Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
Created a new Porsche Code that includes the above changes, subject to the substitution of the 18-way seats (which is all but assured). Total price is a corrected $89,790.
PMMWPLH6
It's perfect . It's beautifully configured at an ideal price. Enjoy in the best of health .

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Went into the dealership today and, as expected, my wife chose the 18-way seats. "Fit me like a glove" she said after making her adjustments. Did not make any other changes, so our build ( PMMWPLH6 ) was confirmed, as our SA printed and gave us a copy of the final Build Sheet. Now the long wait begins...SA looked it up on his computer and it said, according to Porsche, we can expect a delivery date of November 20th, or thereabouts. Going to be a long five months!

·
Registered
504 Posts
@JRB, very sharp and clean build with no rookie mistakes noted (by me). I have not read the entire thread but I wonder if you considered the Ionizer that actually dropped (a shocker) in price (from $400 to $350) for 2021. I paid full $400 for it on a 2020 Cayenne and really like it since it produces noticeably fresh air illusion for the price. Also, I find $300 Sun Blinds for Rear Windows very useful in case you have not considered those. All the best to you on the remainder of the new Macan GTS journey.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Went into the dealership today and, as expected, my wife chose the 18-way seats. "Fit me like a glove" she said after making her adjustments. Did not make any other changes, so our build ( PMMWPLH6 ) was confirmed, as our SA printed and gave us a copy of the final Build Sheet. Now the long wait begins...SA looked it up on his computer and it said, according to Porsche, we can expect a delivery date of November 20th, or thereabouts. Going to be a long five months!
Excellent choice with the 18-way seats! Congratulations - and don't worry, the months will pass quickly. At least you have something to look forward to!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
@JRB, very sharp and clean build with no rookie mistakes noted (by me). I have not read the entire thread but I wonder if you considered the Ionizer that actually dropped (a shocker) in price (from $400 to $350) for 2021. I paid full $400 for it on a 2020 Cayenne and really like it since it produces noticeably fresh air illusion for the price.
The ionizer was $350 on my 2020 GTS build as well....

And I agree with you about liking the "fresh air" smell from an ionizer. In addition, if you have the air suspension/Sports Chrono/and at least LCA the option, I believe by adding the ionizer, you will have an even 4 lower buttons on each side of the center console!

1st world issue....I know!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The ionizer was $350 on my 2020 GTS build as well....

And I agree with you about liking the "fresh air" smell from an ionizer. In addition, if you have the air suspension/Sports Chrono/and at least LCA the option, I believe by adding the ionizer, you will have an even 4 lower buttons on each side of the center console!

1st world issue....I know!
More buttons you say? Gotta have it now!!! ;)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Still agonizing over final options on our 2021 GTS, but I believe I've settled on a "final final" build. Again, color (WHITE!) is the one mandatory option that my wife has final say over, which is perfectly reasonable since she will be the primary driver of the new Macan GTS. So I'm doing the best I can to maximize her driving enjoyment while owning and driving her new 'sports machine'... while I will be the occasional "Porsche driver person" in the family.

This will be our second Porsche, the first being a 2015 Macan S that she absolutely loved. I'm confident that the updated (2021) GTS will lead to a renewed love affair with the Porsche brand. Again I'm pretty sure our final build is determined, but before committing "final" to the dealer, all comments are welcome!

PMNYZ2Z0

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
With our order set to freeze in a couple of weeks our SA suggested one final review in case it locks a little early. Needless to say, this ended up costing us more money! But I'm confident in the long run they will be worthwhile niceties to have, and will make our ownership experience that much better.
We ended up going with the "Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel" (+$310), and (with further deliberation) added back in the "Roof Rails in High Gloss Black" (+$410).
And, at the SA's suggestion, we went with the "Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum, Illuminated" which should add a nice touch when opening the door(s) to enter the vehicle:
1596583608937.png

1596583608937.png

So our "final - final" build is here: PMKX4T51
And as always, comments welcome...but no further changes will be made!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I personally love the door sills that light up. In my old one the GTS lit up in red I want to say. I have ordered this option as well on the new one but in carbon fiber again. There was something about seeing this at night that made me smile.

It looks like you have a beautiful GTS on order. I can’t wait to see her in the flesh when you get it. Are you a September build as well?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I personally love the door sills that light up. In my old one the GTS lit up in red I want to say. I have ordered this option as well on the new one but in carbon fiber again. There was something about seeing this at night that made me smile.

It looks like you have a beautiful GTS on order. I can’t wait to see her in the flesh when you get it. Are you a September build as well?
Thanks Jellybean, and yes it is scheduled to be built in September. My SA told me that ours is the first 2021 GTS order that they placed, which surprised me a little because the dealership (Porsche Minneapolis) is quite large, with a new and beautiful building.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
With our order set to freeze in a couple of weeks our SA suggested one final review in case it locks a little early. Needless to say, this ended up costing us more money! But I'm confident in the long run they will be worthwhile niceties to have, and will make our ownership experience that much better.
We ended up going with the "Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel" (+$310), and (with further deliberation) added back in the "Roof Rails in High Gloss Black" (+$410).
And, at the SA's suggestion, we went with the "Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum, Illuminated" which should add a nice touch when opening the door(s) to enter the vehicle:
View attachment 233426
View attachment 233426
So our "final - final" build is here: PMKX4T51
And as always, comments welcome...but no further changes will be made!
In Minneapolis you will NEVER regret the heated steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Should be standard equipment for cars sold here!
P.S. This will be the first vehicle I've owned that has a heated windshield - that will be welcomed as well.
Having gone to college in Duluth MN I often commuted on my BSA motorcycle. My present Ducati has heated grips. We learn as we go.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Having gone to college in Duluth MN I often commuted on my BSA motorcycle. My present Ducati has heated grips. We learn as we go.
I grew up in Duluth. I recall one winter that it snowed so much that the city wanted everyone to stick a ball into the top of their radio antennas so drivers could see that a car was approaching on the other side of the snowbank!

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
I grew up in Duluth. I recall one winter that it snowed so much that the city wanted everyone to stick a ball into the top of their radio antennas so drivers could see that a car was approaching on the other side of the snowbank!
Sometimes It hits Close to 55 degrees below zero. I would take winter quarters off from school to work at Lutsen as ski patrol. When it got that cold we would paint Fast Ski on our shovels and go racing. Porsche should have a winter outpost there for testing vehicles.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts