Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Awesome Congrats. great looking Macan.

Reactions: TarponTom
Congratulations on your purchase! I am so excited for you feeling the excitement in your posts! A few thoughts on some of the things you mentioned in your posts:

You see higher octane requirements for high compression engines, especially turbo engines. The higher octane prevents knocking, as you mentioned you didn't hear pinging. Modern engines will change timing and/or reduce turbo boost and otherwise reduce performance if they detect knocking so they generally save themselves from damage, but reduce performance. The Macan Turbo I just picked up for my wife is noticeably down on power from when we test drove it, I assume because the dealership filled it with low octane gas. If Porsche requires higher octane gas, I would always run that to avoid damage at the very least.

As for discounts, I don't expect much now with inventory so low. I had a buddy try to buy a Taycan and was mad and walked away because he couldn't get a meaningful discount. I didn't really receive much of anything on an ordered 718 in December and didn't expect to receive much of anything on a Macan Turbo or GTS because the supply is low in my area. The flip side is the weird used market means trade-ins are more valuable.

As to the standard black, I had the metallic black on my last Porsche and I didn't really like it. It doesn't look as black as the standard black because of the metallic flake. I would have preferred the standard black, so I think you did well with what you bought.

I love your comment about people never driving their sports cars. I realized years ago that I'd rather just daily drive my sports car all the time instead of having a separate bad weather/winter car. I really don't understand the guys I know who keep their Caymans and 911s in the garage and barely drive them. Unless it's something rare, never driving it just seems silly to me. Enjoy it. If it gets rock chips get it repainted. Why do people buy them and just look at them in the garage? To each their own, but I'd rather drive.

Speaking of rock chips, detailing is my main hobby and I dislike paint protection film because it doesn't look as good as paint and gets beat up, marked, and etched in ways that can't be polished out like paint. Generally if I kept a car long enough I'd rather just have a chipped bumper and hood repainted, which is sort of on par with paint protection film cost. However I've been experimenting with paint protection film on sports cars since the entire front ends, not just the bumpers, seem to get destroyed by rocks. I don't fault anyone who uses PPF, it just isn't for me.

I've become a fan of ceramic coating, but I feel like it gets marketed incorrectly as some super amazing thing that prevents paint damage. I also think it gets marketed to high-end cars, where it really shines on regularly driven cars for people who actually care about washing/maintenance. Think of it as a semi-permanent wax. Apply it once every few years with proper maintenance and the car is so much easier to keep clean. The other mistake made with it is paying crazy money to have it professionally installed, since a big part of that cost should be paint correction (polishing) before installing the coating. If someone then doesn't properly care for the car the paint will just look swirled and damaged in short order and all that money was wasted.

If you do go for down the detailing rabbit hole, it's worth considering doing your own paint correction and coating. If it would be something you'd enjoy, you can get equipment and products for the same or less than the cost as paying to have it professionally done.

I just got excited you said you were buying detailing gear and were afraid of car washes. :D

If Porsche requires higher octane gas, I would always run that to avoid damage at the very least.
Having spent time working with a team engineering high performance Sportbike motors . . . I'd concur with that. Manufacturers don't reccomend higher cost fuels just to burn your money, they recceomend it as proper for the design of the motor.

I run the high octane in my cars that recommend it and I run lower octanes in the motors (like a Ford F-250SD and.Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit) that reccoemdn the lower octane.

It used to amaze me that we'd spend 3 years with a tire manufacturer and the Ohlins suspension folks finding precisely the correct tire to elicit the maximum performance. No one has a greater vested interest in your vehicle performing to it's greatest potential and minimizing potential problems. I used to laugh when someone would buy one of our bikes and immediately slap a fat rear tire on then complain about handling.

I always enjoy watching this video from when we went to play abasing the big boys . .

It was fun to be declared the best handling motorcycle . . . and still hear from all the folks who were internet on "improving" things.

I'd rather just have a chipped bumper and hood repainted,
I'm in the same boat. My calculation was to look at the $3K-$4K cost of the protection and weigh it against the diminished trade/resale as a result of any small chips and I think you'd have to get hit by a boulder to take the cost of the protection off the value. If I were keeping the car longer, it may change the equation.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Congratulations on your purchase! I am so excited for you feeling the excitement in your posts! A few thoughts on some of the things you mentioned in your posts:

You see higher octane requirements for high compression engines, especially turbo engines. The higher octane prevents knocking, as you mentioned you didn't hear pinging. Modern engines will change timing and/or reduce turbo boost and otherwise reduce performance if they detect knocking so they generally save themselves from damage, but reduce performance. The Macan Turbo I just picked up for my wife is noticeably down on power from when we test drove it, I assume because the dealership filled it with low octane gas. If Porsche requires higher octane gas, I would always run that to avoid damage at the very least.

As for discounts, I don't expect much now with inventory so low. I had a buddy try to buy a Taycan and was mad and walked away because he couldn't get a meaningful discount. I didn't really receive much of anything on an ordered 718 in December and didn't expect to receive much of anything on a Macan Turbo or GTS because the supply is low in my area. The flip side is the weird used market means trade-ins are more valuable.

As to the standard black, I had the metallic black on my last Porsche and I didn't really like it. It doesn't look as black as the standard black because of the metallic flake. I would have preferred the standard black, so I think you did well with what you bought.

I love your comment about people never driving their sports cars. I realized years ago that I'd rather just daily drive my sports car all the time instead of having a separate bad weather/winter car. I really don't understand the guys I know who keep their Caymans and 911s in the garage and barely drive them. Unless it's something rare, never driving it just seems silly to me. Enjoy it. If it gets rock chips get it repainted. Why do people buy them and just look at them in the garage? To each their own, but I'd rather drive.

Speaking of rock chips, detailing is my main hobby and I dislike paint protection film because it doesn't look as good as paint and gets beat up, marked, and etched in ways that can't be polished out like paint. Generally if I kept a car long enough I'd rather just have a chipped bumper and hood repainted, which is sort of on par with paint protection film cost. However I've been experimenting with paint protection film on sports cars since the entire front ends, not just the bumpers, seem to get destroyed by rocks. I don't fault anyone who uses PPF, it just isn't for me.

I've become a fan of ceramic coating, but I feel like it gets marketed incorrectly as some super amazing thing that prevents paint damage. I also think it gets marketed to high-end cars, where it really shines on regularly driven cars for people who actually care about washing/maintenance. Think of it as a semi-permanent wax. Apply it once every few years with proper maintenance and the car is so much easier to keep clean. The other mistake made with it is paying crazy money to have it professionally installed, since a big part of that cost should be paint correction (polishing) before installing the coating. If someone then doesn't properly care for the car the paint will just look swirled and damaged in short order and all that money was wasted.

If you do go for down the detailing rabbit hole, it's worth considering doing your own paint correction and coating. If it would be something you'd enjoy, you can get equipment and products for the same or less than the cost as paying to have it professionally done.

I just got excited you said you were buying detailing gear and were afraid of car washes. :D
Thanks for your thoughtful responses above. Yep, we all get new vehicles and our minds go into overdrive with "what we're going to do to it, how we're going to protect it, and how we're going to care for it daily/weekly/monthly/yearly." Right now I'm awaiting my Weathertech floor and cargo mats (should be here by Friday). I waited like a year before putting these into my Tundra. 13 years later, my interior still looked new (where covered by those weathertech floor mats). So while they don't have the 'race car look', rather they have a specific purpose (put your feet on them), I think getting those in the car from day 1, is so important. I also received my wheel cover yesterday and I'm putting it on today. No I won't be able to feel the comfy leather feeling steering wheel, but I'll still see my emblem on the center of the wheel and be able to grab the contoured center grips. In my experience (because I workout daily and hands tend to sweat), my Tundra's steering wheel started looking aged quickly due to no steering wheel cover. Trying to protect it for the long run. As far as the film covers, etc. I agree...it really depends on length of ownership and my long/short term goal. I was talking to the dealership yesterday - I may add the pre paid maintenance package (depends on how long I plan to own). But if I buy too much package (years wise) and sell the vehicle before then, I do not get a refund for that. However, I owned my last vehicle from new, for 13 years. So i do tend to love my vehicles and keep them a long time. I'm going to drive it a year and before my first maintenance try to make a decision and stick to that decision on both the extended warranty and the prepaid maintenance package. Then I need to stick with that decision to truly maximum the value of those packages and maintain my vehicle accordingly. Different decisions for different people. As a daily driver, I think a hood repainting and bumper chips after a few years shouldn't be out of the questions - good point.

Having spent time working with a team engineering high performance Sportbike motors . . . I'd concur with that. Manufacturers don't reccomend higher cost fuels just to burn your money, they recceomend it as proper for the design of the motor.

I run the high octane in my cars that recommend it and I run lower octanes in the motors (like a Ford F-250SD and.Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit) that reccoemdn the lower octane.

It used to amaze me that we'd spend 3 years with a tire manufacturer and the Ohlins suspension folks finding precisely the correct tire to elicit the maximum performance. No one has a greater vested interest in your vehicle performing to it's greatest potential and minimizing potential problems. I used to laugh when someone would buy one of our bikes and immediately slap a fat rear tire on then complain about handling.

I always enjoy watching this video from when we went to play abasing the big boys . .

It was fun to be declared the best handling motorcycle . . . and still hear from all the folks who were internet on "improving" things.

I'm in the same boat. My calculation was to look at the $3K-$4K cost of the protection and weigh it against the diminished trade/resale as a result of any small chips and I think you'd have to get hit by a boulder to take the cost of the protection off the value. If I were keeping the car longer, it may change the equation.
Good video. I hear ya on the octane, you're really taking a change to save a few bucks at the pump. May not be worth it if you have engine issues long term. I think I'll at least get a nice wax on it sooner vs later. See how it looks and go from there. I'd have liked to have maybe a white vs a black Macan (only based on keeping the look clean) but I had 3 vehicles to pick from, 2 were black and 1 silver (silver had trim packages I wasn't interested in and didn't want to pay for, i.e. white leather all over the dash, etc.), so I went with black. Looks good, and appears to have the highest resale value for colors.

Love talking to you Macan owners. We all clearly love our vehicles. All Youtube reviews told me to get the S. I loved driving the S. But for me, this first few days, the Base has been a blast. I don't know when the last time I could say that about my daily driver :) . It's all great!

Thanks for your thoughtful responses above. Yep, we all get new vehicles and our minds go into overdrive with "what we're going to do to it, how we're going to protect it, and how we're going to care for it daily/weekly/monthly/yearly." Right now I'm awaiting my Weathertech floor and cargo mats (should be here by Friday). I waited like a year before putting these into my Tundra. 13 years later, my interior still looked new (where covered by those weathertech floor mats). So while they don't have the 'race car look', rather they have a specific purpose (put your feet on them), I think getting those in the car from day 1, is so important. I also received my wheel cover yesterday and I'm putting it on today. No I won't be able to feel the comfy leather feeling steering wheel, but I'll still see my emblem on the center of the wheel and be able to grab the contoured center grips. In my experience (because I workout daily and hands tend to sweat), my Tundra's steering wheel started looking aged quickly due to no steering wheel cover. Trying to protect it for the long run. As far as the film covers, etc. I agree...it really depends on length of ownership and my long/short term goal. I was talking to the dealership yesterday - I may add the pre paid maintenance package (depends on how long I plan to own). But if I buy too much package (years wise) and sell the vehicle before then, I do not get a refund for that. However, I owned my last vehicle from new, for 13 years. So i do tend to love my vehicles and keep them a long time. I'm going to drive it a year and before my first maintenance try to make a decision and stick to that decision on both the extended warranty and the prepaid maintenance package. Then I need to stick with that decision to truly maximum the value of those packages and maintain my vehicle accordingly. Different decisions for different people. As a daily driver, I think a hood repainting and bumper chips after a few years shouldn't be out of the questions - good point.
I agree on the floor liners and cargo liners. The first thing I do is put Tuxmat liners in my cars (same concept as Weathertech). The first time my wife spills a beverage or milk leaks in the trunk they pay for themselves, not to mention winter/rain.

The great thing about the Macan is no matter which trim you have you still get the same great handling and well built car. Although I got my wife the turbo because that's what she wanted, 99% of the time she's not going to realize any difference vs base or S.

I agree on the floor liners and cargo liners. The first thing I do is put Tuxmat liners in my cars (same concept as Weathertech). The first time my wife spills a beverage or milk leaks in the trunk they pay for themselves, not to mention winter/rain.

The great thing about the Macan is no matter which trim you have you still get the same great handling and well built car. Although I got my wife the turbo because that's what she wanted, 99% of the time she's not going to realize any difference vs base or S.
Wife drinking beverage in your Macan? Carrying milk in your trunk? o_O Seriously, my Macan is allergic to all sorts of foods so none is allowed inside the car.

As for milk, my family had a dairy farm and we always had a little truck that brought us fresh milk everyday. My father always had a very specific rule: Never, ever carry milk in your car. If it gets into the carpet, it is basically total loss. No matter how well you wash it it will never come out. Leave the car in the sun and you will smell it. Thus, I second having a heavy duty liner in the trunk. I also have some plastic crates where I place things like milk, wine or anything that can spill in the trunk even with the liner there. I use the original Porsche liner in my trunk and it fits perfectly.

As for the floors, I have Weathertech during the winter since its shape keeps melted snow inside the mat and it is easy to clean. However, I don't like them for spring and summer months. I use the carpet mats from Porsche that matches my interior carpet. They are easy to vacuum and look very nice.

Reactions: TarponTom
Wife drinking beverage in your Macan? Carrying milk in your trunk? o_O Seriously, my Macan is allergic to all sorts of foods so none is allowed inside the car.

As for milk, my family had a dairy farm and we always had a little truck that brought us fresh milk everyday. My father always had a very specific rule: Never, ever carry milk in your car. If it gets into the carpet, it is basically total loss. No matter how well you wash it it will never come out. Leave the car in the sun and you will smell it. Thus, I second having a heavy duty liner in the trunk. I also have some plastic crates where I place things like milk, wine or anything that can spill in the trunk even with the liner there. I use the original Porsche liner in my trunk and it fits perfectly.

As for the floors, I have Weathertech during the winter since its shape keeps melted snow inside the mat and it is easy to clean. However, I don't like them for spring and summer months. I use the carpet mats from Porsche that matches my interior carpet. They are easy to vacuum and look very nice.
My wife has to have a soda with her at all times. I end up leaving the floor liners in my sports cars all year specific for that reason, but I'd rather change out to carpet mats. It makes me a little crazy. And the Porsche sports cars don't have useful cup holders so she sets the beverage on the floor.

My ex had a milk-based drink spill in a car once. I never did get the smell out and we traded it. Hot days were the worst.

Good call on the crates, I need to dig up the collapsible trunk box I probably have somewhere and put it in the Macan. One thing I like about the Weathertech trunk liners is they have cut out areas for the tie down hooks.

Discussion starter · #48 ·

Good point about the crates, may get one or two. Question: My owner's manual shows that some type of harness comes with the Macan for cargo tie down purposes. Is this in my spare wheel well or a compartment and I just haven't found it yet, or is it just a purchasable option? Looks like a tube that unrolls and clamps down.

My wife has to have a soda with her at all times. I end up leaving the floor liners in my sports cars all year specific for that reason, but I'd rather change out to carpet mats. It makes me a little crazy. And the Porsche sports cars don't have useful cup holders so she sets the beverage on the floor.

My ex had a milk-based drink spill in a car once. I never did get the smell out and we traded it. Hot days were the worst.

Good call on the crates, I need to dig up the collapsible trunk box I probably have somewhere and put it in the Macan. One thing I like about the Weathertech trunk liners is they have cut out areas for the tie down hooks.
:) My rule is this. Capped bottle of water, fine. Any other drinks (like take out) can but carried (if he'd onto like newborn baby) but not opened until home. Agreed on the Weathertech liners, mine get her on Friday and will probably post a picture of them inside the new car. I picked up some groceries yesterday and wish they had more than one bag holder spot (on right side in cargo space) so may try a milk crate idea above.

Anyone tent their windshield to help with heat/sun damage on dash? Macan goes in tomorrow for front window tinting (to match back) but considering windshield too.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
The experience was good. I'm in Sarasota and was calling dealers with my Porsche code to check build allocation month and price. Reeves was good. I'm working with Robert Kearney. Ordered in early December for March 26 delivery. Date moved to 3/16 then 3/5 now 3/12!! Can't wait!
I think you lucked out. Google reviews for Suncoast Porsche doesn't seem as good as Tampa. Congrats on almost having your new car!

1. Is it worth it to have the 'software' update done to the base model to achieve 50 more hp? (salesman said it was possible) - Are you talking about Cobb? There are tons of threads here about it and it is worth it. You might want to wait until your car breaks in which is around 2k miles. Also, read about managing that with taking car to dealer for warranty services.

2. I got the wheel and tire protection plan (to me, worth it). Did you get the prepaid maintenance plan and if so, is it worth it? - I did not get either and did not miss it

3. Overall, how satisfied are you with you Macan? - 100%

4. The all electric Macan is supposed to come out next year. Do you think it'll be a lot more expensive? - Probably yes. It is what you should expect from Porsche

5. I notice that Macan inventory is extremely limited on the lots due to Covid-19. How much (if any) of a percentage did you get off of MSRP? I got 'some' off but not as much as I did with my Toyota 13 years ago. I was told that a deep discount isn't likely with a Porsche and covid-19 slow down. - Lots of threads here. I got 0% since mine was one of the first ones back in 2015. It all depends on supply/demand, how much the dealer wants to sell that specific car, etc..

6. What type of gas do you put in your Macan? I was under the impression that they require premium. At the dealership they topped mine of with 88 octane (I asked and they said their pump was 88 octane). I was confused and was told that it's the gas they used for all their new porsche vehicles. Do I need 93 or is 88 sufficient? I haven't noticed any pings, but only 70 miles on it so far. - Costco Kirkland 92 Premium. I happen to live less than a mile from a Costco so it is a nobrainer.

1. Is it worth it to have the 'software' update done to the base model to achieve 50 more hp? (salesman said it was possible) - Are you talking about Cobb? There are tons of threads here about it and it is worth it. You might want to wait until your car breaks in which is around 2k miles. Also, read about managing that with taking car to dealer for warranty services. There is also Race Chip. was thinking about this before just opting to get GTS.

2. I got the wheel and tire protection plan (to me, worth it). Did you get the prepaid maintenance plan and if so, is it worth it? - I did not get either and did not miss it. I had to think about the 50 years of driving around D.C. that i had damaged a rim and tire due to a pothole and it was zero. The finance guy really tried to scare me into into by saying its $3500 a wheel.
3. Overall, how satisfied are you with you Macan? - 100% Ditto

4. The all electric Macan is supposed to come out next year. Do you think it'll be a lot more expensive? - Probably yes. It is what you should expect from Porsche. Ditto

5. I notice that Macan inventory is extremely limited on the lots due to Covid-19. How much (if any) of a percentage did you get off of MSRP? I got 'some' off but not as much as I did with my Toyota 13 years ago. I was told that a deep discount isn't likely with a Porsche and covid-19 slow down. - Lots of threads here. I got 0% since mine was one of the first ones back in 2015. It all depends on supply/demand, how much the dealer wants to sell that specific car, etc.. The discount varies, but I got $1000+ off sticker for the 2020 Macan base. I did get 3.7% off my recently purchased 2021 GTS along with a 2nd maintenance period and 1.92% financing.

6. What type of gas do you put in your Macan? I was under the impression that they require premium. At the dealership they topped mine of with 88 octane (I asked and they said their pump was 88 octane). I was confused and was told that it's the gas they used for all their new porsche vehicles. Do I need 93 or is 88 sufficient? I haven't noticed any pings, but only 70 miles on it so far. - Costco Kirkland 92 Premium. I happen to live less than a mile from a Costco so it is a no brainer. I have put 93 or 91 in at a minimum., no problems.

Hope this helps.

2. I got the wheel and tire protection plan (to me, worth it) I had to think about the 50 years of driving around D.C. that i had damaged a rim and tire due to a pothole and it was zero. The finance guy really tried to scare me into into by saying its $3500 a wheel.
Similar experience, so I declined as well.

Here's a couple questions I had if you know the answer:
1. Is it worth it to have the 'software' update done to the base model to achieve 50 more hp? (salesman said it was possible)
2. I got the wheel and tire protection plan (to me, worth it). Did you get the prepaid maintenance plan and if so, is it worth it?
3. Overall, how satisfied are you with you Macan?
4. The all electric Macan is supposed to come out next year. Do you think it'll be a lot more expensive?
5. I notice that Macan inventory is extremely limited on the lots due to Covid-19. How much (if any) of a percentage did you get off of MSRP? I got 'some' off but not as much as I did with my Toyota 13 years ago. I was told that a deep discount isn't likely with a Porsche and covid-19 slow down.
6. What type of gas do you put in your Macan? I was under the impression that they require premium. At the dealership they topped mine of with 88 octane (I asked and they said their pump was 88 octane). I was confused and was told that it's the gas they used for all their new porsche vehicles. Do I need 93 or is 88 sufficient? I haven't noticed any pings, but only 70 miles on it so far.
Anyways, I'm happy to be here and look forward to seeing everyone's Macans.
I've been driving my 2017 base now coming up on my 4 year and soon to be warranty-less anniversary. It sits in the garage under a blanket all winter so at the moment it just turned 24,000 trouble free miles. At first my wife and I had an argument on ordering the base or S model. She claims I'm never satisfied :rolleyes: because I insisted on the S. I finally had to give in and ended up ordering a pretty heavily optioned base. I've since added a set of summer 20 inch wheels and a few other goodies so basically I'm in it for what the original S would have cost. Going back to the dealer next week to drop another thousand to have Sport Plus installed. Anyway, I have never been dissatisfied with the base performance, and I'm a car guy. I always drive in sport mode and use premium gas. The sound of the 2017 is pretty pathetic but I can live with it. At highway speeds the car is dead quiet and a pleasure to drive. I have a friend with a 2015 S and he wants to trade in on a new base, simply for ease of maintenance and long term reliability. We are both DIYers and do pretty much all of our own maintenance. I did notice the 2020 base loaner I had a year ago was indeed a step up from my 2017. They must have done a few minor performance tweaks because I could tell the new model is a bit more refined. And the loaner had sport plus, hence why I must have this upgrade. I have never heard of a software update to give the base 50 more HP. I doubt your salesman knows what he is talking about. I know when I was in the market I knew more about the Macan than my salesman did. As for cleaning and detailing, if you've never owned a black car before, you'll find out owning a black car is a lifestyle. I wash my wheels in the driveway with wheel cleaner, a wheel brush and hose. I then take it to the drive through car wash for the body wash. I bring it home to towel dry then spray it down with Zaino gloss enhancer or grand finale spray and wipe. The black color will knock your socks off using Zaino, and it's so easy to use. Welcome to the base family. You'll love it and for the rest of your life no other car brand will come close.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
I've been driving my 2017 base now coming up on my 4 year and soon to be warranty-less anniversary. It sits in the garage under a blanket all winter so at the moment it just turned 24,000 trouble free miles. At first my wife and I had an argument on ordering the base or S model. She claims I'm never satisfied :rolleyes: because I insisted on the S. I finally had to give in and ended up ordering a pretty heavily optioned base. I've since added a set of summer 20 inch wheels and a few other goodies so basically I'm in it for what the original S would have cost. Going back to the dealer next week to drop another thousand to have Sport Plus installed. Anyway, I have never been dissatisfied with the base performance, and I'm a car guy. I always drive in sport mode and use premium gas. The sound of the 2017 is pretty pathetic but I can live with it. At highway speeds the car is dead quiet and a pleasure to drive. I have a friend with a 2015 S and he wants to trade in on a new base, simply for ease of maintenance and long term reliability. We are both DIYers and do pretty much all of our own maintenance. I did notice the 2020 base loaner I had a year ago was indeed a step up from my 2017. They must have done a few minor performance tweaks because I could tell the new model is a bit more refined. And the loaner had sport plus, hence why I must have this upgrade. I have never heard of a software update to give the base 50 more HP. I doubt your salesman knows what he is talking about. I know when I was in the market I knew more about the Macan than my salesman did. As for cleaning and detailing, if you've never owned a black car before, you'll find out owning a black car is a lifestyle. I wash my wheels in the driveway with wheel cleaner, a wheel brush and hose. I then take it to the drive through car wash for the body wash. I bring it home to towel dry then spray it down with Zaino gloss enhancer or grand finale spray and wipe. The black color will knock your socks off using Zaino, and it's so easy to use. Welcome to the base family. You'll love it and for the rest of your life no other car brand will come close.
Just took it on my first 3 hours (each way) road trip yesterday. It's my daily driver and I drive my cars. Cleaned it for 3 hours this am to get love bugs off, etc. Noticed my first hood blemish (may have happened around home this week too. Don't know) and it broke my heart but it's inevitable as a daily driver. Still contemplating the ppf for $2200. Considering that in a few years I may need a paint job and that isn't too much more than ppf. Anyways...3 clear coat blemishes on the hood broke my heart. The base black paint (not metallic) has a scratchy look under the clear coat. I bought this off the show room floor and pointed it out. They said they call it Scratchy black because black reveals all. Anyways... I'll live with the first hood clear coat blemish. Still don't know if the $2200 ppf is worth it for just the front. If I have chips on doors for example I'd still need touch up paint.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.