Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What leather conditioner are owners using to keep the leather soft to avoid creasing ? This is especially in regard of the side thigh and flank bolsters.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I use chemical guys sprayanle leather every wash and vacuum every week, and their cleaner and conditioner once a month or so.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
What leather conditioner are owners using to keep the leather soft to avoid creasing ? This is especially in regard of the side thigh and flank bolsters.[/QUOT

I use Leatherique conditioner and cleaner. Excellent for keeping leather soft and flexible with a low sheen.

Regarding eliminating creases unless your lighter than air those are going to happen crossing the bolsters.

Good luck😉

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bick 4. Google it. Awesome stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use auto glym cleaner and balm on my leather and they also do a tyre gel which I find long lasting.
My 18 way bolsters are in perfect condition, but only 12 months old today. Also my entry and exit technique barley touches bolsters if at all. Available at Repco stores.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Lexol cleaner & conditioner for me as well.

On detailing forums you read about a few top brands but many comment on the nice leather smell.

I prefer little to no smell & Lexol does not smell strong... even soon after application.

IDK if it will prevent creases but I hope it will delay cracking.

I only use it 1-2x/year. Probably s/b applied more frequently. But my car seats stay clean.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Are any of these odour free or at least a pleasant odour ?

Turtle wax's shine and seal (for the paintwork) for example smells great !

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Thanks guys. Are any of these odour free or at least a pleasant odour ?

Turtle wax's shine and seal (for the paintwork) for example smells great !
I don't have any experience with Passier Lederbalsam that @[email protected] mentioned (post #6 ), but reading the Amazon reviews* (www.amazon.com/Passier-Lederbalsam-500-Sohn-GmbH/dp/B003NYF6CM) of the product, a lot of the reviewers commented positively about its smell.

* (Of course, keeping in mind, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't have any experience with Passier Lederbalsam that @[email protected] mentioned (post #6 ), but reading the Amazon reviews* (www.amazon.com/Passier-Lederbalsam-500-Sohn-GmbH/dp/B003NYF6CM) of the product, a lot of the reviewers commented positively about its smell.

* (Of course, keeping in mind, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln)

I’ve been using the Passier Lederbalsam from day one and it has been great for me. Plus, it does have an odor that brings out the leather fragrance. Other conditioners have artificial or chemical odors but this one smells like natural leather.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My car is always parked underground. I've yet to see any ware or creasing on my Macan GTS seats after 3 years nor have I undertaken any leather conditioning. I'm wondering when I should start.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Auto Glym I mentioned earlier has a pleasant smell, maybe a bit like new leather I guess. And easy to use ,wipe/ rub on ,leave while you wash car,wheels,or vacuum etc buffs off to a non shiny finish and leaves the seats like the day you drove out of the showroom. I use the cleaner after a road trip then the balm. In between just the balm as the seats aren’t dirty. I also use it on the dash leather and steering wheel.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Auto Glym I mentioned earlier has a pleasant smell, maybe a bit like new leather I guess. And easy to use ,wipe/ rub on ,leave while you wash car,wheels,or vacuum etc buffs off to a non shiny finish and leaves the seats like the day you drove out of the showroom. I use the cleaner after a road trip then the balm. In between just the balm as the seats aren’t dirty. I also use it on the dash leather and steering wheel.
Thanks, I’ll give it a whirl !

1 - 20 of 40 Posts