Porsche Macan Forum banner

Just locked order for 2021 Macan Turbo

3K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  TaiChiwowa 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I've been reading the forum posts here for a while, trying to be as informed as I can about my new car choice. For years I was dead set that I was going to get a Mercedes GLC 63 - just loved that V8 sound and the performance numbers are sick. But then I drove it, and while the engine and handling are great, it still crashed over very small road imperfections even in comfort mode. Maybe that would have been fine when I was 25, but at almost 50, I'm also wanting some comfort on my daily commute.

So I immediately drove 30 minutes to a Porsche dealership to drive a CPO turbo while my butt still remembered the GLC. Holy revelation Batman. The Porsche felt like one solid, cohesive piece that hardwires into your brain and somehow enables a comfortable ride and insane handling at the same time, in a way that even BMW at their best didn't master. The GLC felt like a bunch of separate performance pieces all put together in comparison. Yes the GLC hits harder and that deep V8 burble is untouchable, but those 2 things aren't worth a 100k in my opinion. But the Macan is.

Went back and forth between a GTS and a Turbo, decided to go with a little more power out of the gate, so today just locked in my order since I couldn't seem to find a single one specked out the way I wanted.

The Porsche Code

Can't wait till my blue beast gets here, supposedly in early April. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

See less See more
#6 ·
Very nice, congrats! You even opted for all the "performance" options, as well as the 18-way seats....even the ionizer, well done!

All you forgot was the fire extinguisher....a bargain at only $140!

#8 ·
Very similar to mine....mine is in Volcano with the same red interior. I was scared the red would be to bright but in person it is much darker.
One suggestion you have the aluminum interior, you may want to think to change that...just a suggestion

#9 ·
Yep, I saw the red on the lots and it's more of a bordeaux , much nicer than what the online configurator shows. I agree with you about the aluminum. I just don't like the fingerprint magnet that is piano black, don't like the wood choice, and didn't want to pay for carbon fiber even though I'm sure it adds at least 10mph to the top speed. What I really want are the brushed black aluminum pieces from the GTS.

#19 ·
Great car and great build. Regarding the interior: I had the red/ black interior on my 2017 GTS and now have full red/ black leather option. It is more red, but for some reason the red on the seats looks a bit better, darker in my opinion, and you get the red on black contrasting stitching all around (dash and door trims). Not much more expensive as an option and looks much more premium.

#24 ·
I agree completely. Interestingly enough, my dealership only had a Turbo build slot for March. I originally took that, and 2 hours later they called me and told me that they were discontinuing the SB color, and my build missed the last date for getting the SB by about 2 weeks! The only reason I got a SB was because they were able to trade another dealership for an earlier build allotment. So it looks like - sadly - Sapphire Blue is dead for the Macan. At least in the shade that we know. I have no idea why they would discontinue it. I know color is a personal preference, but I think it looks amazing.

#25 ·
Wow. I had no idea. My dealer emailed me today to say that mine should arrive in early March. I ordered it in November. Glad it made the SB cutoff. I’m surprised that they would discontinue a colour mid year. I am new to Porsche. Any more knowledgable members know of Porsche discontinuing a colour mid year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.