Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, currently own a 1996 993, just ordered this 2022 Macan from Bellevue Porsche. Tailored my options for ability to use forest service gravel roads. Any comments on my options selection. Was told I have until early Dec to make changes, Macan to be built 1H January, and delivery by end of March.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Base Price The new Macan 95BAU1 $54,900

Exterior Color Dolomite Silver Metallic F0 $700

Interior Color Standard Interior in Black AF $0

Premium Package PU1 $2,240

Roof Rails in High Gloss Black 3S5 $410

Deletion of Model Designation on Rear 0NA $0

Trailer Hitch without Tow Ball 1D6 $660

Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) 1BK $2,750

Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+) 1Y1 $1,500

Sport Chrono Package 8LH $1,220

Wheels 19" Macan Wheels 41A $0

Surround View KA6 $1,200

Heated Windshield 4GR $450

Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package Q1J $2,090

Heated Steering Wheel 2ZH $280

·
Registered
771 Posts
18 ways is a bold statement on a Base Model, but I like it :)

The only thing missing for me is Active Cruise Control. There is no way I'd order one with out it. I had it in my 2018 Base and spec'd it on my 2021 GTS. Great safety feature.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Why would you need PASM, AS, Sport Chrono Package and PTV on a Base Macan? All those options mean you need at least a S. Also, a minimum size of wheels should be 20”. Anything smaller makes the car look weird.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Active Cruise Control seems expensive at $990. Trying to keep overall price at $70k or less. I'm thinking my questionable adds are heated windshield and ventilated seats.

My view on Base vs S is more fun to drive an underpowered car fast. Is back to Porsche roots (e.g. 356).

Macan is going to be my everyday car, I have a 911 for fun. Need to be able to drive on gravel / pot holed roads, so 19" have more sidewall and options if I want to go with on/off road tires. Air suspension for increasing ground clearance and torque vectoring will improve traction if on 3 wheels. 19" rims + tires will also weigh less.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Active Cruise Control seems expensive at $990. Trying to keep overall price at $70k or less. I'm thinking my questionable adds are heated windshield and ventilated seats.

My view on Base vs S is more fun to drive an underpowered car fast. Is back to Porsche roots (e.g. 356).

Macan is going to be my everyday car, I have a 911 for fun. Need to be able to drive on gravel / pot holed roads, so 19" have more sidewall and options if I want to go with on/off road tires. Air suspension for increasing ground clearance and torque vectoring will improve traction if on 3 wheels. 19" rims + tires will also weigh less.
Out of those three the order of importance for me would be.
1-ACC.
2- Ventilated seats.
3- Heated windshield.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I tend to agree with you, there is more fun ringing an underpowered cars neck than holding back a cars true potential because of speed limits.
The base is definitely more nimble and light and still a very rewarding drive. I just test drove a new GTS today for an hour and loved it but wasn’t overly disappointed getting back into my 2018 base to drive home which surprised me a bit.

·
Registered
12,403 Posts

What you built is a "sport edition" that Porsche did offer in 2018 . The difference is they bundled the price package and you are putting it individually . I never drove one but a former frequent poster @alex_c bought one for his wife . His former car was a GTS so he drive them both within the same generation and I got a chance to talk to him about it . He viewed it much like the Carrera T of the Macan line . Even though I cant imagine sport plus on a base car it can be done. I hope you do a write up on it because it will be unique to the forum on this new car .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations,

I just had mine confirmed for December production and delivery Feb/March 2022

Base Model 2.0L
Volcano Grey exterior x Red & Black interiors
18 ways spot seats
Sport Chrono
Bose surrounded system
20'' S Wheels in Titanium color
Panoramic Roof
Privacy Glass
Rear view camera

·
Registered
42 Posts
New to this forum, currently own a 1996 993, just ordered this 2022 Macan from Bellevue Porsche. Tailored my options for ability to use forest service gravel roads. Any comments on my options selection. Was told I have until early Dec to make changes, Macan to be built 1H January, and delivery by end of March.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Base Price The new Macan 95BAU1 $54,900

Exterior Color Dolomite Silver Metallic F0 $700

Interior Color Standard Interior in Black AF $0

Premium Package PU1 $2,240

Roof Rails in High Gloss Black 3S5 $410

Deletion of Model Designation on Rear 0NA $0

Trailer Hitch without Tow Ball 1D6 $660

Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) 1BK $2,750

Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+) 1Y1 $1,500

Sport Chrono Package 8LH $1,220

Wheels 19" Macan Wheels 41A $0

Surround View KA6 $1,200

Heated Windshield 4GR $450

Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package Q1J $2,090

Heated Steering Wheel 2ZH $280
Similar to my thinking in many ways Time Machine but I don't go "off road" - at least not intentionally!

·
Registered
2020 RDX A-Spec / 2022 Macan (on order)
95 Posts
Congratulations,

I just had mine confirmed for December production and delivery Feb/March 2022

Base Model 2.0L
Volcano Grey exterior x Red & Black interiors
18 ways spot seats
Sport Chrono
Bose surrounded system
20'' S Wheels in Titanium color
Panoramic Roof
Privacy Glass
Rear view camera
I feel PASM is a better bang for the buck than SC, especially on Base and with 20" wheels but that's just me.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have to agree with those questioning all the performance enhancements on a Base. I have a 2021 GTS with all that stuff and wish I had saved the money and bought a nicely, reasonably equipped Base. You certainly don't need Sport Chrono...it comes with a Sport Button on the console. PTV+ is really a bit much for the Base. If it was me, I'd "luxuriate" in the all around goodness of the Base, enhanced with the Premium Package, Roof Rails, Trailer Hitch and Air Suspension. I didn't think AS was even available on the Base, but apparently it is now. I'd also go with the 20" wheels as I agree with the poster that suggested smaller wheels look "off" on the Macan. I'd also stick with the 14 way seats. Color is obviously subjective, but I have a neighbor that has a Red Base with Turbo Wheels that I double look at every time I walk by it. Save another few bucks by sticking with a standard color.

Reactions: vanmacandriver

·
Registered
2020 RDX A-Spec / 2022 Macan (on order)
95 Posts
I have to agree with those questioning all the performance enhancements on a Base. I have a 2021 GTS with all that stuff and wish I had saved the money and bought a nicely, reasonably equipped Base. You certainly don't need Sport Chrono...it comes with a Sport Button on the console. PTV+ is really a bit much for the Base. If it was me, I'd "luxuriate" in the all around goodness of the Base, enhanced with the Premium Package, Roof Rails, Trailer Hitch and Air Suspension. I didn't think AS was even available on the Base, but apparently it is now. I'd also go with the 20" wheels as I agree with the poster that suggested smaller wheels look "off" on the Macan. I'd also stick with the 14 way seats. Color is obviously subjective, but I have a neighbor that has a Red Base with Turbo Wheels that I double look at every time I walk by it. Save another few bucks by sticking with a standard color.
This is essentially what I am doing, Base with 20", PASM, PP+, roof rails, ACC/Surround/Sport Tailpipes and some interior trims (not leather).

·
Registered
7 Posts
. You certainly don't need Sport Chrono...it comes with a Sport Button on the console.
I wanted to add the SC to give the 2.0L 261hp some crisp when in the mood for some Sport enthusiastic driving ...
I read that it's not just the ' MODE ' button:

Quote ''
What Does the Porsche Sport Chrono Package Include?
The Porsche Sport Chrono Package offers the following features:
  • Driver-Selectable Driving Modes: The steering wheel inside a model with Sport Chrono includes a switch that allows the driver to change the performance profile of their vehicle as they cruise through Milpitas. The switch offers four modes: Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS, and Individual.
  • Launch Control: Paired with the Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission, Sport Chrono integrates Launch Control, which gives the vehicle a race-start function.
  • Motorsports-Inspired Gear Shifting: Sport Chrono gives the PDK unique and racing-derived gearshifting strategies for the fastest acceleration possible.
  • SPORT Response: New for models like the 718, SPORT Response allows you to press a button in the center of the mode switch. Pressing this button gears the engine and transmission up to release a tremendous amount of power for about 20 seconds, giving you maximum acceleration and responsiveness.
  • Interior Upgrades: Models with the Porsche Sport Chrono Package include a few distinctive features inside the cabin, including a dash-mounted stopwatch and PCM upgrades like a performance display.
  • Dynamic Transmission Mounts: With Sport Chrono, vibrations and oscillations within the drivetrain are minimized, making it possible for the transmission to change gears almost imperceptibly on Los Gatos roads.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yes, you are correct you don't have the "Sport Response" button, nor the the other Interior Upgrades mentioned in your post, but I do believe you get the performance profile changes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts