Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure about Londsor ... but Yanhua can do 991 .. 2012+ with ease, no problems at all, I do it all the time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure about Londsor ... but Yanhua can do 991 .. 2012+ with ease, no problems at all, I do it all the time
So can you program a key for a 15 Macan S? I’d like to buy a cheap key on eBay to program and put in the car for the 12 volt solutions remote start kit that’s out. It would be highly appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
So can you program a key for a 15 Macan S? I’d like to buy a cheap key on eBay to program and put in the car for the 12 volt solutions remote start kit that’s out. It would be highly appreciated! Thank you!
which city are you located?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Key 958-637-947-02: $205 @ Gaudin Las Vegas.... but similar proces at multiple online Porsche parts dealers
Labor: 1 hour @ local dealer ($182/hr locally)

I'm all for saving a few bucks but trying to save on the $205 for the cost of the key by purchasing off eBay or Amazon is not where I'm choosing to save my money.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I misplaced the second FOB after washing my wife's Macan in the driveway and parking it in the garage as usual. Searching for it for a few days now and cannot find it so I called the dealer (Indianapolis) and they said $550 all in when I was thinking $250 which is either way devastating price to pay emotionally for my mistake. So the lesson is to take care of your FOBs (if you are like me washing it in the driveway and then moving around to do extra stuff) such as may be getting a Tile type tracker on it which would be cheaper than replacing it if lost around the house like I am going through right now.
I actually have a Nest Cam for the driveway but watching the entire footage of me parking it, rolling up the hose, and putting away all the carwash stuff did not give me any clues what would I did with it. I have no recollection of what I did with it when I parked the car (which could have been on the dash, in the pocket, or anywhere inside the garage) and I am known for having super finder abilities for things around the house in the family which makes it even more painful. The wife had to drive it in hurry when I realized I lost it so i thought definitely on the dash and she would just text me she found it on the floor, however, no such luck.
I did have to put another pair of pants over my car wash pants immediately after to crawl in the crawl space about 2-3 ft tall covered in plastic (easily sliding around on the belly or back) to run the network wire to the basement for my son's PS5 where the key might have been in the pocket but it would be impossible to think that with two pants on it would slip out of the pocket and between them into the crawl space without me feeling or noticing it (although it is slippery with only a single key ring on it without the crest thing in leather). All this happened on Saturday and I only found out it was missing on Monday which makes it even more difficult to trace. So I plan to suit up again this weekend and inspect the crawl space again before I spend the $550.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I misplaced the second FOB after washing my wife's Macan in the driveway and parking it in the garage as usual. Searching for it for a few days now and cannot find it so I called the dealer (Indianapolis) and they said $550 all in when I was thinking $250 which is either way devastating price to pay emotionally for my mistake. So the lesson is to take care of your FOBs (if you are like me washing it in the driveway and then moving around to do extra stuff) such as may be getting a Tile type tracker on it which would be cheaper than replacing it if lost around the house like I am going through right now.
I actually have a Nest Cam for the driveway but watching the entire footage of me parking it, rolling up the hose, and putting away all the carwash stuff did not give me any clues what would I did with it. I have no recollection of what I did with it when I parked the car (which could have been on the dash, in the pocket, or anywhere inside the garage) and I am known for having super finder abilities for things around the house in the family which makes it even more painful. The wife had to drive it in hurry when I realized I lost it so i thought definitely on the dash and she would just text me she found it on the floor, however, no such luck.
I did have to put another pair of pants over my car wash pants immediately after to crawl in the crawl space about 2-3 ft tall covered in plastic (easily sliding around on the belly or back) to run the network wire to the basement for my son's PS5 where the key might have been in the pocket but it would be impossible to think that with two pants on it would slip out of the pocket and between them into the crawl space without me feeling or noticing it (although it is slippery with only a single key ring on it without the crest thing in leather). All this happened on Saturday and I only found out it was missing on Monday which makes it even more difficult to trace. So I plan to suit up again this weekend and inspect the crawl space again before I spend the $550.
I have a girl friend who does this on a regular basis. Then she calls me to solve the problem. Argh! My best answer at this point is to respond "Sorry, you must have called the wrong number". The point is she has that key. You gave it back to her. Remember what you told us that it was the second key and hers. See if that works!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I misplaced the second FOB after washing my wife's Macan in the driveway and parking it in the garage as usual. .....
You will find it AFTER you spend the $550 & take delivery of your (now) 3rd Key fob!
Searching the crawl space with a powerful flashlight seems like a good idea.
Misplacing important items is extremely annoying.
I once had an important key fall off my key ring & I searched, to no avail & had another one made & eventually found it...in the cuff of my pants!
Good luck finding it.

Reactions: sergeyb
41 - 50 of 50 Posts