Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

Needing a more practical car - and not willing to give up the purist driving side of me, I ended up with a 2016 Macan Turbo.
I've spent the past couple months reading through these forums, learning all about the trims, feel, mods etc. and there was no comparison - Macan >....

Here she is.... theme is sleeper/blackout....

Done so far:
  • smoked side LED markers
  • tinted windows
  • door armrest storage (wonderful)
On tap:
  • Lowering Module
  • Blackout rear lettering
  • Any other must/best mods to do??

want to thank all the members for the vast amount of historical information that made my learning curve much simpler for this platform. cheers!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Wonderful!!!

Reactions: nsx88

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
148 Posts
  • Any other must/best mods to do??
1) Cobb AP tuning - really wakes the Macan up. 50+ HP gain. Popular upgrade

2) Performance Air Filters
I have the the Flat 6 Flat 6 Motorsports Cold Air Intake System (Macan 95B.2) AMS or BMC are options

3) Pedal Commander. Doesn't add power, but makes you Macan much more responsive to pedal inputs. I don't currently have one. Pedal Commander | Throttle Response Controller

·
Registered
486 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I remember how excited I was to join the family. What are you coming from? NSX?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) Cobb AP tuning - really wakes the Macan up. 50+ HP gain. Popular upgrade

2) Performance Air Filters
I have the the Flat 6 Flat 6 Motorsports Cold Air Intake System (Macan 95B.2) AMS or BMC are options

3) Pedal Commander. Doesn't add power, but makes you Macan much more responsive to pedal inputs. I don't currently have one. Pedal Commander | Throttle Response Controller
Thanks. Just looked up the Cobb. it's quite $$$. one thing i'm learning is this thing drinks gas..... lol

Congrats and welcome! I remember how excited I was to join the family. What are you coming from? NSX?
Thanks! I'm a 987.2 owner. Was going to consider giving it up, but in the end i had to keep it. i could not let go. the macan was suppose to be my daily, but the wifey has made it "oh u bot it for me..." situation. :mad:.. so i still drive the cayman 90% of the time.

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
148 Posts
Thanks. Just looked up the Cobb. it's quite $$$. one thing i'm learning is this thing drinks gas..... lol
I paid $1850 tax in, including installation and a 10 minute training session in June 2021 from a shop in the west-end of the GTA. Do not buy it from the US and have it shipped here. GST, potentially duty and courier customs fees are killer. Yeah it's expensive, but it's almost reasonable compared to most-other Macan go-fast parts. An exhaust which adds maybe 20 horsepower starts at $2500. Filters are $250 - $500 depending on which option you go with and add 10 HP and lots of new noise.

If you take it easy on the highway you can get decent fuel economy. But around town, it's pretty hard on gas. In comfort mode, my Macan is pretty sluggish, so I often drive in Sport mode which doesn't help.<-- This is where the Pedal Commander helps. With the current price of premium gas (>1.65+ per litre - roughly $5.25 US per US gallon), resulting in $100+ fill-ups it's hard not to aware of bad driving habits. My supercharged SQ5 economy was about 25% better and I drove it hard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I paid $1850 tax in, including installation and a 10 minute training session in June 2021 from a shop in the west-end of the GTA. Do not buy it from the US and have it shipped here. GST, potentially duty and courier customs fees are killer. Yeah it's expensive, but it's almost reasonable compared to most-other Macan go-fast parts. An exhaust which adds maybe 20 horsepower starts at $2500. Filters are $250 - $500 depending on which option you go with and add 10 HP and lots of new noise.

If you take it easy on the highway you can get decent fuel economy. But around town, it's pretty hard on gas. In comfort mode, my Macan is pretty sluggish, so I often drive in Sport mode which doesn't help.<-- This is where the Pedal Commander helps. With the current price of premium gas (>1.65+ per litre - roughly $5.25 US per US gallon), resulting in $100+ fill-ups it's hard not to aware of bad driving habits. My supercharged SQ5 economy was about 25% better and I drove it hard.
Dumb question, and it may be asked million times already in this forum.

COBB Tune will most likely void the warranty. How can you avoid that if you taking ur car to the dealership for maintenance / sth went wrong?

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
148 Posts
Dumb question, and it may be asked million times already in this forum.

COBB Tune will most likely void the warranty. How can you avoid that if you taking ur car to the dealership for maintenance / sth went wrong?
You can remove the tune from the Macan and re-install the original files using the Cobb AP. The AP takes copies of the or factory files when you first connect it. It's straightforward and quick. Requires a battery charger during the process.

According to information posted here on Macan Forum, the dealer can still tell that the code has been flashed. I personally can't confirm that. So yes, there is definitely a risk of voided warranty, but most people here haven't had a problem with a dealer.

The dealer would be obligated to prove that the tune was the root cause of the failure. That said, I believe it would realistically be our responsibility to prove is was not responsible. Since my warranty is now over, it's academic.

·
Registered
2016 Macan Turbo
22 Posts
**** that looks good, can you use the height adjustment buttons to go back close to stock? I’m really regretting getting a turbo without air suspension.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
**** that looks good, can you use the height adjustment buttons to go back close to stock? I’m really regretting getting a turbo without air suspension.
thanks!
The H&R module didn’t come wired with the on/off switch like the others units. Might wire it myself later but I doubt I’ll mess with it after this initial week of playing with the height.

having said that, it’s fairly easy to change the height using the adjustment screws on the unit. I believe u can get about 20mm to stock.

the best is the adjusting ability. I settled on the pic above visually.
I believe the car has natural positive rake , so I adjusted the rear a little lower. Here was the initial dump before I raised it up .

·
Registered
2016 Macan Turbo
22 Posts
I assumed that with Air Suspension, you get console buttons for ride height, and default settings for "sport / sport plus" modes lower the suspension, and "Off road" mode raising the suspension. (I don't have AS on my 2016 turbo, but I test drove several 2017-2020 GTS models that all had AS before I purchased that had buttons that moved the height of the car: that you could set while driving, and feel the car change stance.)

Does the module change ALL ride height settings, or only specific settings. i.e. if you only want low setting to change, and keep comfort mode tall, can you do that?

Also, I highly recommend the COBB access port. you can find them used on here for ~$900.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the module lowers the car 'an extra' amount for my case i think i dropped it about 30mm.

all the factory buttons still apply. just your physical new 'baseline' has been altered.

i press off-road = raises up (stock offroad height minus 30mm)
i press AS button = lowers it 10 mm more (stock AS low height minus 30 mm)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts