Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been following the forum for a while and finally decided to register!

Used to drive an 06 Lexus ES. Car was coming up on a big maintenance milestone (~150k miles) and I was approaching the big 3-0, so decided to take the plunge. Over Memorial Day weekend 2018 found myself at Redwood City Porsche looking at cars on the lot. My only criteria was to have beige leather interior (something different than black) and dark walnut trim (an ode to my Lexus where I had cherry wood interior trim). Ended up speaking to Gary, who was extremely patient and helpful. He brought out a white Macan S and the rest is history. Traded in my Lexus a day later and was the owner of a new 2018 white Macan S!

Optioned lightly for comfort (premium pkg plus, no performance add-ons). It is my every day driver and I've put about 30k miles over the past 3 years. Makes me miss my commute! Accessories I've purchased are the OEM rubber mats, cargo liner and sunshield.

Only issues thus far were the squeaking steering wheel, two front windshields replaced (driving on Hwy 101 at 6 am is NOT good for windshields... lots of big rigs), and needing to replace and align tires in the next couple thousand miles (front right is showing excess outer wear). Probably going to get Michelin Lattitudes (came with Pirelli Scorpion Verde).

My favorite parts of the car are the back tail lights and the sound the engine makes when it is coasting at lower speeds. My brother says it sounds like a tug boat :p

I've learned a TON from this forum and can't thank everyone enough. Lots of entertaining and informative posts!

A nice day in the bay

Sunday morning car wash

These wheels have grown on me, but they are quite a pain to wash!

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the group (formally)! That's a lovely Macan & it's great to see that you've been enjoying all this while.

Reactions: macanomicS

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really like your car. I have a 2020 base Macan with those wheels and yes, they take some time to clean but I love the look. Have fun with it, they are fun to drive.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
705 Posts
Only issues thus far were the squeaking steering wheel, two front windshields replaced (driving on Hwy 101 at 6 am is NOT good for windshields... lots of big rigs), and needing to replace and align tires in the next couple thousand miles (front right is showing excess outer wear). Probably going to get Michelin Lattitudes (came with Pirelli Scorpion Verde).
Looks great and welcome to the forum. Did the dealer address the squeaky steering? Drove me nuts for a couple months on my 2018, but it’s a 2 hour trip to the dealer so I just lubricated it and its been quiet for 6 months since.

Mine has the latitudes and so far no complaints for an all season.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still looking for the perfect wheel brush for the inner parts of the spokes - let me know if you've got a good one :p
I bought a Griot’s Garage small wool brush, but found myself spending just as much time as I would with a sponge. I’ve moved to power washing the wheels instead. Doesn’t get all the brake dust out, but it will get most of it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great and welcome to the forum. Did the dealer address the squeaky steering? Drove me nuts for a couple months on my 2018, but it’s a 2 hour trip to the dealer so I just lubricated it and its been quiet for 6 months since.

Mine has the latitudes and so far no complaints for an all season.
You reminded me of the other issue I had…

When the squeaking first happened I took it in to the dealership and they lubricated it. Sound came back a few months later and they did it again. Third time the fuse in my steering column (for adjusting up and down) blew, so my steering column got stuck in an up position. Pretty sure they did more than fix the fuse because the sound is gone for good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts