Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for your comments, SoCalS5. I have the auto high beam assist on the Audi and find it very useful. So I think over our projected Macan ownership period the added $420 will be well worth it.
I put a small deposit down last night, so now the long wait begins. Hoping the factory resumes operation soon!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
@JRB: I am also from MN so happy to help if I can. I assume you are buying it from Porsche of Minneapolis. Those guys are amazing when servicing my car. My sales advisor now works for Porsche of Saint Paul but the service guys at Minneapolis are fantastic.

My 2cents: LKA is useless. PTV+ is nice but based on what I read about your driving style and knowing the roads here in the Twin Cities you will never need it. But again, it is up to you. Just to be clear, I am not saying PTV+ is not good but saying you won't miss it based on your driving needs.

I have the Spyder wheels on my S. I bought a set of 18" BBS wheels and tires from Tire Rack that I swap in the winter. Although I don't like the look of the car with them on I have to say they are extremely helpful in our winter conditions here. In 5 years driving my Macan I never had any issues in driving under our conditions here.

PM me if you want to talk more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
About to pull the trigger on a 2020 GTS and would greatly appreciate any and all comments/criticisms/suggestions before submitting our build to the local dealer. My wife will be the primary driver, and about the only requirement as far as she is concerned is that it must come in white! This will be our second Macan, as we previously owned a 2015 S, which she loved and now misses very much!

Our Porsche Code is: The Porsche Code
I think its a great build. I wish I had gotten white, my Mahogony looks dirty when I get home from the car wash. My only comment on your build is to consider the air suspension option if you ever drive on dirt roads camping and such. It works great, and I've heard from pros that those wheels with air suspension is the best combo for performance handling.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Walter3, thanks for the suggestion but the Air Suspension is included on the new GTS as standard equipment. I believe it should provide a better ride especially with the 21" wheel and tire package that I've ordered.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Really like the white with painted black door handles, black Sport Design mirrors, and black roof rails to go with the black and silver Spyder wheels. Lots of good contrasts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks, SportDesign. My wife wanted white, as her last two vehicles were black. When I delved deep into the options, I found that adding the black contrast items made a big improvement in the overall look. Also I've never been a fan of all-black wheels, and was glad to see they offered the 21" Spyders as an option. Again, a nice contrast with the white body.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
l
Our SA has informed us that our GTS will be a 2021 model, with a September build, and we couldn’t be more excited! This gives us a couple of months to consider, and possibly make, a few final changes to what we’ve put together so far (see: PMUF61W5).

In particular, I am wondering about:
  • Sport Chrono. It would be interesting to know how often those who have it actually use it? We would rarely, if ever, race the car from a dead stop, so the stopwatch and launch control would be of little or no value. But having the Sport Plus mode available is intriguing. My wife (principal driver of the Macan) did enjoy the performance of the regular Sport button in our 2015 Macan S, so the Sport Plus figures to be a solid notch above that? Not just the engine, but the gearbox and chassis? Sounds fun, but likely occasional use only! One question I have is, how attractive (valuable) would it be to have Sport Chrono on the GTS when it comes to sell or trade it in? Would most potential buyers consider this a “must have” option on a performance model like the GTS? Or might it actually give potential buyers pause, figuring the seller probably made full use of the highest performance setting and routinely drove it like he didn't own it? Again, interested in your thoughts, especially from those of you who now have it on their GTS, how often you use it, how valuable you find it to be considering the added $1,380 cost.
  • Sport Design Mirrors in High Gloss Black. I’m questioning if these add or retract from the overall look, and if I should just go with the regular all white sport mirrors, so as to fully match the body color. I’ve already added the roof rails and door handles in high gloss black, and the side blades are black, and there is black in the 21” Spyder Design Wheels, all which add contrast to the Carrera White body. So I’m questioning whether the half black/half white sport mirrors are a bit too much. There is no price difference if I were to change to the all white mirrors, so it’s purely a matter of what looks best, considering the overall look of the exterior build. Opinions?
  • Seats. Considering upgrading to the 18 way seats for an added $380. Love the near infinite adjust ability, but I have some concerns about the comfort level (fit). I suppose the only way to know for sure is for each of us to pay a visit to the dealer and try them both! The other concern with the 18 ways is the potential wear on the left side bolster from getting in and out? Would appreciate any comments on this as well.
Other than these three items, I’m pretty locked in to the build as otherwise created. Again, any further comments would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
200 Posts
l
Our SA has informed us that our GTS will be a 2021 model, with a September build, and we couldn’t be more excited! This gives us a couple of months to consider, and possibly make, a few final changes to what we’ve put together so far (see: PMUF61W5).

• Sport Chrono. It would be interesting to know how often those who have it actually use it? We would rarely, if ever, race the car from a dead stop, so the stopwatch and launch control would be of little or no value. But having the Sport Plus mode available is intriguing. My wife (principal driver of the Macan) did enjoy the performance of the regular Sport button in our 2015 Macan S, so the Sport Plus figures to be a solid notch above that? Not just the engine, but the gearbox and chassis? Sounds fun, but likely occasional use only! One question I have is, how attractive (valuable) would it be to have Sport Chrono on the GTS when it comes to sell or trade it in? Would most potential buyers consider this a “must have” option on a performance model like the GTS? Or might it actually give potential buyers pause, figuring the seller probably made full use of the highest performance setting and routinely drove it like he didn't own it? Again, interested in your thoughts, especially from those of you who now have it on their GTS, how often you use it, how valuable you find it to be considering the added $1,380 cost.
  • Sport Design Mirrors in High Gloss Black. I’m questioning if these add or retract from the overall look, and if I should just go with the regular all white sport mirrors, so as to fully match the body color. I’ve already added the roof rails and door handles in high gloss black, and the side blades are black, and there is black in the 21” Spyder Design Wheels, all which add contrast to the Carrera White body. So I’m questioning whether the half black/half white sport mirrors are a bit too much. There is no price difference if I were to change to the all white mirrors, so it’s purely a matter of what looks best, considering the overall look of the exterior build. Opinions?
  • Seats. Considering upgrading to the 18 way seats for an added $380. Love the near infinite adjust ability, but I have some concerns about the comfort level (fit). I suppose the only way to know for sure is for each of us to pay a visit to the dealer and try them both! The other concern with the 18 ways is the potential wear on the left side bolster from getting in and out? Would appreciate any comments on this as well.
Other than these three items, I’m pretty locked in to the build as otherwise created. Again, any further comments would be greatly appreciated!
The Sport Chrono option will give you this control knob on the steering wheel. When you push the center button you will get 20 seconds of Sports+ performance instantly. Without this option, you will have to push the button on the center console while you're driving.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for that, jacobt. Pretty convenient to have in right there, when a 20 second boost can be called for "on demand" with a push of the conveniently located button.
But can the GTS otherwise trigger the "Sports+" mode by pushing a button on the center console array? (not the 20 second boost, but one that activates Sports+ which remains active until you decide to turn it off?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Seats. Considering upgrading to the 18 way seats
I'm so excited for you - no doubt, you'll have a ball once your Macan arrives. Regarding seats - subjectively speaking, I adore the 18-way (and found them more comfortable compared to the excellent 14-way). I definitely wouldn't recommend the base 8-way though - too basic in my opinion. Still, seats are a very personal thing - I have quite a tall and slender build, and I enjoyed how the 18-way seats hugged my body. Others may feel differently about this. Thankfully, I was able to sit in both the 14 and 18-way seats in the showroom (pre-COVID), do you have this option at the moment?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
"Thankfully, I was able to sit in both the 14 and 18-way seats in the showroom (pre-COVID), do you have this option at the moment?"
Thanks so much for your reply, SJG, No, as of now our build is specifying the 14-way's, but pending a visit to the dealer to try both, we very well could end up with the 18-way's. I will try to schedule a visit to the dealer so that each of us can try each option, just to be sure we pick the right one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
"Thankfully, I was able to sit in both the 14 and 18-way seats in the showroom (pre-COVID), do you have this option at the moment?"
Thanks so much for your reply, SJG, No, as of now our build is specifying the 14-way's, but pending a visit to the dealer to try both, we very well could end up with the 18-way's. I will try to schedule a visit to the dealer so that each of us can try each option, just to be sure we pick the right one.
Either way, whether you choose the 14 or 18-way - they're both superb options. Good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
This video about the 2020 Porsche Macan GTS by Nick Murray would probably be interest of you: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I am very late to the thread .

1) Sport Chrono - It truly makes the PDK system complete to have all three capabilities . Plus the sport response button is new in the Macan but I have it in my 911 GTS and love it for a hard passing feature .

2) Sport Design mirrors - It's purely cosmetic . I have them on my Macan but did not have them on the last 3 Macans. They are nice to look at but not really a must have feature .

3) 18 way seats are my favorite . 8 way are the cheapest and acceptable . 14 was are my least favorite . The motors actually make the padding feel more firm than the 8 way and there is no real sporty snugness in them (found in the 18 way). I have had all three BTW.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for that, jacobt. Pretty convenient to have in right there, when a 20 second boost can be called for "on demand" with a push of the conveniently located button.
But can the GTS otherwise trigger the "Sports+" mode by pushing a button on the center console array? (not the 20 second boost, but one that activates Sports+ which remains active until you decide to turn it off?
Without the Sport Chrono option, you don’t get the Sport+ mode. You only get the Sport button on the center console.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Personally, I would not buy a Porsche model like the GTS without Sport Chrono. Performance is part of the allure of owning a Porsche, even if it's only an SUV.

IMO, I feel the Sport Design Mirrors in High Gloss Black is the best of all the mirror choices. I like the "exotic car" look of the "V" Sport Design mirror base, and I like how the gloss black paint helps minimizes the size of the overall mirror. In addition, it matches the gloss black trim around the door glass. It might be too much black though with those black door handles....which will get all scratched up with continued use. I'd stick with the body colored door handles, especially since they will be white....which hides scratches best.

You are buying a GTS, the sportiest Macan. And the sportiest model deserves the sportiest seats....18 way. Unless you are a "large" person or have back problems (the seats are a little more difficult getting in & out of), then I'd go with the 14 way seats. I'm 5' 11", 170 lbs with an athletic build, and I fit in the 18 way seats just fine. My daily driven GTS is over two years old now, and my drivers seat looks just fine.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue Metallic, AgateGrey/Pebble w Carbon Fiber
18 Posts
Personally, I would not buy a Porsche model like the GTS without Sport Chrono. Performance is part of the allure of owning a Porsche, even if it's only an SUV.

IMO, I feel the Sport Design Mirrors in High Gloss Black is the best of all the mirror choices. I like the "exotic car" look of the "V" Sport Design mirror base, and I like how the gloss black paint helps minimizes the size of the overall mirror. In addition, it matches the gloss black trim around the door glass. It might be too much black though with those black door handles....which will get all scratched up with continued use. I'd stick with the body colored door handles, especially since they will be white....which hides scratches best.

You are buying a GTS, the sportiest Macan. And the sportiest model deserves the sportiest seats....18 way. Unless you are a "large" person or have back problems (the seats are a little more difficult getting in & out of), then I'd go with the 14 way seats. I'm 5' 11", 170 lbs with an athletic build, and I fit in the 18 way seats just fine. My daily driven GTS is over two years old now, and my drivers seat looks just fine.
Agree, the Sport Chrono is a must have in a GTS, and I believe it will get more value back in a resale. As to the 18 way seats, I have them specifically for the thigh extension. They are great seats but they won’t work for everyone and you should try before you buy.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
My 2cents: LKA is useless. PTV+ is nice but based on what I read about your driving style and knowing the roads here in the Twin Cities you will never need it. But again, it is up to you. Just to be clear, I am not saying PTV+ is not good but saying you won't miss it based on your driving needs.
I agree with you on LKA being useless, but many have said PTV+ does improve traction in Winter conditions since it varies the torque distribution via an electronically regulated rear differential lock.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks to everyone who has commented and provided me with their recommendations. Very much appreciated. As a result I've decided on the following:

1. Adding Sport Chrono. Loved all the comments in support of this. (+$1,380)
2. Retaining the SportDesign mirrors in High Gloss Black; deleting the Door Handles in High Gloss Black (-$350)
3. Seats: have sent an email to our SA requesting an appointment to sample the 18 way's and the 14 way's. My wife is small, so I expect she'll want to switch, especially considering the modest additional cost (+$380).

So if we opt for the 18 way's these changes will add a total of $1,410 to the overall cost, for a total of $89,810...just barely keeping it under the psychologically important $90,000 threshold. ;) But I have a good feeling it'll be well worth it!

Again, thanks to everyone here for your very helpful comments!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Created a new Porsche Code that includes the above changes, subject to the substitution of the 18-way seats (which is all but assured). Total price is a corrected $89,790.
PMMWPLH6

21 - 40 of 51 Posts