Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Vancouver, first time Porsche owner, 2017 Macan GTS owner. Told by KalTire that they can’t supply rims for winter tires or it would “invalidate the warrantee”...is that true? Does Porsche really have me by the short & curlies?

· Registered
15 Posts
Never heard of that before. I ordered winter tires and rim specific for my 2015 Macan S from Tire Rack and they worked great.

After hitting a deer in November with these winters on, I now have my set of 20" RS Spyder EOM rims and summer tires for sale, if you are interested. Driving an X3 now. You could put winter tires on your original set of rims if they are 18"

I am in Calgary

-Malcolm

Attachments

· Registered
14 Posts
I can't imagine this being a warranty issue. I went to KalTire a few years back looking for winter tires and rims for my Audi A3. They had a terrible selection. I went to 1010Tires and was completely satisfied. Today if I was doing it again I think I would order them at Tire Rack and get them delivered to Bellingham. You will save on delivery to Canada. If you stay down a few days you can get a break on duty. If you have a passenger along you can split the exemption and claim 2 tires each :)

· Registered
486 Posts
I checked out the Kal Tire website out of curiosity. The following pops up when selecting tires, wheels or packages for the Macan. Apparently the warning relates to using non N0 spec tires. Looks like a CYA to me (spoken as a true CPA).

Kal Tire in rural Ontario was able to source an N0 spec Michelin summer tire for me at the beginning of November. I didn’t have the 48 hours they needed to wait so I had Roadside Assistance flatbed the car back to Toronto but I have dealt with them in the past and wouldn’t hesitate to again.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.