Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I know someone who ordered a lime green on lime green Porsche 911 Turbo. When the car arrived, she didn't like how the seats felt. They took around around the dealership while she sat in everything until she found a seat she liked.

So she ordered another one WITH the seats she liked. Miraculously. the first car was sold. She may have had help. Her husband owned the Land Rover dealership down the street.

I saw the second one because I parked right next to it one day but at the time I didn't know the story behind it. It was the most hideous car I have ever seen. She was in her late 60s at the time. Word is she never broke 50 mph in it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I haven’t seen brown full leather interior kinda unique, but the tone looks kinda dark almost like grey.

so it’s full leather interior, all sides including seat back door panels are real leather?

red speedos clock face look nice also

one question, why did you go with silver pipes since you ordered black window trim and satin rims?
At the risk of being a tiny bit off-topic -- but as long as you mentioned it -- my wife and I spec'ed "VN Leather Interior in Saddle Brown $3,630" two+ years ago.

It's not Espresso like @cpt1515 ordered. Saddle Brown is a little lighter, and, last I looked, a little less expensive.

The Saddle Brown seems to change color dramatically, based on the ambient lighting. You can get an idea of this, along with an idea of all the parts that are covered by leather, by checking out my gallery:

We're very pleased with it, by the way.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
California Vehicle Code 11736, item (c). I don't know whether this applies to Tesla since they are a manufacturer selling direct to the consumer, rather than a typical California licensed dealer.

California Code, Vehicle Code - VEH § 11736 | FindLaw
Interesting. So what is the point of the deposit if the dealer has no protection from a buyer ordering a customized vehicle that others may not want?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts