Porsche Macan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not, the "stealing a car kind" but the taking a ride in your Macan for non-essential purposes kind during a stay at home order. I was not happy with this thread since there was a stay at home order.

OTOH, I dislike being lectured to. Yet at the same time, this virus is no joke. You might not know anyone who has it or died from it but that does not mean its not real. If your location has a stay at home order, please don't post about joyriding. Its not appropriate. If you think this is being overhyped in the news, 24/7 coverage for no reason, I suggest listening to this podcast Dispatch 3: Shared Immunity | Radiolab | WNYC Studios. The MD she was referring to made this tweet

The part you really want to hear is the part about what happens once you take your loved one, friend, etc to the ER. To summarize, people drop them off, park the car, go into to see them but can't see them. The patient is isolated from everyone. No one goes in to see them without a medical reason. If they should die, you will never see them again. They die alone. ? Unsaid, was the part about funerals, wakes, and the like. Depending upon your locality, do you think they would be one if you have to social distance? What would it be like?

Please, if you live in a location with a stay at home order, do not post about joy riding on this forum. Its not appropriate. thank you

·
Registered
994 Posts
I am in the Dom Republic - w/o Macan -

We have curfews --- 5pm to 6 am....
very little social activity.

I get bored... I go for a drive... just a drive... never actually get out of the car

Wherein lies the problem !!??

I expect some might call that a joyride... gives me joy !

and I harm nobody.......

Your 'lecture' to me insulted me and bounced off

Think about it......... where's the harm in going out in a snowstorm after they post a weather warning?...

Overreaction is what I read into your post
or , if you prefer, too much PC

Sorry - pls don't take offense... but I see a 'holier than thou' attitude

·
Registered
145 Posts

I get bored... I go for a drive... just a drive... never actually get out of the car

and I harm nobody.......

Think about it......... where's the harm in going out in a snowstorm after they post a weather warning?...

Perhaps you didn't read all the reasons why it is a problem - it's in the thread. It's not just about you - it's about the people you could affect if you were to get into an accident during times of national emergency for non-essential joyriding.

Perhaps the government should give joyriders who need medical attention lower priority at the hospital.

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

and I harm nobody.......

Willie, if you don't get it, I can't explain it. Its not just about you. Its about everyone. Everyone is connected.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Wahl, you're a trip. No pun intended. We do the same. She goes out for a drive just for a change of pace instead of looking at my ugly mug for days.... I do the same on occasion.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Very sorry to to insult you people...
I love in a different world - different culture here-- you cannot compare

I prefaced my post with my location....

if you don't understand- you don't

Developing country at best... 3rd world usually

If you don't get --- you never will

·
Registered
327 Posts
Everyone that owns a Porsche and visits this forum is most likely a level-headed grown up.

It's a kindergarten country, but you don't need to behave like one. Don't want to nap? Fine, just don't disturb others and wake them up.

Drive safe and keep distance (both while driving and from people).
Virus is not a joke, my wife is a nurse here in NY and she hasn't had a day without at least one death or a rapid response. Not to mention the refrigerated truck trailer that's filling up at an alarming rate.

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TOS
You may not ... Use the Web Site to post or transmit any unlawful .... information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense ... or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law.
Executive orders from gov are not recommendations but likely criminal penalties, not routine traffic infractions. Example from CA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.