Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an appointment to do some fuel pump recall work next Tuesday at Porsche Warrington in PA. Got a call this afternoon that for now they are closing at least until 4/1. Don‘t think it is an early April fools day joke. Any other local dealers closing?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I asked the dealer if they are open since I have a delivery next week (Cayenne) and they said they are open but I did not ask if service is still open. Also, called the ClearBra place and they said they are open and will take care of the Cayenne next week. This is regardless of the stay home directive that has been put in place in the area by the mayors but next week may be a different story. I was ahead of this and got my winter/summer tire swap while they worked on the master cylinder replace and brake fluid flush. I am very lucky that I am up to date on the Macan service. I took my time to wash the Macan today but really nowhere to go since we are not really allowed to go anywhere unless it is essential but parks are open as long as we do not go to the playgrounds.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well, you're all lucky

Here in the Dom Republic we ahve -
No flights for 15 days
8pm to 6 am curfew
nonessential business closures
Public transportation forbidden
Hotels closed

Imagine how many people (poor already) have no pay coning

·
Registered
297 Posts
Had an appointment to do some fuel pump recall work next Tuesday at Porsche Warrington in PA. Got a call this afternoon that for now they are closing at least until 4/1. Don‘t think it is an early April fools day joke. Any other local dealers closing?
I assume it’s part of the state wide shut down.

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Porsche of Livermore- Service open (they will PU), parts limited hours, sales via phone/email/text. Life in California:cool:

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
In NY state mechanic and service departments are consider “essential”. However sales didn’t make the list and must close by 8PM tonight.

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What @JohnC4S said, re New York State.

1) I got email yesterday (03/20) from a local independent shop, which I use for Camry repairs. The owner wrote ...

We realize how essential your vehicle is to you and your family. We will remain open with normal business hours to make sure your vehicle gets the service and/or repairs needed.

... and said come on down, we have these specials, etc.

2) I have my 40,000-mile appointment scheduled for 04/02 at a local (NYS) Porsche dealership and, thus far, they haven't said anything to me about changing it.

(I may change it -- move it back -- myself, because I'll only have c. 39,300 on the car. When I made the appointment, I was figuring on adding 500 miles via a weekend visit to my brother in Philly, before the service, but that trip is off.)

3) For NYS, here's the official NY dot gov page pertaining to the "March 18, 2020, Executive Order 202.6 (or as revised)":

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention, if you don't want to follow that link: "auto repair" is included as an essential service, and "automotive repair" is essential for other essential services.

·
Super Moderator
7,716 Posts
New auto sales are not essential to the nation's existence in an emergency. You can expect that to close although I see some dealers emailing me telling me they will bring a new car I buy to the house. That's pretty funny. 🤒Can't go out but they will gladly bring you a new car.

OTOH, transportation service, that is, fixing vehicles required for the Transportation Sector is most likely an essential service everywhere. If you can't fix the vehicles, then the nation will die. This is exactly the reason why the nation can't depend upon foreign resource for the transportation sector, the very reason the SPR exists, and most likely why anyplace that fixes cars will remain open, for now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
As of now auto sales in NJ are shutdown - repairs are open.

·
Registered
59 Posts
All non essential businesses (workplaces) must shut down in Ontario by midnight, Mar 24.

·
Registered
78 Posts
In PA, auto repair is considered "life-sustaining." My dealer, Sewickley Porsche, is open for service. And they will do remote buying and deliver your vehicle to you with all the paperwork handled online.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not sure about going forward but as of yesterday my dealer was open. Dropped car off for 20k service and saw sales manager and few salesmen there. Definitely was a ghost town for that entire street of auto dealers though.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S Sapphire, Black, Steel Built 02/20.
56 Posts
In Toronto my dealer is closing down sales for two weeks and said yesterday they will re-open after two weeks on April 6. Think my car is sitting on the lot. Will see what unfolds.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts