Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
My local dealership here in Melbourne is open via appointment only - whether it be sales, service or parts. It'll be interesting to see how the current state of affairs carries out over the coming months. Admittedly, I'm in somewhat of a curious situation as my Macan is due to be built mid April - although, I'm expecting significant delays with the closures of the factories in Germany.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not sure about going forward but as of yesterday my dealer was open. Dropped car off for 20k service and saw sales manager and few salesmen there. Definitely was a ghost town for that entire street of auto dealers though.
Where the dealer is located would be helpful.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Porsche Bellingham, in WA state is open for service only, no car sales

·
Registered
426 Posts
I went to the dealer to pickup the new Cayenne and they were open for sales and service with lots of precautions despite the fact that we have statewide (Indiana) lock down with no non-essential businesses allowed to operate. Then I took it to the ceramic coating shop and the owner was shocked that I was able to get a loan, sign papers, and pickup the car "legally". The color combo is of phenomenal beauty and now the agonizing week long wait begins before I can drive it. I realize I am very lucky to get it since it just made production before shutdown and delivered a month ahead of projected schedule.

IMG_20200326_140509_01.jpg
IMG_20200326_132148.jpg

·
Registered
426 Posts
@wspollack, link to a share with lots of pictures promise when I get it back in a week. The interior color is hard to describe when it is two tone graphite blue and chalk with chalk belts to match. The only thing I can do now is to look at it on the configurator (code in my signature).

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
@wspollack, link to a share with lots of pictures promise when I get it back in a week. The interior color is hard to describe when it is two tone graphite blue and chalk with chalk belts to match. The only thing I can do now is to look at it on the configurator (code in my signature).
Looks nice. I've have to see it in person, to get a feel for the lightness or darkness of the chalk seats.

And first I've heard of the ionizer choice, but I've never looked at a Cayenne configuration before.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I went to the dealer to pickup the new Cayenne and they were open for sales and service with lots of precautions despite the fact that we have statewide (Indiana) lock down with no non-essential businesses allowed to operate. Then I took it to the ceramic coating shop and the owner was shocked that I was able to get a loan, sign papers, and pickup the car "legally". The color combo is of phenomenal beauty and now the agonizing week long wait begins before I can drive it. I realize I am very lucky to get it since it just made production before shutdown and delivered a month ahead of projected schedule.

View attachment 230146 View attachment 230147
Absolutely mesmerising - nothing more to say. Congratulations and please enjoy in the best of health!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oooo....chalk exterior with graphite blue/chalk interior :eek: Can't wait to see more pictures!

·
Registered
426 Posts
@wspollack @Reanard

My friends, the moment has arrived to drive the new ride so as promised I put some images on my personal share: Sergey's Cayenne for your viewing.
The ceramic coating stay was sure a lot of fun for my Cayenne so definitely "not bored" slogan would apply while rubbing shoulders with others (see pictures).
The tint was not completed since the person moved on making me wait another 2 weeks for the coat to cure before the tint at another place.
The delivery was not perfect with paint not covered and swirled as a result and wheels were not covered either. Other deliveries I observed a year ago had full paint plastic film covers and wheel covers. Also, it was raining somewhere in transport and water even got inside with water spots on the leather. This is nothing 3 hours of interior and paint correction cannot fix but that cost is on me with dealer not taking any action at this point.
Also, on the first drive around the brushed silver trim above the glove box has a wide enough gap that mounting pins are visible and reflecting directly into the driver or passenger eyes which is unacceptable. Other Turbo that was a Coupe with the same exclusive to Turbo trim did not have that issue. So part has been ordered from Germany and most likely will require trim pull. To add to the injury medium volume bass created a very pronounced rattle as rock in a metal bucket from the driver door. This goes on as I noticed the tires were overinflated by 6-9psi so dealing with this now. What an experience it should not be!

·
Registered
168 Posts
@wspollack @Reanard

My friends, the moment has arrived to drive the new ride so as promised I put some images on my personal share: Sergey's Cayenne for your viewing.
The ceramic coating stay was sure a lot of fun for my Cayenne so definitely "not board" slogan would apply while rubbing shoulders with others (see pictures).
The tint was not completed since the person moved on making me wait another 2 weeks for the coat to cure before the tint at another place.
The delivery was not perfect with paint not covered and swirled as a result and wheels were not covered either. Other deliveries I observed a year ago had full paint plastic film covers and wheel covers. Also, it was raining somewhere in transport and water even got inside with water spots on the leather. This is nothing 3 hours of interior and paint correction cannot fix but that cost is on me with dealer not taking any action at this point.
Also, on the first drive around the brushed silver trim above the glove box has a wide enough gap that mounting pins are visible and reflecting directly into the driver or passenger eyes which is unacceptable. Other Turbo that was a Coupe with the same excusive to Turbo trim did not have that issue. So part has been ordered from Germany and most likely will require trim pull. To add to the injury medium volume bass created a very pronounced rattle as rock in a metal bucket from the driver door. This goes on as I noticed the tires were overinflated by 6-9psi so dealing with this now. What an experience it should not be! View attachment 230265
Oh dear, sorry to hear about your troubles. I honestly hope the situation drastically improves in due course. Still, I can't ignore the fact that you've got one utterly gorgeous Cayenne. I couldn't be more infatuated with the look of it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Had an appointment to do some fuel pump recall work next Tuesday at Porsche Warrington in PA. Got a call this afternoon that for now they are closing at least until 4/1. Don‘t think it is an early April fools day joke. Any other local dealers closing?
In Florida some dealers cut back their hours and come to your house in certain cases. They literally take a car to your house to test drive and come get it for service. Some have pages up describing their sanitizing practices.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts