Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking into CVS today and in the parking lot I saw hands down the most beautiful 2020 Cayenne Turbo S. It was basically blacked out and had the green calipers. However, the thing that made it stand out was that the black paint was more of a matte color than the typical metallic paint Porsche offers. I looked on the website and none of the 2 “stock” black colors looked like the one I saw today. I’ve been looking for PTS color codes but I can’t find any of them that offer the matte black color. It may have been a wrap, but it looked higher quality than a matte wrap. It looked perfect, not too cheap looking (like most matte colors do) but also looked like paint. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Would have been nice to see a picture of what you're talking about!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
There are clear films which will give the paint a matte or satin looking finish. My guess is, that's what you saw. This is an example on Volcano Grey.....

·
Premium Member
2017 Panamera Turbo
1,377 Posts
yep. Guarantee it’s a matte wrap on black. Dealerships do that all the time.

Reactions: MAPC

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
That is one sexy tiger!:love: How much do wraps like that for?
I've not done it, but I believe a whole car wrap like this is in the $3000 range. If you're adventurous enough, there are also DIY videos on YouTube.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've been seeing a flat matte gray Macan in the hood . . . . I'll be that is what it is . . . one of those wraps. It looks awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's definitely a satin nero grey wrap or xpel ultimate stealth paint protection film which results in a matte/satin finish when applied over a gloss/metallic paint

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
Re: the thread's title

There could be - provided someone provided the sample.

How about that vantablack, made from aligned carbon nanotubes? My understanding is they've
created two sprayable paints.

...so the vehicle shows up on the radar, and the LEO cannot see it?

:unsure:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts