Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 18 GTS with 34k miles last month. Today as I was leaving a store the car lurched forward and turned off. I tried to start it and got a few errors. I believe PASM, and something about gear selector. Don’t recall specifics as I was a little flustered for blocking traffic and not being able to move it as it was stuck in gear. I was able to figure out the park release but couldn’t push it out of the way by myself. One guy offered me a jump but that didn’t do anything. Car is CPO so I’m not overly worried since it’s under warranty, just a little perplexed on what happened. First thought was fuel pump since it was running when the issue occurred. I’ll see what dealer says. Just glad I was not on a busy road or highway. That would have been a lot worse.

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
I purchased my 18 GTS with 34k miles last month. Today as I was leaving a store the car lurched forward and turned off. I tried to start it and got a few errors. I believe PASM, and something about gear selector. Don’t recall specifics as I was a little flustered for blocking traffic and not being able to move it as it was stuck in gear. I was able to figure out the park release but couldn’t push it out of the way by myself. One guy offered me a jump but that didn’t do anything. Car is CPO so I’m not overly worried since it’s under warranty, just a little perplexed on what happened. First thought was fuel pump since it was running when the issue occurred. I’ll see what dealer says. Just glad I was not on a busy road or highway. That would have been a lot worse.
That doesn't give you a lot of faith, does it? In addition to getting it fixed, research the records for the previous maintenance to see what other problems this car has had. Is this OT?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That doesn't give you a lot of faith, does it? In addition to getting it fixed, research the records for the previous maintenance to see what other problems this car has had. Is this OT?
Just concerned cause it completely died vs limp mode. If I was on highway or busy road that could have been really bad. I did research it and car was bought and serviced at same dealer so it had all records and nothing really major. It’s on the way to dealer so I’ll report back in case someone in future has a similar experience.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds like another PDK issue?......I am beginning to regret buying a Macan......and I am a very experienced DIY fixer with VW/Audi products........shouda bought another SQ5? (at least the transmission is reasonably repairable..)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer said battery was at 2% so replaced battery and now working through transmission faults. Doesn't seem like anything good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going to replace the transmission control unit. Waiting on part from Atlanta. No loaners or rentals available. I'm going to call Porsche North America. Ridiculous a car two months old after CPO has a dead battery and transmission issues. Maybe they will offer something to help with cost of a new battery. Who knows but they need to hear about this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
wow! That was a dangerous situation! Glad it wasn't worse...Atlanta traffic can be unforgiving.
I am in the Atlanta area also. I have a lot of Macan bad transmission experience. If I can be of help just message me. I hope the mechatronic unit fixes your problem. Tell them to go ahead and change the dct fluid and BOTH filters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow! That was a dangerous situation! Glad it wasn't worse...Atlanta traffic can be unforgiving.
I am in the Atlanta area also. I have a lot of Macan bad transmission experience. If I can be of help just message me. I hope the mechatronic unit fixes your problem. Tell them to go ahead and change the dct fluid and BOTH filters.
Thanks. According to CPO they just did the PDK service. I asked SA he said it was transmission control unit being replaced when I asked if they were replacing the mechatronics unit. So are those the same?

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is probably a mix up in the terminology. The transmission control unit is not the same as the mechatronics unit. The transmission control unit is attached to the mechatronics unit. The tcu receives the signal from the cars main computer and then sends that signal out to the correct solenoid on the mechatronics unit. They probably replaced the entire mechatronic unit. I will try to include a picture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts