Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Happy Dance! I figured out how to use Launch Control. My wife wasn't expecting it. I scared the heck out of her. >:D

·
Super Moderator
2,190 Posts
I was at a stoplight a couple of weeks ago - 2 or 3 lanes that bottleneck into a single
entrance ramp and I'd used the Hold function. When the light turned green I hit the
gas pedal pretty aggressively in order to get ahead of the pack. My son had not seen
such acceleration in the Macan and exclaimed his surprise.

He didn't know such a heavy vehicle could move from a stop so quickly.

:eek:

>:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have noticed my LC not engaging at seemingly random times, but I’ve since theorized that the oil temp must be in the 170°s or better. Anyone else notice this (2017 MT)? It will not activate with water temp at 200 and oil temp at @125°.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've only done the launch control once, last summer, when I was abroad. I didn't disengage traction control - just Sport+, brake, gas, it says something on the display, release brake.

My wife was with me, and even with now years of driving the Macan we didn't expect how rather brutal it was. I am definitely curious to try it on our 911, but here in Switzerland I'm not quite sure where it can be safely done :)

·
Super Moderator
2,190 Posts
I have noticed my LC not engaging at seemingly random times, but I’ve since theorized that the oil temp must be in the 170°s or better. Anyone else notice this (2017 MT)? It will not activate with water temp at 200 and oil temp at @125°.

My understanding is that your engine's oil is not considered to be 'warmed up' til it
reaches a temperature of 180F.

Why would you want to subject your Macan's drivetrain to the (high level of) stresses
of launch control before the oil has reached 'optimum' operating temperature?

:eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh and i did break the launch control when i engage now it just makes a terrible slipping/grinding noise. Anyone have this happen?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh my god... I thought launch control in my 981 Cayman GTS was something, but the Macan Turbo is savage! Grinning ear to ear :)

/R

My Porsche pics on Instagram: the_porsche_rich

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, my 2017 turbo with sport chrono LC doesn’t seem to activate. Sport plus, in D, left foot on brake and right foot on accelerator pedal but the LC doesn’t activate? Am I doing something wrong? Cars booked in to Porsche on the 30th to have this checked

·
Registered
94 Posts
Make sure pedal pushed all the way to the floor....

My Porsche pics on Instagram: the_porsche_rich

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2017 turbo LC won’t activate! Engine warm, in drive, sport plus, press foot on brake and hold throttle... the car revs to around 2,000 rpm and tried to creep forward. The car is still under warranty so I plan to have this looked at once the lock down is over. Is this a common fault, why doesn’t it work?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Sport Plus mode on.
Press the brake down (left foot) all the way and hold it there.
Press the accelerator down (right foot) all the way to the floor until it reaches 5000 rpm. Launch Control message will show up. Pull your left foot off the brake, and have fun.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts