Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Don’t see anything wrong with it, except maybe the red belts. Looks nice. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Enjoy in good health. Just being very honest and with all due respect, I would not buy your car for any discount in the world. But again, everyone has its own taste for colors. Just not my taste. I also think it won't be an easy car to resell.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I really like mamba green but to me the interior/trim color choices are a little disparate.
But it's for you not me- enjoy the new Porsche!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
2020 Macan
It looks a lot better than I imagined it would . The red belts gave me a pause. In a place like South Florida with bright sunlight and green landscape it actually works . There happens to be a bright green iguana similar to that color which always gets a second look when I see one on a jog. I never imagined it for a car though .. much less an SUV .. but it's ok. I do think a GTS with the black Spyder wheels would bring out the green but the brown would not blend .

Either way congrats . if you love it . that's what counts .

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
For a price, the OP can swap out the belts and the dials to something more acceptable to the general public. In the meantime, enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
found on rennlist! Jade Green - check, Espresso interior - check, Red belts & dials - ummm... An acquired taste! :)

Looks like it's no longer at the dealer's lot.

Congrats!

I like the Espresso - it looks pretty close to the Agate Gray interior - maybe lighter?

BTW, what's the glowing thing to the left of the headlamp switch?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
BTW, what's the glowing thing to the left of the headlamp switch?
If you're talking about that concentric-circle thingy -- red outside, white inside -- that's just a paper sticker that says not to go faster than 150mph with stock all-season tires on (or something along those lines). We had one on our '18 S, too, and I removed it when pulling out of Atlanta PEC two+ years ago.

·
Registered
602 Posts
FYI, I live in Texas and successfully backed out of an order and got my $5K deposit back. My build was not as radical as this one but also not one that a dealer would typically inventory. I watched it get posted on their website and it was sold within about two weeks as it was gone from their website and someone spotted it at a local PPF installer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Depends what state you're located in, and what contract you signed. In California, for example, by law the dealership must refund your deposit if you decide not to take delivery.
So you could walk out with full money back without penalty?

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
So you could walk out with full money back without penalty?
In California? Yep....and lots of folks here have done just that. Of course, the market here is so huge, I suspect the dealerships had no trouble finding another buyer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In California? Yep....and lots of folks here have done just that. Of course, the market here is so huge, I suspect the dealerships had no trouble finding another buyer.
I don't believe California dictates that deposits must be refundable. For example, the deposits on Model Y explicitly states non-refundable.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts