Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
I was at a stoplight a couple of weeks ago - 2 or 3 lanes that bottleneck into a single
entrance ramp and I'd used the Hold function. When the light turned green I hit the
gas pedal pretty aggressively in order to get ahead of the pack. My son had not seen
such acceleration in the Macan and exclaimed his surprise.

He didn't know such a heavy vehicle could move from a stop so quickly.

:eek:

>:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have noticed my LC not engaging at seemingly random times, but I’ve since theorized that the oil temp must be in the 170°s or better. Anyone else notice this (2017 MT)? It will not activate with water temp at 200 and oil temp at @125°.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've only done the launch control once, last summer, when I was abroad. I didn't disengage traction control - just Sport+, brake, gas, it says something on the display, release brake.

My wife was with me, and even with now years of driving the Macan we didn't expect how rather brutal it was. I am definitely curious to try it on our 911, but here in Switzerland I'm not quite sure where it can be safely done :)

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
I have noticed my LC not engaging at seemingly random times, but I’ve since theorized that the oil temp must be in the 170°s or better. Anyone else notice this (2017 MT)? It will not activate with water temp at 200 and oil temp at @125°.

My understanding is that your engine's oil is not considered to be 'warmed up' til it
reaches a temperature of 180F.

Why would you want to subject your Macan's drivetrain to the (high level of) stresses
of launch control before the oil has reached 'optimum' operating temperature?

:eek:

121 - 132 of 132 Posts