Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thought I would post my experience getting a new key made up for my MY17 Macan S. In the San Francisco bay area the key prices were as follows:

Marin Porsche (Sonnen) Key $325 - Programming $110 - Total $435
Monterey Porsche Key $321 - Programming $125 - Total $446
Livermore Porsche Key $356 - Programming $250 - Total $606
Walnut Creek Porsche Key $325 - Programming $198 - Total $523
Redwood City Porsche Key $374 - Programming $230 - Total $604
Burlingame Porsche Key $300 - Programming $180 - Total $480
Stevens Creek Key $440 - Programming $150 - Total $598

As you can see it pays to call around and find the best deal, not sure what Porsche in Livermore and Redwood City are smoking. I was told by one of the dealers that the key blade is cut to your VIN in Ontario and then the rest programmed at the dealership.

·
Registered
153 Posts
They need to be half programmed in Germany, then half programmed by your local Porsche guy. Think I paid over $700 in Australia few year ago. So make sure you get two keys when you purchase or discount this down on your price. You pretty much don't want to be caught without a spare (or if you lock your one key in the vehicle) as you will need towing, and you won't be able to start your car for about 3 weeks until your replacement is delivered as per my first sentence.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just want to add a little twist to this thread. My 2016 macan turbo with 30k has been full of electrical gremlins the past month or so, and is nearing the end of the warranty. Locking/unlocking takes many tries. Starting with the keyfob in my pocket and stub in ignition takes many many tries, sometimes have to pull the stub and use keyfob. Only two wheel drive showing on display. As I am so far(500 miles) from a dealer, I called Porsche Lehi in Utah, or rather 1800Porsche, and a flatbed appeared within a couple of hours and took my car to Utah. Just talked to them today and the problem, which apparently is fairly common with cars built when mine was, is the key! They ordered two new ones and expect all to be fine. Glad they’re covered under warranty! Now to find a way from MT to UT to pick it up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@skyknight88, I have a left over key fob from my 2015 Macan Turbo that was a total loss (rear ended).
I don’t know if it would help since it is used, but I’d let it go for a lot less than $300.
PM me if you find out this would work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
keyless fob replication

Is it possible to replicate the keyless fob without going back to dealership? I'm looking at a few aftermarket automobile fob replicators - will they work with porsche fobs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So this is the first car I've ever bought. I've been driving a BMW X3 since I was 16 and I literally bought my Macan today from a private seller.

I got a great deal on a 2017 base Macan, but its bothering the **** outta me that there is only 1 key... and it's missing the "blade".
The previous owner said his wife lost the spare key.
Do I have to get a new key from a dealership? Can I buy a "blank" new key off of ebay or whatever and get it cut and programmed?

Please help a girl out with the cost of either choice. I live in Austin, TX if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Seems suspicious to me: missing an entire fob, and half of the other one? Did the seller steal the car, or going through a divorce, or what?

As @grim noted, there are some other threads on replacement keys, and that is the price range, e.g.:

If you haven't finalized the deal, I'd ask for $500 off the price. I mean, two fobs (with blades) are part of what you get with the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone in Norcal want to chip in and purchase a Porsche Macan Keyfob programmer? I am sick and tired of dealers quoting > $500 and local "expert locksmiths" quoting over $300 for a clone.

I know these keys go for $28 each and the programmer (It's called a Yanhua ACDP module 10 or a Lonsdor )
They require access to the BCM but no need to cut wires.

Any techno nerd like yours truly want to pitch in to make a spare key?

I just got a used Macan Turbo with only one key (of course it was previously gently driven by a little old lady) from an owner who bought it lease-returned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Almost makes sense to buy the Lonsdor or Yanhua ACPM myself and offer it as a service to other Porsche enthusiasts who are stuck.

Keys are $29 or so on Ebay and the programmer I think is about $500 and needs access to the BCM module with no need to cut wires or desolder anything.

The "expert locksmiths" are quoting $300+ for the service only.

Thought I would post my experience getting a new key made up for my MY17 Macan S. In the San Francisco bay area the key prices were as follows:

Marin Porsche (Sonnen) Key $325 - Programming $110 - Total $435
Monterey Porsche Key $321 - Programming $125 - Total $446
Livermore Porsche Key $356 - Programming $250 - Total $606
Walnut Creek Porsche Key $325 - Programming $198 - Total $523
Redwood City Porsche Key $374 - Programming $230 - Total $604
Burlingame Porsche Key $300 - Programming $180 - Total $480
Stevens Creek Key $440 - Programming $150 - Total $598

As you can see it pays to call around and find the best deal, not sure what Porsche in Livermore and Redwood City are smoking. I was told by one of the dealers that the key blade is cut to your VIN in Ontario and then the rest programmed at the dealership.

·
Registered
2017 Porsche Macan S
2 Posts
Does anyone in Norcal want to chip in and purchase a Porsche Macan Keyfob programmer? I am sick and tired of dealers quoting > $500 and local "expert locksmiths" quoting over $300 for a clone.

I know these keys go for $28 each and the programmer (It's called a Yanhua ACDP module 10 or a Lonsdor )
They require access to the BCM but no need to cut wires.

Any techno nerd like yours truly want to pitch in to make a spare key?

I just got a used Macan Turbo with only one key (of course it was previously gently driven by a little old lady) from an owner who bought it lease-returned.
Hello.
I am a new member. I am in need of a spare key. I like the idea of programming. Are you able to program? Any news? Any progress?

Thank you.

Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
No news. The ONLY 2 things that work Lonsdor or Yanhua ACDP module 10 which is about $600 or so for the kit.
Get a knowledgeable locksmith who has ACDP and module 10. Both Yanhua and Lonsdor need immbilizer access and Lonsdor needs some soldering while extracting EEPROM. Yanhua just needs careful tweaking of screws and pins. If a locksmith can do it for < $300 I'd say locksmith.

·
Registered
656 Posts
One of the first accessories I bought for my Macan was a Tile for the key fob. Now after seeing these prices I'm thinking I should get one for my Wife's also.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
One of the first accessories I bought for my Macan was a Tile for the key fob. Now after seeing these prices I'm thinking I should get one for my Wife's also.
How backwards was this? Numero Uno would have been on the wife's fob as Men never, ever lose their keys except .....in most embarrassing locations like at the bottom of the dancing pole (not my story).

·
Registered
525 Posts
Porsche pretty much stopped that craziness that after the 996. The 993 you could actually code without a PIWIS using crazy door button presses and such. The 996 you had to have the specific unique "new key code" tag and there were 3 slots. So if some dumb tech coded over your 1st good key well oops. The 997/987 started to allow to just re-use used keys but of course using PIWIS.

BTW strangely on the 996, starting a car vs. opening the doors were different. You could get the pills working fine to start the cars but not remote open the door. Thus you could have a key that fit the locks and starter but had no remote unlock function. Joy

Always need the IPAS codes for your car to become the car god.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts