Porsche Macan Forum banner

Key fob only works with Panasonic batteries??

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  dkouz 
#1 ·
I keep thinking I am imagining this, but both our Macan key fobs work great with Panasonic CR2032's, but not with any other brand. Energizer batteries will make the LED flash, but the Macan doesn't recognize it at all from any distance, including inside. Another brand won't even flash the LED. I have measured the battery voltage (3.260V), and even the diameter and thickness (exactly right, as expected).

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

#3 ·
....both our Macan key fobs work great with Panasonic CR2032's, but not with any other brand.....Has anyone else ever heard of this?
I have used Energizer and Duracell batteries in our fobs without issue. Any chance the other batteries were inadvertently installed upside down? The positive side should be facing up.

Some batteries have a protective plastic film on one side of the battery that has to be peeled off prior to installation.

If neither of those apply, I'm not sure what could be causing your issue. Very curious.

Reactions: wspollack
#4 ·
I have used Energizer and Duracell batteries in our fobs without issue. Any chance the other batteries were inadvertently installed upside down? The positive side should be facing up.

Some batteries have a protective plastic film on one side of the battery that has to be peeled off prior to installation.

If neither of those apply, I'm not sure what could be causing your issue. Very curious.
Well, that was my joke for the night. I was scratching my head until the light bulb went on. You meant flipping the battery and not putting the plus cross at the top of the view. Pictures mean a whole lot especially if they are not there.