats s/b applied sparingly (both cleaner & conditioner) Avoid clogging any hold or having glops of stuff sucked down into seat mechanism. (Seat ventilation literally sucks, does not blow.)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I use Lexol on the leather portion, and since we have the Alcantara inserts, I just a use horsehair brush on them. If the inserts ever need any real cleaning, I have some Sonax Alcantara cleaner.

·
Registered
878 Posts
That is NOT what the instruction state on my Lexol products. I wish it were that easy, I'd do it much more often.
that is what it says...

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
You left out steps

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use Lexol on the leather portion, and since we have the Alcantara inserts, I just a use horsehair brush on them. If the inserts ever need any real cleaning, I have some Sonax Alcantara cleaner.
Sorry. I know this thread is a bit old but I'm curious how you manage to treat the leather that's adjacent to the Alcantara inserts. How do you apply the Lexol without getting any on the Alcantara?
Thanks.

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry. I know this thread is a bit old but I'm curious how you manage to treat the leather that's adjacent to the Alcantara inserts. How do you apply the Lexol without getting any on the Alcantara?
Thanks.
Very carefully, by applying a little bit to a clean microfiber cloth corner to get up close to the edge of the leather and Alcantara.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very carefully, by applying a little bit to a clean microfiber cloth corner to get up close to the edge of the leather and Alcantara.
Thanks for the reply. I think I might try to devise some sort of thin tool to slide between the two materials. If I come up with something I'll post some photos.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts